Pre cruise dining reservations

Occy

I have a question re. making speciality restaurant reservation, on line, prior to your cruise. Do you have to pay for them in advance with a credit card or do they put it on your on board credit card that you registered with them.

I can't remember being charged for on line dining reservations on Oceania or Princess before we actually even boarded the ship.

Thx. For setting me right.

On Holland America you pay with a credit card when you make the reservation. If you book it on board the fee is added to your onboard account.

Thx Daisyloo, mich appreciated.

I would had preferred to reserve specialty restaurants once on board but really wanted 6:00/6:30 dinner times so got it all out of the way. Just plain cannot stand the idea of standing in a long line on the 1st boarding day fighting for reservations......done and and done!!! ;)

Specialty restaurants are free on Oceania. Hence no credit card fee.

Nothing is "free" on a cruise ship. It is paid for in the price as are the (mostly over rated) specialty restaurants on O.

Sorry I am missing your point except that you are not a fan of Oceania. Which is fine.

Simply that nothing is "free". It is paid for in the price of the cruise itself.

Cost to sail HAL versus a standard O cruise (or any cruise where specialty dining and/or drinks are included) is going to be lower than those that have "free" specialty dining or "free" drinks. You pay for it in your fare.

Edited by kazu

Nothing is "free" on a cruise ship. It is paid for in the price as are the (mostly over rated) specialty restaurants on O.

Your opinion has been noted but this is not the question that I asked.

You did, however note that you didn't need to present a credit card when making a pre-cruise reservation on O. Not surprising if there is no upcharge...

I was simply responding to a post on this thread. Why didn't you aim this comment at the person that said things were "free" on O (which has nothing to do with HAL) to whom I responded.

You did, however note that you didn't need to present a credit card when making a pre-cruise reservation on O. Not surprising if there is no upcharge...

Dak - it was John (memory is short) that made the post that I responded to. The quote is by the OP.

Edited by kazu