15% Larger than Oasis Class

This photo illustrates how narrow the waterline beam of Oasis is, compared to her overall beam. Increasing the waterline beam to increase stability would not be a design challenge, even if the overall beam of a larger class were to remain the same as for Oasis. The simplest way to increase the size of Oasis by about 15% would be to increase the length by about 5%, the beam by about 5%, and the height by about 5% (one deck).

img_9042.jpg

...ummm that means 25% more cabins!

Was amazed recently on Allure...biggest ship

with smaller cabins...crowds for everything.

:confused:

Cabin sizes have been increasing. Average cabin sizes are roughly about 40-50% larger on the Oasis class than on Empress or Monarch class.

My guess is that a ship 15% larger than Oasis would probably have about 10-12% more cabins.

When I was on the Oasis, I thought the cabins were larger than what I've seen on other RCCL ships. I didn't notice anything crowded except the Royal Promenade during parades and when they covered the floor with their sales.

I would like to see a large Promenade deck that encircles the outside of the ship so that one could walk or sit on it. Also, I would like windows in a bar similar to what HAL has in their Crows Nest. Of course, I bet that a cruise company would build more cabins so they can add more revenue.

i would add a 18 to 21 lounge since there is not much for this age group

a bar with all virgin drinks, big tv with movies, computers and video games, a hot tub in the lounge. and dances nightly. keep the cerntral park and ice rink, aqua theater. flowrider, add a lazy river in the solerium.

I would like to see a large Promenade deck that encircles the outside of the ship so that one could walk or sit on it. Also, I would like windows in a bar similar to what HAL has in their Crows Nest.

I would be happy if such an exterior promenade deck would include a running track that does not pass through or near a smoking area.

Of course, I bet that a cruise company would build more cabins so they can add more revenue.

Certainly more cabins would be a substantial part of what they would add. I would expect a cruise ship about 15% larger than Oasis class to have about 3000 passenger cabins, compared to 2700 for Oasis. Other things that would certainly be increased include crew quarters, dining spaces, and pool lounging areas (especially since the latter is reportedly in short supply on Oasis class ships).

I would like to see a large Promenade deck that encircles the outside of the ship so that one could walk or sit on it. Also, I would like windows in a bar similar to what HAL has in their Crows Nest. Of course, I bet that a cruise company would build more cabins so they can add more revenue.

I'd like to see this too, with unobstructed views to the outside.