Cruise for Mid-30's Professionals - No Kids

Windstar have several cruise in the Carib on both the sailing vessels & the triplets

Star Clippers also have several in the Carib

Does Windstar still not vcoer to U.S. ports? YThey wre ailing from Babados a few years ago. We were there with them several times.

The OP definitely sounds like someone who would enjoy The Haven - especially a The Haven Spa Suite on Epic, Getaway, Breakaway or Escape.

Alternatively, I would suggest RCCL Oasis class ships in a Grand Suite now that they have the dedicated restaurant and lounge for suite guests.

All of the above ships offer lots of restaurants, lots of entertainment and plenty to do onboard.

If you want to do less onboard - more just relaxing then go with a more upmarket line.

The more upmarket lines such as Crystal, Regent, etc. are super nice BUT it will be mostly older people and not so much to do.

I also think Windstar is a good idea for the OP. Certainly it would be worth trying for the experience of being on a sailing ship.

Does Windstar still not comerr to U.S. ports? YThey w ailing from Babados a few years ago. We were there with them several tiermes.

They do not visit any US ports. It would be difficult as the two smaller masted ships are not even close to ADA compliant.

You can go after school starts or in the spring before Spring break to avoid the Trycyle Motors.

4/5 of people can't do Math. Yogi Berra

It is almost impossible to figure out when spring break is anymore. You've got so many variables. Private school, home schooling, different districts. Even within the same district elementary schools might have a different time then high school.

I did Celebrity mid 30's and expected to hate it and had the best vacation of my life. I see Windstar recommendations here too, haven't tried it but it's on the list.

Consider Concierge class on Celebrity. Possibly also Yacht Club on MSC.

Also maybe consider a Panama Canal transit if it fits your time frame.

Edited by Cuervosar

That said, we are looking Jan/Feb 2017, Caribbean or similar, and price pretty much doesn't matter.

How about a Galapagos cruise on the Celebrity Xpedition? Ours had a lot of people in their 30s and 40s. It's more active than a Caribbean cruise. The package includes Quito, if you want to, the flight to the islands and back. All excursions are by panga and included in the price, so are table wine and drinks.

The best cruises have been the ones that are over 7 days...

It's really a great vacation. Enjoy and Sail on.

I agree with this sentiment. I have yet to want to leave the ship early. For me, the longer the cruise the better.

To the OP - you can find what you want on just about any ship. Just because you can pay more, doesn't need you have to pay it.

One thing that is on my list that I haven't tried is the Aranui 5 in Tahiti. Not your normal cruise, but is looks amazing to me.

https://www.aranui.com/

Have you checked their website ??

Star Legend have sailing from San Juan

OK, thanks. That makes sense as it has elevators. I never really look at the triplets, just the sailings for the masted ships. Sorry for the confusion.

I am mid 30s professional (though I do have 1 child) and would suggest a Haven suite on NCL. They have good entertainment and activities for people our age, but the Haven is really that -- private restaurant, butler, concierge, private pool and sun deck, etc. You get a smaller, more exclusive ship feel while retaining the amenities of a larger ship for the times you want them. You almost never have to wait in line for anything. It does not feel crowded at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My DH (41) and I (39) have been cruising since our early 30's. We have been on 4 day - 15 day cruises on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. We are Diamond on Royal and plan on going on Celebrity for 14 days then NCL to give them a try this year and early next year. We also go on several land vacations a year (rafting, hiking, camping, the active kind) With all that background in mind. Below is my advice:

The best cruises have been the ones that are over 7 days. We have met wonderful older couples and singles that have thought us about life and how to really enjoy ourselves. And remind us that age does not matter. It's about conversations and experiences.

So yea the age group will be older in the longer trip ships but that is okay. Breakfasts are quieter, dinners become very elegant , the pool is less crowded, the hot tubs are empty after 8pm, and the gym equipment is available without waiting.

It's really a great vacation. Enjoy and Sail on.

We almost only make long cruises, but if they want passangers in their own age a b2b on a ship that does 7nts legs would be better then one 14nts cruise.

We are a just 30 married couple with no kids and we have sailed Royal/Celebrity and Carnival.

We prefer Carnival and Royal who of course attract families and know how to party but its these lines where there are more younger couples on board...tso more chance to meet couples your age.

