Having trouble moving rooms after booking!!

nware411

I hope someone can help me. I booked about 10 days ago, my in-laws booked yesterday. We have rooms a few doors down from each other, but I would like to move next door so we can extend the balcony. When I called carnival I basically was shut down because they can't move a 2 person reservation to a 3/4 person room which seems to be all the available rooms in the area. If we were doing the initial booking it should I could pick those rooms though. They also can't down grade me so moving down a deck is not at option. I had them look at upgrades, but they still didn't have any 2 person rooms and both of our reservations are 2 people. Is this really the policy? Our cruise is still 390+ days out I am surprised they can't accommodate us. Does someone have a good PVP that they could recommend or another way around this? I am baffled this is even an issue this far out.

I hope someone can help me. I booked about 10 days ago, my in-laws booked yesterday. We have rooms a few doors down from each other, but I would like to move next door so we can extend the balcony. When I called carnival I basically was shut down because they can't move a 2 person reservation to a 3/4 person room which seems to be all the available rooms in the area. If we were doing the initial booking it should I could pick those rooms though. They also can't down grade me so moving down a deck is not at option. I had them look at upgrades, but they still didn't have any 2 person rooms and both of our reservations are 2 people. Is this really the policy? Our cruise is still 390+ days out I am surprised they can't accommodate us. Does someone have a good PVP that they could recommend or another way around this? I am baffled this is even an issue this far out.

Yes it is true and unfortunately we are not allowed to recommend TA's or PVP's on here.

Bill

Ive never used a TA so I don't know of any to recommend, but I do know that they will take existing reservations and they reserve blocks of rooms. Maybe one can take both of your bookings and move you next to each other. I'm not sure what your cabin classes are, but they might let one of you pay so they are the same and make it happen.

If it's a high season cruise they won't under book a cabin. If it's a low season cruise they MIGHT underbook a cabin.

Look on the deck plans to see which cabins would work for you. Then call back to see if any of those are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

From what I understand even if you were able to move to the 3/4 person room, you might have to move if someone with 3 or 4 people needed it. Especially if there was still a category of your room available.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if your cruise is over a year away, you won't incur a penalty for canceling, so why don't you just cancel and re-book?

Might have book Early Saver.

OP- if it's important cancel your booking and absorb the $50/pp penalty.

The inability to downgrade, suggest to me that the OP is booked early saver.

In that case, I wouldn't cancel and rebook just yet.

The cruise is a year away, and there's a good chance Carnival will allow 2 people to be booked in a 3 or 4 person cabin. They often relax the occupancy restrictions. It happened for me on the Sunshine last year about 5 months out. Otherwise, look into moving further down the deck or up. I know right now they are running a sale with free upgrades. They do that often. You may be able to move up and get side by side without having to pay more money.

You probably would not have been able to complete the booking for a 3/4 person room with just two people, or you may have been moved. As long as you did not book early saver you can cancel and rebook without a penalty. Call again and talk to a PVP, you might get a good one who can recommend options. You did not say what ship you are sailing, but there very well may not be that many cabins available. I know it doesn't help now, but in the future it may be best to book both cabins at the same time to get what you want.

Edited by dacsmom

I did book the early saver so we would have the $50pp fee to cancel. I don't think its a big enough deal to cancel and lose money to have staterooms next to each other, but I also think it's a bit crazy it's that hard to move two cabins so they are next to each other. They gave me one option, but it moves us all the way fwd and I had originally booked all the way aft. I may have to call in time to time and see whats available. There wasn't even an option on higher decks that would give carnival more money. Oh well!

Also just because the rooms are side by side does not mean that the balcony dividers can open to each other. It depends on the ship and Carnival can check which cabins balconies can be connected to each other.

Edited by mistycruiser
typo

First, I would call Carnival and have your bookings linked, and to add a note that you would like to have side by side cabins. They may move you as the sailing gets closer, if they have the availability.

Also, a lot can happen in a year. Somebody may have to cancel.

As mentioned, you could have gotten bumped closer to sail date, if a party of 3 or 4 needed that cabin.

And definitely just opening balcony dividers (which may or may not open anyway) doesn't seem worth it to lose $100 over.

Also just because the rooms are side by side does not mean that the balcony dividers can open to each other. It depends on the ship and Carnival can check which cabins balconies can be connected to each other.

Thanks for pointing this out. I called Carnival and found out the rooms offered were connecting inside but not on the balcony. The CSR I got this time told me there is no occupancy restriction on this trip so I could book any room I want, but there is still that small chance they could move me, but they would need to give me something comparable or upgrade me.

On the Splendor I booked connecting cabins when what I really wanted was to open the balcony divider and have connecting balconies. My PVP found what we wanted and switched our cabins, no problem. We were early saver and did not pay a penalty. This far out you should not have any problems. I wanted to switch cabins on a last minute cruise I booked this week as I saw a cabin on the Empress deck had opened up. Last night I was told no, I called back today and now it is done. Keep trying to get what you want, it certainly is a reasonable request and should be honored.

I travel solo and had a 3-4 cabin. I added 2 fake cruisers who were no shows.

I was thinking the same think. If the room is for 3 people, book a third person even if that person isn't really going to come, and let them be a no-show. There will be a charge, but since the OP was willing to pay for an upgrade, maybe they would be willing to pay the extra cost.

Of course, they should make sure the balcony divider can be open between the two rooms.