Q re attire / getting to the hot tub!

georgie73

Actually we have seen people in the elevator of a five and a six star resort wearing a bathrobe to and from the sauna, pool, etc. Don't expect them to sneak up the fire exit do you?

This is exactly the place that you will see them. Not so much on a mass market cruise line though. Not sure why this is.

Edited by iancal

Why? How is a fresh robe every day a burden on the cabin steward? It is no different than requesting extra ice, or leaving a breakfast tray to be removed. It's a reasonable request.

Somehow, asking for a fresh robe daily seems a bit "over the top" to me. And washing and drying a heavy terry robe is not exactly environmentally friendly. We re-use our towels for two or three days. So it would never occur to me to ask for a new robe on a daily basis.

Why? How is a fresh robe every day a burden on the cabin steward? It is no different than requesting extra ice, or leaving a breakfast tray to be removed. It's a reasonable request.

Really? A fresh robe every day? That like special requests to me warrants an extra tip to the steward and laundry ;)

As I said,each to their own. I don't wash my bathrobe every day and I don't expect it onboard.

So, if you are going to cause extra work, please keep that in mind when it comes time to show appreciation.

I must be low maintenance as I would never dream of asking to have my robe washed daily because I was too lazy to throw a top or other cover up on. It's not that hard to do.

As I said earlier, each to their own.

WOW! This topic is almost approaching the level of Gala Night wardrobe wars. I do prefer a beach coverup. However, if I get wet, especially, if weather is cool, i like to remove my wet suit{ in private} for trip to cabin. My coverups are not shear you might be able to tell that no halter or bra. Then a robe would be better. Do you gals ever remove your wet suits?

Do you gals ever remove your wet suits?

I don't. I do towel off thoroughly, including squeezing excess water out of my swimsuit, and blotting it.

Then I toss my cover-up on, and return to the cabin to shower and dress.

It really isn't hard to find a cover-up that is modest, somewhat absorbent, and attractive.

WOW! This topic is almost approaching the level of Gala Night wardrobe wars. I do prefer a beach coverup. However, if I get wet, especially, if weather is cool, i like to remove my wet suit{ in private} for trip to cabin. My coverups are not shear you might be able to tell that no halter or bra. Then a robe would be better. Do you gals ever remove your wet suits?

If I know I want to get rid of the bathing suit, then I just pack the necessities in my bag and change after. I usually only do that in the spa (robes are also supplied there ;) ) since I can shower as well and put on fresh clothes.

Not really all that hard to do ;)

WOW! This topic is almost approaching the level of Gala Night wardrobe wars.

Hadn't realized I'd be starting such a war. Ah well. To each their own.

Of course, I wouldn't have asked the question if I had an obvious answer, and it appears there really isn't one answer!

Hadn't realized I'd be starting such a war. Ah well. To each their own.

Of course, I wouldn't have asked the question if I had an obvious answer, and it appears there really isn't one answer!

Do what you are comfortable with. We don't use the pools or hot tubs but we see plenty of people in both choices -- wearing robes or wearing something else.

Somehow, asking for a fresh robe daily seems a bit "over the top" to me. And washing and drying a heavy terry robe is not exactly environmentally friendly. We re-use our towels for two or three days. So it would never occur to me to ask for a new robe on a daily basis.

I don't know why you quoted me, I was not the one who suggested needing a fresh robe every day.

Really? A fresh robe every day? That like special requests to me warrants an extra tip to the steward and laundry ;)

As I said,each to their own. I don't wash my bathrobe every day and I don't expect it onboard.

So, if you are going to cause extra work, please keep that in mind when it comes time to show appreciation.

I must be low maintenance as I would never dream of asking to have my robe washed daily because I was too lazy to throw a top or other cover up on. It's not that hard to do.

As I said earlier, each to their own.

You have a very different definition of low maintenance. My opinion is that a little chlorine in a robe does not require a fresh robe. And you were the one who suggested that you would NEED a fresh robe every day. :rolleyes:

It's been interesting to read some of the comments :mad: I won't make the mistake of commenting further. I feel badly for the person who asked the innocent question.