Everyone wants something different...reqs?

fsuhockette

My 9yo son wants to see ruins.

My 7yo son wants to see anything but ruins.

My 2yo is along for the ride.

My MIL wants to take the to swim with dolphins.

My husband and I are flexible.

Is there anywhere that has ruins, dolphins, beach?

Do the Discover Mexico/Chankanaab route. Google both for websites. There's a discount. Lots of culture stuff and scale models of historical landmarks and ruins sites to entertain a 9 yr old and a 7 yr old. Plus Chank is where MIL can see the dolphins and everyone else can enjoy the beach and watertoys.

Where else are you going? Belize is a good stop for ruins.

Edited by crewsweeper

Do the Discover Mexico/Chankanaab route. Google both for websites. There's a discount. Lots of culture stuff and scale models of historical landmarks and ruins sites to entertain a 9 yr old and a 7 yr old. Plus Chank is where MIL can see the dolphins and everyone else can enjoy the beach and watertoys.

Where else are you going? Belize is a good stop for ruins.

We are going to Labadee and Falmouth. Neither have much that I'm excited for. We're traveling with our family of 5, my ILs (late 70s) and SIL and BIL.

My 9yo son wants to see ruins.

My 7yo son wants to see anything but ruins.

My 2yo is along for the ride.

My MIL wants to take the to swim with dolphins.

My husband and I are flexible.

Is there anywhere that has ruins, dolphins, beach?

You are the boss.......

Bravo for your 9 year old who wants to see the ruins but don't do ruins with a 7 and 2 year old. Do a beach club that has a pool like Paradise Beach. And beach toys.

We are going to Labadee and Falmouth. Neither have much that I'm excited for. We're traveling with our family of 5, my ILs (late 70s) and SIL and BIL.

Well, I kinda agree with you there. For adults there's the zip lines at Labadee and Dunn River Falls or Blue Hole out of Falmouth. I wouldn't take children on either. But otherwise, it's beach days at port for both there.

Still with the crew you're shuttling around look into Chankanaab and Discover Mexico. There's also a small set of "ruins" and a small village at El Cedral, which is down from Discover Mexico about 2 or 3 kilometers. Since taxis aren't that expensive you might consider dropping everyone off at Chank and then take some to both Discover Mexico and El Cedral. for a portion of the time. Have the dolphin swimmers book a time through the ship. That can give you a better idea of where to be when.

Which ruins do you recommend in Belize?

we did Xunantunich in Belize and loved it. It is 2 hours on the bus there, but honestly it goes fast with the great tour guides talking the whole time. We all learned so much about their country. Then at the ruins you have a Mayan guide. Afterwards, you go to a local restaurant for a great lunch. Back on the bus, most people slept all the way back to pier.

there are other ruin tours, but most of the ruins are inland at least an hour, so expect sitting on a bus. Altun Ha is the closest so shorter bus ride.

Well, I kinda agree with you there. For adults there's the zip lines at Labadee and Dunn River Falls or Blue Hole out of Falmouth. I wouldn't take children on either. But otherwise, it's beach days at port for both there.

Still with the crew you're shuttling around look into Chankanaab and Discover Mexico. There's also a small set of "ruins" and a small village at El Cedral, which is down from Discover Mexico about 2 or 3 kilometers. Since taxis aren't that expensive you might consider dropping everyone off at Chank and then take some to both Discover Mexico and El Cedral. for a portion of the time. Have the dolphin swimmers book a time through the ship. That can give you a better idea of where to be when.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to get in most of what everyone's looking for in Mexico since the other ports are bound to be beach days or ship days.