Celebrity is nice enough but the ship falls asleep at 10pm and we have found couples around our age seem to migrate to the lines the have a certain atmosphere (Royal, Carnival and NCL). Not that you wont find couples your age on Celebrity or Princess.

Longer cruises are not always guaranteed 'no kids'. If you sail in school holiday time you will find a cruise full of kids. Our 12 and 13 day Med cruises on different lines were both full of kids and the pools were 'kid soup'.

OP, research which ships have adult only pool areas.

My WINDSTAR comment was in reference to many WINDSTAR sailings being Med' or Tahiti or others and relatively few in the Carib - esp'ly looking at their "original" 4 mast vessels.

Does Windstar avoid Coast Guard and CDC inspections by not cruising from US?

Yes .....

The classic WINDSTAR 4 mast vessels do have a 'construction issue' that leaves them SOLAS compliant (grandfathered) on an issue where the US has stronger rules. If you research WINDSTAR you can find when the original vessel had a reveal visit in Miami on its inaugural cruise, they visited for a while. Subsequently, certain rules changed and WINDSTAR either had to make <costly> changes to the vessels or stop loading pass' at US ports. They selected the latter option. (obtuse answer? ... a little research will tell you that one of the original WINDSTAR class vessels was lost to fire ... no loss of life but vessel was a total loss and later sunk)

Today's WIND SURF is a larger vessel, similar to the original WINDSTAR class, but 5 masts and an additional deck or two .... later construct and originally operated by "Club Med". I do not know where this vessel falls with regard to the "construction issue" but a quick review of the Carib' cruises says it stays away from US ports (incl, P.R. and USVI)

The new 'STAR' class vessels also appear to be staying well south of any US port when cruising the Carib'

Not unique to WINDSTAR or cruising, some companies find they can do just fine without the US market. Consider the "classic Mini" automobile, sold from 1959 thru 2000, internationally with sales of over 5,000,000. The car was with drawn from US market in the mid 60's because if ever increasing US rules and regulations but continued to sell VERY well elsewhere. (not to be confused with today's MINI, a different company and entirely "modern" car)

Longer cruises are not always guaranteed 'no kids'. If you sail in school holiday time you will find a cruise full of kids. Our 12 and 13 day Med cruises on different lines were both full of kids and the pools were 'kid soup'.

OP, research which ships have adult only pool areas.

Europeans usualy have more vaccation time then americans. Swedes have five weeks until they get forty, then we get more days off (I think it's a whole week).

Europeans usualy have more vaccation time then americans. Swedes have five weeks until they get forty, then we get more days off (I think it's a whole week).

I keep hearing how Europeans get more vacation. Yes, some US companies only grant a weeks worth of leave, maybe two, plus a couple personal and/or sick days, but most are far more generous. My husband get about seven weeks of PTO to use pretty much however he would like. He is able to bank some every year as well. I am just celebrating my first anniversary with my company and I started with four weeks vacation, a "look the other way" policy if an occasional late arrival or early departure needs to happen, and u limited sick leave--although if one will be out on extended leave they are expected to file for disability as opposed to continue to use sick leave. We also earn comp time for certain situations where we have to travel or work extended hours. I will get three or four extra days this year, and five next year.

Our leave runs in a calendar year and they prorate so the day you are hired you have time to use.

Bottom line, next year I will have been with the company not even two years and get five weeks vacation and unlimited sick days. Sounds not too unlike the average European worker, more than many of them.

I keep hearing how Europeans get more vacation. Yes, some US companies only grant a weeks worth of leave, maybe two, plus a couple personal and/or sick days, but most are far more generous.

I think it's more the other way around. SOME companies in the US, particularly in sectors where there is competition for talent, are offering more forward-looking benefits like flex-time, unlimited PTO (as long as you get your scheduled work done), and so on.

But the majority of workers in the US do not have jobs with these benefits. I am lucky to have 5 weeks (having been with my current employer 15 years), but the majority of my working friends, even after many years at the same company, do not.

According to the Society for Human Resource Management, the average number of days of paid vacation for workers with 1-2 years is 14 to 17. That means quite a few get less.

Not until 10 years of service is the average number at 25...