No specialty beer with drink package?

My whole family purchased the drink package, and I noticed the no specialty beer disclaimer. Im curious what specialty beer do they have, I've never seen IPAs or anything on a cruise before, but I know my mom would really enjoy if they did have them. Does anyone have any knowledge about the beer selection?

Sailing on Oasis of the Seas, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kyndal93

As far as IPAs go there isn't much unfortunately. They always have Redhook Long Hammer on the menu, but they've never actually had it aboard when I was on. 312 is widely available, and while only a pale ale, they have Sierra Nevada. On Adventure in February, they also had Dogfish Head 90 minute which was a nice surprise. But they only had one case aboard and it didnt last long. The bartender said they were trying some things out, hoping for more craft selections in the future.

Edited by DeadPhish

As far as IPAs go there isn't much unfortunately. They always have Redhook Long Hammer on the menu, but they've never actually had it aboard when I was on. 312 is widely available, and while only a pale ale, they have Sierra Nevada. On Adventure in February, they also had Dogfish Head 90 minute which was a nice surprise. But they only had one case aboard and it didnt last long. The bartender said they were trying some things out, hoping for more craft selections in the future.

On Liberty last year they had Goose Island IPA , and also the above mentioned Longhammer. I would have loved to have seen the Dogfish.

dp

Funny how I tend to gravitate towards threads that talk about beer. And to top it all off, Bob (clarea) even referenced one of my old posts:D

I feel so validated dance.gif

beer-drinking.gif

dp

On top of that, I just found out yesterday, my job requires me to go to Halifax next week... "Garrison Brewing" here I come :)

Edited by dpostman

Funny how I tend to gravitate towards threads that talk about beer. And to top it all off, Bob (clarea) even referenced one of my old posts:D...

That post is still the best image of the puib menu I've seen.:)

I've had this same problem on the Adventure as well. Something listed on the menu but they don't actually have any on board.

Personally I'm not a hop head and prefer malty beers. Bocks and some Porters. I could have missed it, but I've yet to see them even list a Bock on the menu.

Of course if they had a better beer selection I would purchase the Select package instead of the Premium. Less money for RCL so maybe not as much incentive to provide a good quantity of anything beyond the Bud/Miller/Coors crowd.

No one is sailing Royal strictly for the beer menu. I do like the Long Hammer and I've only seen them run out on Brilliance. Celebrity usually has Dogfish Head 90 just don't drink too many while sitting out on deck. It's a long way back to your cabin no matter how close. :eek::D

Funny how I tend to gravitate towards threads that talk about beer. And to top it all off, Bob (clarea) even referenced one of my old posts:D

I feel so validated dance.gif

beer-drinking.gif

dp

On top of that, I just found out yesterday, my job requires me to go to Halifax next week... "Garrison Brewing" here I come :)

I will drink to that!:cool:

What are the odds... I just arrived in Halifax and when I was crossing over the MacDonald Bridge I could see a ship docked with the North Star up in the air. I Got to my hotel and checked in as fast as I could, dropped off my stuff in my room and walked over as fast as I could to the pier but got there about 20 minutes too late. Damn traffic :mad: I got a picture of the anthem but it was already a ways away.:(

Am sitting here at Garrison Brewing sampling several different brews so I'm feeling a little better. :D

dp

Edited by dpostman

What are the odds... I just arrived in Halifax and when I was crossing over the MacDonald Bridge I could see a ship docked with the North Star up in the air. I Got to my hotel and checked in as fast as I could, dropped off my stuff in my room and walked over as fast as I could to the pier but got there about 20 minutes too late. Damn traffic :mad: I got a picture of the anthem but it was already a ways away.:(

Am sitting here at Garrison Brewing sampling several different brews so I'm feeling a little better. :D

dp

I feel your pain!:rolleyes: