First experience with RCCL IT blunder

Kinny

I've already read about how inapt their IT department is, and today I've actually experienced it. It's incredibly frustrating! :mad:

So I tried to log into My Cruises account today, but it would not take my password. Yes, I had the right password as I've put in hundreds of times. A quick call to their tech support and the tech told me that IT did some upgrades last weekend and they probably lost my account in the database during the upgrade and told me to create a new one.

Dumbfounded (I don't think there are any IT department out there that rolls out updates without testing or losing client information), I tried to create a new account, but was told I needed to pick a new username. The problem with that is there is no field on the website for me to input a new username. A second call to their IT, and he was able to retrieve my account info and sent me a link to reset password (I've done this 4 times before I called and each time it told me it doesn't recognize my password or account.) I was able to reset my password and then it asked me to put in a new username. I asked the tech to see if I could use the same username and he said that I must pick a new one in (account must be an email address). I've done what was told and just for grins, I logged off and logged back on to see if that fixed my issue, but I am once unable to log in using my new username and password. Arrrrrrgh! After putting on hold for like 10 minutes, the tech came back and told me they are updating their database and told me to call back in 48 hours to get this corrected. Now I see light! :(

I actually ran into a guy who works in the IT department at RCCL at a friends party last Saturday down here in Ft Lauderdale. I had to ask him what the hell was going on over there? I told him about the constant report of issues... He was honestly totally baffled! He said "really, people are actually complaining on the blogs about US? I will have to check on that?" Uh huh! Yea right! I'm sure you'll get right on that (eye roll)!

I've already read about how inapt their IT department is, and today I've actually experienced it. It's incredibly frustrating! :mad:

So I tried to log into My Cruises account today, but it would not take my password. Yes, I had the right password as I've put in hundreds of times. A quick call to their tech support and the tech told me that IT did some upgrades last weekend and they probably lost my account in the database during the upgrade and told me to create a new one.

Dumbfounded (I don't think there are any IT department out there that rolls out updates without testing or losing client information), I tried to create a new account, but was told I needed to pick a new username. The problem with that is there is no field on the website for me to input a new username. A second call to their IT, and he was able to retrieve my account info and sent me a link to reset password (I've done this 4 times before I called and each time it told me it doesn't recognize my password or account.) I was able to reset my password and then it asked me to put in a new username. I asked the tech to see if I could use the same username and he said that I must pick a new one in (account must be an email address). I've done what was told and just for grins, I logged off and logged back on to see if that fixed my issue, but I am once unable to log in using my new username and password. Arrrrrrgh! After putting on hold for like 10 minutes, the tech came back and told me they are updating their database and told me to call back in 48 hours to get this corrected. Now I see light! :(

Now I don't feel so bad that my company spent over $135K for its website and we still have issues. RCCL changed the order of the ports for our upcoming Dec 11-18 cruise on Allure and since then the shore excursions have been totally wrong listing the wrong excursion for the wrong port on the wrong day. It changes almost daily...but still wrong! And I bet RCCL spent a lot more than $135K

I checked here just to see if there had been new IT issues,because today I'm trying to pay off my cruise, and I can't find the *make a payment* button on my cruises page. I know it should exist, I paid some about 10 days ago, I almost always pay online, but today I just can't seeven it lol. I even went to a desktop computer in case it was a mobile site thing since I was using my tablet.

So, anyone else had this issue lately? :rolleyes:

Oh good luck with your account! I hope they can fix it.

I have a problem with my profile address. Moved from temporary apartment to new house, updated my profile. The field appears to take spaces or null, but later the old apartment shows up again. A month, 6 or so calls to RCCL later, and it still repicates and prefills apartment number into address line 2 each night. Tried tech website support once, and tech told me he didn't have access to change addresses, to call C&A. So far, no one at C&A has figured it out. One got the phrase "no apartment" to stay on address line 2 for several days (better than nothng!), but the old apartment number has replaced it again.

I have no idea who to talk to next. Any ideas?

I checked here just to see if there had been new IT issues,because today I'm trying to pay off my cruise, and I can't find the *make a payment* button on my cruises page. I know it should exist, I paid some about 10 days ago, I almost always pay online, but today I just can't seeven it lol. I even went to a desktop computer in case it was a mobile site thing since I was using my tablet.

So, anyone else had this issue lately? :rolleyes:

Do you have a 'payments' tab at the top? If so, go into that and you should be able to pay in there

Oh good luck with your account! I hope they can fix it.

I have a problem with my profile address. Moved from temporary apartment to new house, updated my profile. The field appears to take spaces or null, but later the old apartment shows up again. A month, 6 or so calls to RCCL later, and it still repicates and prefills apartment number into address line 2 each night. Tried tech website support once, and tech told me he didn't have access to change addresses, to call C&A. So far, no one at C&A has figured it out. One got the phrase "no apartment" to stay on address line 2 for several days (better than nothng!), but the old apartment number has replaced it again.

I have no idea who to talk to next. Any ideas?

Mine does the same. The country updates to "Manchester" every night. I change it to "Isle of Man". It defaults back to "Manchester". I've never lived in Manchester and I have no idea where it's getting it from!

I've been on to C&A four times. They say they've changed it back. I check the following day and it says "Manchester".

Absolutely ridiculous they can't sort it, it's so basic.

Well, went back to see if I could find a payment tab I had missed, and got the error message. OOPS! Looks like Royal Caribbean. Com (website not listed properly so I don't get in trouble here) is on vacation! Please call us to book your vacation...

So I guess I'll have to call and try to talk to a human. :D

Well, went back to see if I could find a payment tab I had missed, and got the error message. OOPS! Looks like Royal Caribbean. Com (website not listed properly so I don't get in trouble here) is on vacation! Please call us to book your vacation...

Try clearing your cache and cookies. That has fixed the "on vacation" message for me several times.

Try clearing your cache and cookies. That has fixed the "on vacation" message for me several times.

Well, that didn't work, but it does appear to just be a mobile device issue. When I used a desktop I could sign in. But there is still no payment tab, just overview, messages, cruise planner, cruise documents, cruise details, and tips and reminders tabs. My messages included the fact my payment is due soon lol. :p

You might try a different browser. I got the exact same msg recently using Firefox, but when I switched to Safari it finally worked.

Fwiw, I cannot log into Crown and Anchor any longer; it suddenly says my first name does not match what they have on file. Hmm. I have not made ANY changes to my C&A account, which I've had for years. Reported it, and was told they couldn't fix it unless I called in. Some day when I have a few hours to spare I will do that. :rolleyes:

Mine does the same. The country updates to "Manchester" every night. I change it to "Isle of Man". It defaults back to "Manchester". I've never lived in Manchester and I have no idea where it's getting it from!

I've been on to C&A four times. They say they've changed it back. I check the following day and it says "Manchester"....

Oh, I sympathize with you! That is a worse address problem, considering it is filling in a place where you have never lived.

You have me curious about "Isle of Man" now. I'm going to have to read up on it, and put it on my "want to visit" list! Sounds wonderful.

Good luck with your address! I tried C&A once more today and they are trying to escalate mine with a resolution ticket. I'll update if it works!

Oh, I sympathize with you! That is a worse address problem, considering it is filling in a place where you have never lived.

You have me curious about "Isle of Man" now. I'm going to have to read up on it, and put it on my "want to visit" list! Sounds wonderful.

Good luck with your address! I tried C&A once more today and they are trying to escalate mine with a resolution ticket. I'll update if it works!

It's a lovely little Island in the middle of the Irish Sea (between the UK Mainland and Ireland). We are not officially part of the UK, but we are part of the 'British Isles'. Only has about 80,000 people that live on it in total.

Lots of history and culture here :)

One thing we have found is that RCCL will not let you login from certain IP addresses. We use VPNs whenever we login to anything important. On both phones and PCs. With Private Internet Access VPN, RCCL blocks the Florida VPN address and we get the same issue. Change to another server or disconnect it and it works fine. Same with some banks.The issue happens whether using Wi-Fi or cabled connections. Windows or Linux.

If you use it while at sea, it takes longer but you get the same issue.

Food for thought.

It's a lovely little Island in the middle of the Irish Sea (between the UK Mainland and Ireland). We are not officially part of the UK, but we are part of the 'British Isles'. Only has about 80,000 people that live on it in total.

Lots of history and culture here :)

So you are an independent country?