Celebrity Cruise Insurance

FunForUs

Looking at buying our cruise insurance from Celebrity & want to know how the cancel for any reason works. It says that you can get 75% of your cruise cost applied to another Celebrity cruise within one year. One question I have is can that 75% be applied to an existing cruise? Any other information will be helpful. Thanks

There are much better options out there, for a better price. Plus you get all your money back. Not refunded to another cruise. Just Google trip insurance. Make sure you read everything. You want the cancel for any reason,on the policy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

And furthermore, if Medical insurance is an important issue.....the levels offered by Celebrity (and most other cruise lines) are woefully inadequate. Rather then just take what a cruise line offers in their insurance package, it often pays to shop around for a policy that best fits your individual wants and circumstances.

Hank

Methinks you may want to go to the insurance board here on CC to further explore options and potential issues using cruise line insurance...

You can also do a quick search there for other questions you may have too..

bon voyage

One other point to consider . . . bankruptcy coverage.

If the carrier goes bankrupt (I know, not likely in this case) how could their insurance pay off?

Independent insurance coverage avoids that possibility.

To answer the OP's question I would think you could apply the FCC to an existing booking as long as you hadn't made final payment yet.

I haven't looked real hard but haven't found a policy which does 100% cancel for any reason policy. I used Travel Insured International and theirs is 75% as well. You are right, with my policy I will get the 75% refunded. It is quite a bit more expensive than the Celebrity policy but as others have said the medical and evacuation coverage is much better but the big thing is the pre-existing conditions waiver. You can't get that with the Celebrity policy.

We generally purchase the Celebrity trip insurance, and it did pay off when I had to cancel due to family illness.

However, it was not cancel for any reason coverage. We have purchase that insurance on our trips to China and Russia and it is more expensive.