Excursion cancelation policies

rae.holmes

Looking at the weather in Cozumel for our September cruise. Looks like it's going to rain most of the day, and we booked passion island. What's carnivals policy on canceling excursions? Can we wait till day of, to see what the weather will actually be like?

Can I cancel or add to my shore tour order?

Online: Orders must be cancelled online and no cancellation charges will be assessed if done prior to the pre-sail cut-off time (11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure). Any cancellations done afterwards must be handled on board. In the event of pre-sailing, online cancellations, a full refund will automatically be posted to the form of payment used to secure the order. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to reflect on your account.

Onboard: After the pre-sails cut off time, cancellations must be handled on board and cancellation charges are as follows:

25% charge once onboard

100% charge if cancellation within 24 hours of arrival in port

Refunds less cancellation charges will be applied in the form of a credit to the guest's Sail & Sign account.

Sail & Sign credit balances will be paid to the guest in the form of a Carnival check at the end of the voyage.

What is the cancellation and refund policy for shore excursions in the event of bad weather or unexpected circumstances?

Certain excursions have minimum guest participation requirements and shore excursions may be cancelled or modified depending on the number of guests participating. In the event of cancellation or modification of a tour, best efforts will be made to provide advance notice. Shore excursions may be cancelled by Carnival or the Tour Operator due to inclement weather conditions, or any other reason whatsoever. Full refunds will be made to guests who purchased excursions which get cancelled. If the shore excursions are cancelled prior to the sailing, you will receive a refund directly to the form of payment used to pay for the shore excursion order. If the shore excursions are cancelled while onboard, the amount of the refund will be credited to your shipboard account.

Edited by Schoifmom

Don't like the weather in the Caribbean, wait 15 minutes and it will change. I completely understand your not wanting a rainy beach day but the weather forecast is not reliable that far out. Hopefully, if it rains a lot, Carnival may cancel the excursion but not always. Unfortunately, there is a penalty if you cancel a prebooked excursion after you board the ship.

I didn't do this to try to get over on anybody or to get around the policy. My wife woke up not feeling well.

Knowing the policy, I went down to the excursion desk the morning of and offered our excursion tickets to any crew members who might be free to go so the tickets wouldn't be wasted.

The young person working at the excursion desk smiled, said thank you, and proceeded to refund my account.

Edited by klfrodo

My DD went on RCCL and they boarded on Saturday. Sunday they stopped at Nassau and it was raining. They lost their entire cost of the excursion all 4 of them. They could have cancelled on Thursday night, but like what was posted above it was only 20% chance of rain. When they got on board the ship they tried to cancel but it was less than 24 hours (8:30 was the excursion time on Monday). So, if you aren't sure...cancel now if you will be upset if it is raining. Get your money back. My DD and friends learned the hard way...$400 down the drain.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

every Caribbean forecast predicts 20% precipitation every day, because it does. Shore excursions are only cancelled in extreme conditions and a little rain is not extreme. Sometimes a little shower is very relieving on a hot Caribbean day