Changes in the last two years?

crush on cruises

We've had an old sick dog so our last cruise was a long two years ago. What changes will we see? We're on the Pacific Princess from London to Rome in about 20 days.:D

The tasty Norman Love chocolate desserts were so successful during their 50th anniversary last year that they're still available this year. :)

There is a happy hour promotion held in one of the bars twice daily (3:00-4:00 and either 10:00-11:00 or 11:00-midnight)...buy one, get one for $1 for the exact same drink.

Celebrity chef Curtis Stone has added some MDR items which apparently haven't been well received. Initially the 'always available' items were his items as were some of his entrées. However I've read posts saying they might be phasing them out which was my experience.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm so sorry that I didn't think so.

Tony

Agree, the food's gone downhill but I lay the blame at the Curtis Stone menu and the influence he has been allowed to have on the MDR menus as a whole. It has not been good for Princess.

Edited by wishfulone
Spelling, always the spelling

The Curtis Stone specialty restaurant and Curtis Stone offerings in the MDR. I'm not impressed with the food, I'm hoping for the best on our upcoming cruise. Happy Hour is now buy 1 get the same drink for $1. Use to be buy one get one free. I can't think of anything else that has really affected us in cut backs. Soap and shampoo are in the shower in liquid dispensers.

I agree with phonejock. We noticed less waitstaff in Anytime dining because they had more tables to serve. Some Waitstaff could handle the extra load others couldn't. It made for longer dining time and having to ask for things. It had been 2 yrs between cruises. Our next is on the Grand in Sept. It wasn't awful but sometimes not as enjoyable.

I think the food is not as good. Now don't get me wrong it's not bad but it's not as good as it once was.

Tony

I totally agree. IMHO food quality has declined in the past couple of years.

Edited by 2pbears

Menu items are repeated within a few days of the previous offering. We used to not see items repeated. For example, those scallops swimming in gravy, sauce came around three times on our last cruise. But there were other repeats as well. I really liked the "anytime selections" prior to Stone's menus. Last four or five cruises, the items that I really enjoyed weren't there.

The Chocolate Journey selections aren't my favorite. They are pretty and artfully displayed, but they taste like ----how I imagine plastic tastes. My favorite deserts are the apple strudel, the soufflé that they press into and fill with a warm vanilla sauce, and the little petite fours with ice cream.