Epic Entertainment

jackhall226

We're cruising on the Epic on 11/12. When I log into the NCL website the only evening theater shows available for reservations are the "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" and "Burn the Floor". My question is are there other shows during the cruise such as comedians, magicians, and other misc acts in the theater?

Thanks,

Jack

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're cruising on the Epic on 11/12. When I log into the NCL website the only evening theater shows available for reservations are the "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" and "Burn the Floor". My question is are there other shows during the cruise such as comedians, magicians, and other misc acts in the theater?

Thanks,

Jack

Yes, there is other entertainment that doesn't need to be booked. The only shows you'll see on your My NCL are the ones that can be booked ahead.

• 4 weeks later...
we've sailed NCL before and never had to reserve for a show. Is this something new with the bigger ships? the EPIC is the first "bigger" ship that we will be going on

Yes. the epic has two Broadway shows that play on two nights each (total of 4 shows per show). There are over 4000 passengers and a 800 seat theater. To allow people to see the two main shows without crowding, they take reservations. Same is true of Breakaway, Getaway, and Eacape.

Edited by BirdTravels

We are sailing on the Epic on Oct. 30th. The only thing showing for shows is "Burn the Floor" on Oct. 31st. There is nothing else showing. I expect to see something soon - just now sure when.

I'm sailing December 3rd, and the only option I have is Cirque Dream. I'm checking every day for Priscilla.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Epic on Oct. 30th. The only thing showing for shows is "Burn the Floor" on Oct. 31st. There is nothing else showing. I expect to see something soon - just now sure when.

Show reservations opened 100 days before cruise date. Lack of a show on MyNCL means that the other shows are sold out. There are over 4000 passengers on the ship and a 800 seat theater.

As soon as you embark, try using the touch screen kiosks in all public areas to book a show. If it is sold out, you will have to wait in the standby line. If the show is sold out, standby guests are allowed in 10 minutes before show time to take any open seats.

Yes. the epic has two Broadway shows that play on two nights each (total of 4 shows per show). There are over 4000 passengers and a 800 seat theater. To allow people to see the two main shows without crowding, they take reservations. Same is true of Breakaway, Getaway, and Eacape.

do you reserve a specific seat..like the movie theaters do now..or just a seat?

I've been told by multiple sources that NCL only puts 65-70% of its available seats online for dining, entertainment, excursions for pre-booking. The rest is kept available for making reservations once onboard. So, if this is correct, you should be fine. But I always book online in advance just to feel safe that I have booked what I want, when I want. Happy travels!

I've been told by multiple sources that NCL only puts 65-70% of its available seats online for dining, entertainment, excursions for pre-booking. The rest is kept available for making reservations once onboard.

The figure you mentioned applies at least to restaurants, but definitely not to excursions.

For example the cabanas at GSC can sell out on popular cruises up to several months before the cruise (that is even before the entertainment and restaurant reservations open online).

Edited by Demonyte

Thrilled is correct .. Even if your seeing nothing on My Cruise now when you get on board if you go to your tv screen all the remaining spots are there to be booked. (Im not sure if Demontye has crossed posted - this has nothing to do with excursions or posh)

TBH I never saw the theaters full on the last three EPIC trips and everyone who just turned up on standby got in. The only places you really need to get in early are the Cavern for the Beatles (Cavern is always just open - no pre book) and on odd nights they use the "Howling at the moon venue" for other shows as a bookable venue which is tight for capacity.

Edited by ighten

We booked Precilla and Burn the Floor in advance along with the dinner circus show which was magnificent and well worth the cost.

Free entertainment is everywhere, piano players, guitarists, singers at most bars.... Best for us was Siglo at the Cavern Club most evenings quite late, great soft rock if you like a bit of pink floyd, queen, ELO, that sort of thing... Really loved them. They also had a good Beatles tribute act at The Cavern Club. No booking required, it's essentially a bar. Same with Howl to the Moon.

You can book the main shows in advance or onboard, they hold your seat for 10mins then let them go so if you just show up you can often get in too.

It does change based on the individual performers skill sets.

