Costa Maya- what a difference a year makes

kaykels

I am currently on FOS and for the 2nd year in a row I booked an eastern cruise on RCCL's and ended up in Cozumel and Costa Maya because I am a hurricane magnet. Do not ever cruise with me!

My 1st time in Costa Maya was about 7 years ago and I remembered being nagged to death by vendors and it was very dirty.

Last year Costa Maya was a lot like a sewer. The seaweed problem in Mexico was particularly severe in CM. We got off of the ship around 10:45 and hundreds of passengers were already getting back on the ship. We went to the beach anyway and the smell took our breath away. The water was like mud and it wasn't pleasant to be there. So we followed suit and went back onto the ship

When the captain announced the itinerary change yesterday we weren't thrilled with the choice of ports, however it's better than St Thomas in the wind and rain. After some quick research on cruise critic we ended up in Blue Kay. I am

THRILLED to report that the 9 million dollars that Mexico has spent cleaning up the seaweed issues was well spent. Blue Kay was ABSOLUTELY BREATH TAKING! It is 5.00 to enter and includes a free bar drink. The facilities are gorgeous. The water was crystal clear, warm and beautiful. The food and drinks and service were outstanding.

I am so glad we ended up here because I would

have otherwise avoided a cruise calling on this port. I don't know how to attach pictures. Wish I did. It was a great day ! What a difference a year makes !

Seaweed is a tidal thing...if the tides are right, the seaweed flows right in....I remember when I was a child, we vacationed at Chesapeake Bay, and the seaweed was so thick, you could almost walk on it. Needless to say, I didn't get in the water! Nasty stuff!

It's like jelly fish...tidal...not dirty or anything else! Mother Nature at work!

I am currently on FOS and for the 2nd year in a row I booked an eastern cruise on RCCL's and ended up in Cozumel and Costa Maya because I am a hurricane magnet. Do not ever cruise with me!

My 1st time in Costa Maya was about 7 years ago and I remembered being nagged to death by vendors and it was very dirty.

Last year Costa Maya was a lot like a sewer. The seaweed problem in Mexico was particularly severe in CM. We got off of the ship around 10:45 and hundreds of passengers were already getting back on the ship. We went to the beach anyway and the smell took our breath away. The water was like mud and it wasn't pleasant to be there. So we followed suit and went back onto the ship

When the captain announced the itinerary change yesterday we weren't thrilled with the choice of ports, however it's better than St Thomas in the wind and rain. After some quick research on cruise critic we ended up in Blue Kay. I am

THRILLED to report that the 9 million dollars that Mexico has spent cleaning up the seaweed issues was well spent. Blue Kay was ABSOLUTELY BREATH TAKING! It is 5.00 to enter and includes a free bar drink. The facilities are gorgeous. The water was crystal clear, warm and beautiful. The food and drinks and service were outstanding.

have otherwise avoided a cruise calling on this port. I don't know how to attach pictures. Wish I did. It was a great day ! What a difference a year makes !

You can open an account at photobucket or another picture-sharing website, then use their codes to post your pictures.

Or you can email me your pictures and I will post them for you. :)

Good to hear -- we have friends on your cruise and I have been watching the storm and the itinerary changes.

Glad you loved it.