Celebrity sightings ?

southbayer

I sailed on the Dream in Feb of 2010 and Michael Winslow was on board (think Police Academy noises). I got to be in the Legends show with him. It was cool to hang out a bit for rehearsal with him. He was James Brown and I was Aretha. He was a riot.

Was wondering if anyone ever spotted any celebrity's on board ? Or should I not ask this question for their privacy ?

Just curious that's all...

We met Jerry VanDyke on the Glory. He played the assistant coach on the old series Coach. His mannerisms in real life were the same as on the screen. I even got my picture taken with him. He was very cordial. On another cruise we saw Richard Simmons. He was on with a large group of Sweating with the Oldies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy Fieri, Mr. "Greaseburger"?

Read about him here:

http://www.looper.com/15287/shady-side-guy-fieri/

You don't want to believe it? Fine.

I believe it. Never had one of his burgers and frankly, I can't stand watching him eat. The Guy has no manners. Not surprised about cockroaches in his restaurant. Clint Eastwood owned a restaurant in Carmel, CA called Hog's Breath. His got closed down too by the Health Department. We ate there once - burger was okay. If the owner isn't on site, anything can happen.

I believe it. Never had one of his burgers and frankly, I can't stand watching him eat. The Guy has no manners. Not surprised about cockroaches in his restaurant. Clint Eastwood owned a restaurant in Carmel, CA called Hog's Breath. His got closed down too by the Health Department. We ate there once - burger was okay. If the owner isn't on site, anything can happen.

Remind me to dine elsewhere

Originally Posted by tallnthensome View Post

I agree, it's like looking all over at all the McDonalds looking for a celebrity.

Or WalMart.

Or WalMart.

Very original:confused:

Carnival, NCL and Royal Caribbean all cater to the middle class just like Walmart. Most people in the U.S. are middle class. Smart business moves by all 3 brands. Obviously the upper income, such as celebrities, are going to sail with the upper brands. Us middle class will have to stick with Walmarts and Targets.

My wife and I were on the cruise in December 15 and saw Murray Sawchuck as well. He was friends with the magician performing on the boat. I saw him in the dining room the first night and asked if he was performing. He said no but was just cruising with family. We got a quick picture with him in Cozumel before we got back on the ship. I doubt 95%+ of the people on board would know who he was though. But he is hard to miss if you do.

That was the one after mine. My wife saw him and knew he looked familiar, but we couldn't place him. So I asked him and he told me who he was.

How true.

I once met the great actor George Kennedy, and Kris Kristofferson on different cruises. Also walked past Liza Minnelli and friend in a hallway.

Of course, those were on Cunard. :cool:

I saw Liza through a whole play in London when I was 26..she was in the seat in front of me and then during the break you could here her in the special box for celebs behind me...small theater. Small world..LOL. They were on the way back to the Ritz in one fancy car afterwords. I heard the plan...lol.

My Chiropractor in Oregon makes a TON and he chose Carnival for his family cruise with kids to Mexico once..lol..an Non celebrity..except for Portland level..

Thanks for backing up my next possible cruise.

Fun thread..we are all famous here for our choices...:).

Edited by sjn911

I was on my honeymoon when Samantha Brown was on board the Carnival Freedom to film an hour long special. We met her following the Love and Marriage show that she co-hosted and then I found my way into four or five scenes in the final product.

That is fun. I love her. My sister says she is just too perky...lol. I even got that cd!! Probably a collector.

We ran into Macho Man Randy Savage - Hubby looked at him and was like I know you from somewhere and then he realized where from introduced ourselves got a picture - Next day saw him again and realized we should have gotten an autograph for James mom because she used to love him from the wrestling days - He was really cool about it even pulled a buck out of his pocket and signed it special for her

Did a 4-day on the Destiny in January 2011 with DW and DS and saw Kelly Bruno on board. She was a contestant on Survivor 21.

http://www.med.unc.edu/www/newsarchive/2010/november/a-real-survivor-kelly-bruno

Didnt want to bother her since it was her vacation too, but then she was in line in front of us at the port info desk at Cozumel and we met her and got a pic!

s!AsO9Ix5h8S6OhaoUg5rulLocJeXe8A

She was really very pleasant and friendly - not sure if a Reality Show contestant counts as an actual "celebrity" though..... LOL

I ran into the great Ronnie Coleman on my first cruise ever. He was on his honeymoon. He's an 8 time Mr Olympia world champion, one more than Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I've also seen Martina McBride while on the Magic but I'm not sure it counts since she was doing a concert on the Freedom at the time.

I sailed on the Dream in Feb of 2010 and Michael Winslow was on board (think Police Academy noises). I got to be in the Legends show with him. It was cool to hang out a bit for rehearsal with him. He was James Brown and I was Aretha. He was a riot.

He's a really nice guy, very down-to-earth. I was at a convention in Atlanta* chatting with an author at an autographing** and we happened to be positioned behind Michael W.'s autograph table. Apparently he didn't have anyone waiting so he peeked behind the backdrop and started regaling us with a free (and awesome) sound-effects show. It was the sort of thing people would pay good money for. :)

Then he came over, shook hands with us and then scampered back to his table to do more signings. It kinda made our entire day. :D

-----

* DragonCon, our annual 70,000-person soiree

** SF writer David Weber

I was on the cruise when they were filming the Chipwrecked movie, so I met Alvin and the guy that plays Dave. Also got to be an extra in the movie. Not sure if it counts though cause they wouldn't have been on the ship if they weren't filming.

That's so cool! I love that movie and wondered if that was a regular sailing during filming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He's a really nice guy, very down-to-earth. I was at a convention in Atlanta* chatting with an author at an autographing** and we happened to be positioned behind Michael W.'s autograph table. Apparently he didn't have anyone waiting so he peeked behind the backdrop and started regaling us with a free (and awesome) sound-effects show. It was the sort of thing people would pay good money for. :)

Then he came over, shook hands with us and then scampered back to his table to do more signings. It kinda made our entire day. :D

-----

* DragonCon, our annual 70,000-person soiree

** SF writer David Weber

Obviously no one was paying good money for it because no one was in his line to even meet him. Still a cool story.

I went to ATL once for a trip with some friends and we showed up at Downtown Marriott. All these people walking around with costumes on and we thought there was like American Idol auditions or something. We go check in and it was even crazier. We accidentally walked in on the cast of Star Trek doing a Q&A Panel. My one take away was the people who attend those cons can PARTY! The night time parties were awesome and everyone was very friendly.