Having seen this show on the epic 5 times i have always enjoyed it.

Even though the acts are similar from year to year and the costumes

Seem the same the dialog was changed or removed.

These artists perform amazing acts on a moving ship and the shows have always changed enough for me.

On a side note so have the prices the first time I saw this in oct.2010 it was only $10 for Reg.seats(which included the balcony)$15 for premium seats.

It has gone up in price every year with more of the seats costing premium price.my next cruise in nov.this costs $35.39 or $47.19 for premium seats.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on that cruise too. There is Pricilla Queen of the Desert too. Those are the ones you make reservations for. There are others that don't need to be booked.

We are on that cruise too. There is Pricilla Queen of the Desert too. Those are the ones you make reservations for. There are others that don't need to be booked.
Those two shows can be booked online ahead of the cruise (along with Cirque Dreams & Dinner). There will be other shows that can be booked once you're on board (comedian, Motown, etc.) And finally, there are shows and other entertainment options that cannot be booked (Howl at the Moon, Beatles, etc.)

None of the shows need to be booked, if you are happy to take your chances and go standby.

I was on the Epic, starting in Rome in September. The "Men of Motown" performed 3 shows that were fabulous. They were twice in Headliners and once in the Epic Theater. Reservations were needed for the Headliners shows, but standbys were allowed in ten minutes before the show. These reservations couldn't be made until on the ship. In Barcelona, the group changed to another Motown group that was equally as good, and I got to see them once in Headliners. I highly recommend these shows if you love Motown, as I do.

I was on the Epic, starting in Rome in September. The "Men of Motown" performed 3 shows that were fabulous. They were twice in Headliners and once in the Epic Theater. Reservations were needed for the Headliners shows, but standbys were allowed in ten minutes before the show. These reservations couldn't be made until on the ship. In Barcelona, the group changed to another Motown group that was equally as good, and I got to see them once in Headliners. I highly recommend these shows if you love Motown, as I do.

I will make sure I get to see them. Being in the Haven, I am sure I will get to that opportunity. lol. Thanks

It does change based on the individual performers skill sets.

Having seen this show on the epic 5 times i have always enjoyed it.

Even though the acts are similar from year to year and the costumes

Seem the same the dialog was changed or removed.

These artists perform amazing acts on a moving ship and the shows have always changed enough for me.

On a side note so have the prices the first time I saw this in oct.2010 it was only $10 for Reg.seats(which included the balcony)$15 for premium seats.

It has gone up in price every year with more of the seats costing premium price.my next cruise in nov.this costs $35.39 or $47.19 for premium seats.

I'm debating about signing up for Cirque. I've seen it in Vegas, so not sure how I'll feel about a smaller version but since you've done this multiple times, you may have convinced me. Can you expand upon the differences between the $35 and $47 dollar seats? I would want to sit in an area where I would NOT be part of the show :).

I'm debating about signing up for Cirque. I've seen it in Vegas, so not sure how I'll feel about a smaller version.
When people talk about seeing "Cirque" in Vegas, they are usually referring to Cirque du Soleil, which is completely unrelated to Cirque Dreams. The show on the Epic is not a smaller version of Cirque du Soleil, it's a different kind of production altogether. You can look up videos from the show on the Epic (go to YouTube and search for Epic and Cirque) to see what it's all about.

I'm debating about signing up for Cirque. I've seen it in Vegas, so not sure how I'll feel about a smaller version but since you've done this multiple times, you may have convinced me. Can you expand upon the differences between the $35 and $47 dollar seats? I would want to sit in an area where I would NOT be part of the show :).

You can sit floor level (which we love....and the performers will come around and include some of the floor level guests in the show (my middle schooler loves this). You can sit in the balcony level...which I would actually love to try. You will never be included in the show here but you will get a birds eye view of everything from above and admission is less expensive. I think for this show, it would be a great perspective (but I have not experienced it myself). You will see everything from there and it is certainly not far away. But although this show is entertaining, please do not expect anything near a Cirque de Soleil type of show. This is on a much smaller scale that the Cirque shows that I have seen in LV and NYC...but very good for a cruise ship!