Cruise for Mid-30's Professionals - No Kids

I don't know how it works in the US, but we have more days off then just the vaccation time. We have so called "red days", some examples are Midsummers eve, 24 December (our Christmas eve), 1 January, our National day (like your independence day) and a lot more.

When we are sick we don't get paid the first two days, but after that we get paid (I think it's 80% of our normal pay).

If you are a parent you get 390 days off work to be with your child with the same income as if you where sick (the parents get the days and can deside how to split them) and then you get 90 more day with a low income (around 21 U.S $ per day) if you want.

If your child gets sick and you need to stay at home to care for him/her you have the same rules as if you get sick.

I don't know how it works in the US, but we have more days off then just the vaccation time. We have so called "red days", some examples are Midsummers eve, 24 December (our Christmas eve), 1 January, our National day (like your independence day) and a lot more.

When we are sick we don't get paid the first two days, but after that we get paid (I think it's 80% of our normal pay).

If you are a parent you get 390 days off work to be with your child with the same income as if you where sick (the parents get the days and can deside how to split them) and then you get 90 more day with a low income (around 21 U.S $ per day) if you want.

If your child gets sick and you need to stay at home to care for him/her you have the same rules as if you get sick.

We get all of the major holidays off as well. My company gives 10 paid a year... New Years Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day. If any fall over the weekend we gets extra days during the week before or after.

We don't really have a policy about children, but they do make allowances to work from home now and then to take care of an ill family member.

I really can't comment on holiday time for the average UK citizen as I have been in, then worked in education for all of my life.

I get around 13-14 weeks a year (6 in summer, 2 in Easter, 2 in Christmas, 3 weeks of half term holiday and around a week's worth of bank holiday days)

If I move to further education it would go up to 18 weeks but thats a way fof yet.