Disembarkation day - san juan

Our ship is supposed to return to San Juan at 6am but our flight is not till 4pm. How long can we hang out in the ship till they kick us out?

Also, on the ship itinerary, how long after the ship arrives at a port does it usually take to disembark? I am asking so that we know how to handle excursions and such.

You will be kicked off around 9:30, if memory serves me. We have done ship excursions to fill the time on our last couple of cruises out of San Juan because sitting in an airport all day is not my idea of the best way to end a vacation. We did El Yunque this year and enjoyed it - it is a minimal, abbreviated tour and only as much walking as you want to do. When you back out the cost of a taxi then the cost of this excursion was really reasonable. Alternatively, you could store your luggage at Barrachina restaurant in Old San Juan for the price of a tip and spend the day in Old San Juan. If you are staying pre-cruise some hotels will let you come back and will hold your luggage for the day if you ask them ahead of time.

NOt sure what you like to do. But if you are able look into the segway tours in San Juan.

We did it post cruise several years back. They kept our luggage in their locked office and off on the tour we went. It was awesome.

We are doing a port stop in San Juan in NOvember and wanted to do it again. Unfortunately the segway company now has a contract with Royal. What would cost you $94 pre or post cruise. You must book thru royal while on a port stop. And the cost jumps to $139!! Thats a pretty hefty kick back for Royal.

Since we have already done it, we decided against for the extra price. But if i was still 94 we would probably do again.

Just an option.

NOt sure what you like to do. But if you are able look into the segway tours in San Juan.

We did it post cruise several years back. They kept our luggage in their locked office and off on the tour we went. It was awesome.

We are doing a port stop in San Juan in NOvember and wanted to do it again. Unfortunately the segway company now has a contract with Royal. What would cost you $94 pre or post cruise. You must book thru royal while on a port stop. And the cost jumps to $139!! Thats a pretty hefty kick back for Royal.

Since we have already done it, we decided against for the extra price. But if i was still 94 we would probably do again.

Just an option.

Oh man that sounds really fun but we'll have a toddler with us. I think our best bet is to store our luggage at Barrachina's and just tour old san juan ourselves

Oh man that sounds really fun but we'll have a toddler with us. I think our best bet is to store our luggage at Barrachina's and just tour old san juan ourselves

Use the free HOHO trolley. Just recently did the Adventure the earliest you can be off the ship is approx 7:15am and they want you out of your cabins by at least 8:30am...you may be able to hang around the ship until 9:30am.

Edited by Ashland