MDR lunch on embarkation day on Grand Princess

Loreni

Does anyone know if we can have MDR lunch on embarkation day on the Grand? DH has Celiac disease, so Alfredo's is out since they need one day's notice for GF pizza. Eating at the buffet risks cross-contamination and we hate to ask for help selecting food when HC is SO busy.

Does anyone know if we can have MDR lunch on embarkation day on the Grand? DH has Celiac disease, so Alfredo's is out since they need one day's notice for GF pizza. Eating at the buffet risks cross-contamination and we hate to ask for help selecting food when HC is SO busy.

If you are on board before 1:30 (?) you can eat in the MDR. I'm assuming it will be open. The staff there is very good with food allergies and the like. It would be your best bet. I think they have some GF things always available at the IC.

If you are on board before 1:30 (?) you can eat in the MDR. I'm assuming it will be open. The staff there is very good with food allergies and the like. It would be your best bet. I think they have some GF things always available at the IC.

Good point about IC.

I, too, am Celiac and often opt for a bunless hot dog at the grill. So far I've never had a problem. I look forward to hearing from others as we will be boarding the Grand in November. Have a great cruise.

Shredie makes a good point about IC. I remember the Pavlova was good and something I would never make at home. Also, once a week they have something called gf fruitcake...it is actually pound cake with some candied fruit or citron...very good.

However, when I ask if the salads are GF, nobody knows. Are they? For example the watermelon and feta and the mesclun greens certainly should be.

Edited by Loreni

Yes one of the DR's is open for lunch from Noon-1:30pm.

A quiet enjoyable way to start your cruise on embarkation day.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Yes one of the DR's is open for lunch from Noon-1:30pm.

A quiet enjoyable way to start your cruise on embarkation day.

Check the last page of the Patter when you drop off your carry-on. There's a list of all open restaurants. Don't ask the crew which dining room is open, they'll direct you to the Buffet.

I agree. There are options.

I, too, am celiac and have sailed on the lovely Grand Princess twice in the past year. We ate at Alfredo's frequently and they do not require 24-hour notice for GF pizza anymore, so you can easily go there for lunch on embarkation day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app