Grand Suite Boarding Question?

Marine7

Good morning all.

My wife and I will be sailing on Liberty, Oct. of this year. We have heard during the check process at the pier, that we can use the suite check in counter which most of the times have shorter lines.

Our question is, since we will cruising with our friends who are Emerald, can they join us in our line so that we may all board together?

We are new to cruising and trying to learn as we go.

By the way, we love this site as it is full of great information!

Your comments and suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Marine 7

USMC

Semper Fi

Do not expect non suites to be permitted into the suite line. And they will absolutely NOT be allowed to board with suites. If you want to board together then you must wait until their boarding number is called, or wait until after general boarding has begun and you can use any line and walk right on as soon as you have checked in. With the number of Pinnacle that sail out of Galvestion, the suite/P check in line is often not any shorter than any other line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They have allowed our family to board together on several occassions but things change daily with Royal. As stated in earlier posts, you will not find the wait times that much different and you will all be boarding pretty close together anyway. You might wait 5 mins or so before they cross over into the ship and there are lots of places to wait as you board.

Galveston tends to be a bit stricter on this issue. It really does depend on which person you ask - some are nice, some are not. Have a back up plan in case they don't allow you to board together - arrange a meeting spot onboard like the pub on the Promenade or the pool bar. That way, you can go on and be settled and greet them with a smile. have fun and report back on your trip!

Depends on port personnel. The will usually allow your party to stay together, but if not, just stay with your friends. The difference will not be that much.

check in may not be any quicker in the suite line (we have always found it is)however boarding differs - Suites board before D+ and D and so on - not sure about Galvaston but thats how its been everywhere we have cruised from -

We will be in our first GS on Liberty in Nov. Will we receive special disembarkation privileges?

Yes, you will be able to disembark with the earliest numbered group, right after the self-assist people.

Wilson,

Yes I believe you will! Both on and off if I am not mistaken.

Hopefully others will chime in and give you more information.

Hope you enjoy your first Grand Suite ( GS ) cruise aboard the Liberty!

We will be in our first GS on Liberty in Nov. Will we receive special disembarkation privileges?

the concierge will lead you off as a group through private elevator and you will exit that elevator right where the gangplank is. if you are really lucky there will not be a very fierce wind and rain storm that morning. depending on how many people take advantage of this privilege, there could be many trips in the elevator to get everybody off.

Thx everyone for the info. My only hope is that Mrs Wilson doesn't get too spoiled. One part-time job is all I can stand and I really hope to retire from the full-time job one day. 😃👍

the concierge will lead you off as a group through private elevator and you will exit that elevator right where the gangplank is. if you are really lucky there will not be a very fierce wind and rain storm that morning. depending on how many people take advantage of this privilege, there could be many trips in the elevator to get everybody off.

Was this on Liberty? We got off yesterday and did not have to take the elevator. The concierge had us meet in the Schooner bar and took us all out a side door pretty close to where the cards are scanned to leave. We were pretty much able to go ahead of many people who were still in line from self assist. It was super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx everyone for the info. My only hope is that Mrs Wilson doesn't get too spoiled. One part-time job is all I can stand and I really hope to retire from the full-time job one day. 😃👍

Your wife will be totally spoiled. we were off and through customs by 8:45 as already said concierge walks you off the ship. After 3 GS's in a row it will be hard to go to anything less. Do what I did retire and have your wife work ( do not tell Shelagh I said this) ( we are 13 days away from next 12 day cruise in GS)

Do not expect non suites to be permitted into the suite line. And they will absolutely NOT be allowed to board with suites. If you want to board together then you must wait until their boarding number is called, or wait until after general boarding has begun and you can use any line and walk right on as soon as you have checked in. With the number of Pinnacle that sail out of Galvestion, the suite/P check in line is often not any shorter than any other line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our suite line last week out of Galveston saved us a ton of time. We didn't get there until probably 12:30 but we were quickly through everything even though there was still a long line waiting to be checked in and we were able to have next available without any wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your wife will be totally spoiled. we were off and through customs by 8:45 as already said concierge walks you off the ship. After 3 GS's in a row it will be hard to go to anything less. Do what I did retire and have your wife work ( do not tell Shelagh I said this) ( we are 13 days away from next 12 day cruise in GS)

Hahahaha. It's our secret.

Enjoy that 12 day GS cruise!

Were now spoiled as well. Our first GS was on Grandeur earlier this month and now will only stay in GS. We have 4 cruises booked and 3 of 4 are GS. We're on a wait list for the 4th.

We were at the airport in Baltimore by 9am. Too bad our flight didn't leave until noon.

Edited by sellwingri