Questions

Aj101710

Hello I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. We are looking into cruising with Norwegian for the first time in December 2017.

1. We have cruised before, but I forgot how early we need to be back to the ship so we will not miss the ship.

2. How do you keep your credit cards/money and room keys safe and orderly while on the beach with no lockers and no one else in your group.

3. What does the abbreviations DW, DH mean?

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read this and or comment back

Hello I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. We are looking into cruising with Norwegian for the first time in December 2017.

1. We have cruised before, but I forgot how early we need to be back to the ship so we will not miss the ship.

2. How do you keep your credit cards/money and room keys safe and orderly while on the beach with no lockers and no one else in your group.

1. You have to be back by the "onboard time" It varies from port to port and cruise line to cruise line what that time is. How much earlier you want to make it is up to your comfort zone. Most people plan on 30 minutes to an hour beforehand.

2. Credit cards, room keys, and even cash can get wet. My husband uses the little pocket in his swim trunks. I use a time-honored female place of concealment. :rolleyes:

3. DW = dear (darling, dumb, ditzy, devoted, you get the idea) wife; DH = same thing husband.

1. You have to be back by the "onboard time" It varies from port to port and cruise line to cruise line what that time is. How much earlier you want to make it is up to your comfort zone. Most people plan on 30 minutes to an hour beforehand.

2. Credit cards, room keys, and even cash can get wet. My husband uses the little pocket in his swim trunks. I use a time-honored female place of concealment. :rolleyes:

3. DW = dear (darling, dumb, ditzy, devoted, you get the idea) wife; DH = same thing husband.

Thanks for responding back to me! It's greatly appreciated! I was thinking in between 1-2 hours to be back at all ports unless posted otherwise. And with the whole DW/H I thought so but since this is the only place where I've seen people do that so wanted to make sure. Thanks again!😃

Most ships require you to be back on board 30 minutes prior the posted port of call departure time. Original departure typically is 90 minutes.

There are plastic snap lock containers on a lanyard available on line that are watertight that you can use to hold your credit cards, room key, etc., while on the beach.

1. We have cruised before, but I forgot how early we need to be back to the ship so we will not miss the ship? ...

All aboard time is usually 30 minutes before departure time to give them time to bring in the gangway, secure the ship, and cast off the moorings.

There will be a sign as you disembark the ship, giving All Aboard time. It will also be listed in the ship's newsletter that you receive the night before so make note of it. The port agent's info will also be in that newsletter. We make note of that as well, in case of emergency.

Deadline to be back onboard will be announced before anyone is let off. It is totally at the discretion of the Captain and might not comply with the cruise itinerary departure time so factor a cushion if booking non-cruiseline excursions. The Captain may decide for reason of tides, current, port traffic or Pilot availability to leave early.

I was watching and listening to the Juneau Harbor Webcam last week and the Captain radioed to the harbor control that he was anticipating everyone onboard by 2100 for a 2130 departure - even though the ship was scheduled to depart at 2200. So all aboard was a full hour before the published departure time.

Another factor is tendering ports where your real deadline is the last tender time. Due to crush of last minute people figure on an earlier tender.

Don't forget other ridiculous mommy blog acronyms like DD (daughter) DS (son), and LO. Don't know why people feel the need to say DS or LO when "son" and "kid" are both only three letters, but there you go.