Name change on Early Saver

croozlady

Does anyone have any experience with a name change in Early Saver? I know it's typically not allowed, but I'm assuming it means actually changing passengers...

My Dh just became a US citizen (yay!), and he changed his legal name at the same time.

So, we have a cruise booked under early saver with the name he was born with and that's on his Portuguese passport. Now he has his new US Passport with his new name, and the form for his legal name change. I'm hoping if we just bring everything it will be fine, but I'd like to hear that it has already worked for someone. That's all newly married people need, right?

I do plan on calling Carnival to verify, but hoping for some support from the boards!

Does anyone have any experience with a name change in Early Saver? I know it's typically not allowed, but I'm assuming it means actually changing passengers...

My Dh just became a US citizen (yay!), and he changed his legal name at the same time.

So, we have a cruise booked under early saver with the name he was born with and that's on his Portuguese passport. Now he has his new US Passport with his new name, and the form for his legal name change. I'm hoping if we just bring everything it will be fine, but I'd like to hear that it has already worked for someone. That's all newly married people need, right?

I do plan on calling Carnival to verify, but hoping for some support from the boards!

Pretty sure a change is a change. Do you have old passport with his old name? Typically newlyweds book under old names. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

Did his first AND last name change?

If not, you can just Carnival and they will change it for you. In case they need proof, you can fax them his old and new ID.

I change names for married and divorced people all the time without any penalties. Remember to have them update his VIFP profile as well.

We have his old passport, his new passport, the name Change paperwork... He changed his last name to be part of his middle name... Like from de le Michaud to just Michaud.

Thanks, MtnDweller, it certainly was a process!

That should not be a problem, but I would get it taken care of well before you arrive at the pier. We had that issue last summer with a friend who got his US citizenship after he booked. When his US Passport arrived his name was slightly different than what was on his Russian passport. His last name is supposed to end in a B, but the US changed it to a V. All it took was a quick phone call to his TA who called Carnival and got it fixed for no charge. They had ES.

Give it a try .

Hey guys, just wanted to follow up.

I tried going into the online check in and putting in my DH info, but I got an error message saying the name doesn't match on the booking.... so I called and told them what was going on and the lady on the phone was super nice and told me to log off the site and she made the change for me and I was able to log back in while she was on the phone with me and everything was updated and great! I also asked her if his VIFP# would change and she said no, and no mention of any fee involved or anything! I am a happy cruiser again!

Thanks for the help! Happy cruising all!

Hey guys, just wanted to follow up.

I tried going into the online check in and putting in my DH info, but I got an error message saying the name doesn't match on the booking.... so I called and told them what was going on and the lady on the phone was super nice and told me to log off the site and she made the change for me and I was able to log back in while she was on the phone with me and everything was updated and great! I also asked her if his VIFP# would change and she said no, and no mention of any fee involved or anything! I am a happy cruiser again!

Thanks for the help! Happy cruising all!

Good for you, def worth that effort! Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I recently changed my name (after I booked my cabin) and all I had to do was call Carnival and they changed it on my confirmation. Didn't ask me for any proof - just told me it has to be the name on my passport. No big deal. Oh and I just did that this past week!

Congrats to your Hubby & you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums