Stargazing in Alaska

Disnyfan2

It is got to be better than seeing only the moon and the big dipper that we get here in suburban Atlanta.

I went to Alaska last summer and you really don't get to see many if a year stars. It stays light until like midnight and never really is ever dark outside. The sun rises about 04:00 so you can try but you have a small window to see them if they are out. I'm in the suburbs of Tampa and can see stars much better here than I did in Alaska.

I would think if you go out after mid-night you would see some stars - Possibly far forward on the observation area Deck 16 Solstice Deck and the observation area above it.

We were on a TA out of Casablanca they had a full eclipse of the moon. It was interesting to watch as it was a couple hours from the beginning to the full eclipse.

Cruise season is definitely the wrong time of year for star gazing. These were taken around midnight, aboard the Radiance, July 2015. The brightest one is facing north. It was after our stop in Hoonah, I believe. It wasn't until we were much farther south, that we had full darkness.

78a2bd97fb4588c1b93f3514df8c689a.jpg

ca0c2e24f6fa9b2179901bb118254880.jpg

2651ba7587d0e320929915c371d70d77.jpg

Edited by hapster85
Realized after posting that only one was taken from our balcony. Oops.

Cruise season is definitely the wrong time of year for star gazing. These were taken around midnight, aboard the Radiance, July 2015. The brightest one is facing north. It was after our stop in Hoonah, I believe. It wasn't until we were much farther south, that we had full darkness.

I agree. It depends on the season. BTW, nice photo.