Anthem of the Seas-Onboard tours

I think there is an all access tour on the cruise planner for a price?

D+ and Pinnacle will get a postcard in the room that allows you to check off which tours you wish to attend: Galley, Bridge, Backstage.

However, if you are on a 5 night cruise, they have a set time for each and if you miss it, you miss it. It says reply by Day 2 but when we went to give our card to the Loyalty Ambassador he told us that the tour we wanted had already happened.

Are there onboard tours of the ship available for passengers during a 5-day cruise?

I've seen the All-Access tours on 4-day cruises. Cost is $150 per person. Usually takes over 3 hours.

I don't do all-access tours, because they keep asking me to check the oil in the engines. :p

I suspect that seeing the engineering spaces and crew areas is probably something you would want to get away from.

I suspect that seeing the engineering spaces and crew areas is probably something you would want to get away from.

Actually, the better half has to keep me reined in, as I have this uncontrollable urge to barge through the crew doors and get where I want to go the quickest way possible. She gently reminds me that I'm not working this trip.

I have been known to get yelled at by the crew when I open the access panel behind the toilet and trip a recalcitrant mechanism.

Edited by chengkp75

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we recently took the all access tour on a five night Bermuda run. Totally worth it in my book. We meet in one of the restaurants, met with the head chef and started with a tour of some of the galleys. At the end of the galley part, chocolate covered strawberries and champagne or orange juice as a send off. Next, down I-95 the main service corridor in the ship to the provisions area where all the food and beverages are stored. They discuss how materials are ordered, the quantities and how it changes based on the makeup of the expected passengers eg (more or less kids). After security screening we visited the engine control room and met with one of the engineers where we learned about all the electrical and mechanical systems. Video feeds show the actual engine room. Next it was on to the laundry area. Very interesting to see the scale of the operation and how complex the systems are. We visited the crew mess and bar and had ample time to talk with our guide what it is like as a crew member. Our guide candidly answered questions and seemed to be really enjoying her time on the ship. Next it was backstage in the Royal Theater where we saw the elaborate sets for The Gift and We Will Rock You. They discussed all the details of the productions and showed off all the technical marvels. We finished on the bridge which was really cool. I was shocked to learn that our captain was only 35 years old and the second officer who showed us around the bridge was only 23! It was interesting to learn the career progression for the officers. The bridge also houses the security and safety offices so it was amazing to see all the video feeds. Man, they can see you everywhere on this ship! All-in-all I would spend the money again in a second and gained more awe for the Anthem and her crew. We were given really nice Crown & Anchor ball caps as a gift. I can't wait to do it again on a different ship!

Yes, we recently took the all access tour on a five night Bermuda run. Totally worth it in my book. We meet in one of the restaurants, met with the head chef and started with a tour of some of the galleys. At the end of the galley part, chocolate covered strawberries and champagne or orange juice as a send off. Next, down I-95 the main service corridor in the ship to the provisions area where all the food and beverages are stored. They discuss how materials are ordered, the quantities and how it changes based on the makeup of the expected passengers eg (more or less kids). After security screening we visited the engine control room and met with one of the engineers where we learned about all the electrical and mechanical systems. Video feeds show the actual engine room. Next it was on to the laundry area. Very interesting to see the scale of the operation and how complex the systems are. We visited the crew mess and bar and had ample time to talk with our guide what it is like as a crew member. Our guide candidly answered questions and seemed to be really enjoying her time on the ship. Next it was backstage in the Royal Theater where we saw the elaborate sets for The Gift and We Will Rock You. They discussed all the details of the productions and showed off all the technical marvels. We finished on the bridge which was really cool. I was shocked to learn that our captain was only 35 years old and the second officer who showed us around the bridge was only 23! It was interesting to learn the career progression for the officers. The bridge also houses the security and safety offices so it was amazing to see all the video feeds. Man, they can see you everywhere on this ship! All-in-all I would spend the money again in a second and gained more awe for the Anthem and her crew. We were given really nice Crown & Anchor ball caps as a gift. I can't wait to do it again on a different ship!

That sounds amazing! So interesting. Thanks for sharing. I will certainly look into doing one of these tours on our next trip. The "big brother" thing is a lil creepy....but safety is key so I can't knock it :). Thx

Thanks for the insight.