Did FTTF go up, AGAIN?

KPfromCT

I totally agree! I'm not stopping for lunch when our cruise fare includes all that food. NO WAY! Last cruise my son and I didn't even grab breakfast ... he was ready for the burgers when we boarded.

Totally in agreement! You (we) are paying for that day, so it's nice to get on early and get our vacation started!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I totally agree! I'm not stopping for lunch when our cruise fare includes all that food. NO WAY! Last cruise my son and I didn't even grab breakfast ... he was ready for the burgers when we boarded.

Yep such a hard decision pay for food or head to port, get on board and grab a burger and chill on my balcony. Sailing or not it sure feels like vacation once I'm there. Oh wait, that wasn't a hard decision after all lol

Not to mention FTTF gets me off fast too and when you are driving home that's a huge plus, the closer I can get before I have to stop the better, if I'm close enough I can make it a straight through drive. If not I can at least make day 2 an easy comfortable drive home.

I have been watching for it to become available for our April 2018 cruise but there is nothing so far. I hope I am able to get it because since I will be using my wheelchair it will be very nice to go directly to our room and rest a little. Hope it doesn't go up more before then.

Yep such a hard decision pay for food or head to port, get on board and grab a burger and chill on my balcony. Sailing or not it sure feels like vacation once I'm there. Oh wait, that wasn't a hard decision after all lol

Not to mention FTTF gets me off fast too and when you are driving home that's a huge plus, the closer I can get before I have to stop the better, if I'm close enough I can make it a straight through drive. If not I can at least make day 2 an easy comfortable drive home.

Yup!!! And why we also don't check our luggage. Although we drive to the port (I live in Florida, obviously), I still like to be able to get off the ship when I want to and not have to wait for a zone call. I'm a single mom who just travels with my boys and we've learned how to pack light enough to carry on.

That isnt what I was trying to convey. Im saying it took at least several years and thousands of dollars to reach Platinum and get perks I can buy for 69.95 as a two time Red Carnival cruiser.

Sorry for any ambiguity :)

not necessarily. i'm sure there are plenty of platinum cruisers who earned plat the old way with 10 cruises, no matter the length. 10x3 day cruises in an inside cabin could have been had for a couple of thousand 10 years ago.

some platinum cruisers have complained that others should not be able to buy the perks that platinum folks had to cruise for.

Platinum did not get early access to rooms before FTTF.

I first had an issue with it because if they sell a lot of them, then the line for everything just got longer! I like not having the lines for the service desk,for the boarding, and for tenders. If they sell it to everyone, then there is no value. But they have done a good job of limiting it, based on how many platinum and diamond members book. That is why they sell a certain number, sell out,then sell it again. They don't know for sure how many incoming bookings will be platinum or diamond. I don't have a problem with it now as Carnival has managed it well.

I agree with you 100%

It may be Carnivals best gimmick they ever came up with....collecting anywhere from $50-$80 per cabin without any real outlay....literally 100% profit....Now look at the LB Port, earliest checkin times apparently are 12:30pm. This will drive the early birds nuts!!!!

It sure was a great plan to make more $$. I happily paid $50 for my husband and I to get to our cabin early and settle in on the balcony. It went up to $60 and we had two cabins...nope! That was the cost of unlimited soda for two of my kids. We had fun people watching as we waited.

Now with staggered check in (which I seem to be in the vast minority and I like) AND $80? Not happening for us but I am sure plenty will pay it!

And the sooner they get people on, the sooner those people can start spending money.

They certainly are targeting the gullible!

If you are going to be stuck on a ship for a week, do you really need to get on board 2 hours before everybody else? :-)

I reckon if you are that way inclined, other stuff during the week must really nark you - not getting served quick enough at the bar, not getting an ideal bed near the pool, not getting a good seat in the theater, not getting off the ship before everybody else! :-)

We're just gonna chill and use the money saved for a couple of drinks & a snack on shore! :-)

They certainly are targeting the gullible!

If you are going to be stuck on a ship for a week, do you really need to get on board 2 hours before everybody else? :-)

I reckon if you are that way inclined, other stuff during the week must really nark you - not getting served quick enough at the bar, not getting an ideal bed near the pool, not getting a good seat in the theater, not getting off the ship before everybody else! :-)

We're just gonna chill and use the money saved for a couple of drinks & a snack on shore! :-)

you're calling others gullible when you're going to waste money on something you pee away in a few hours. lol...........don't you know, water is free. ;)

if you think getting on board 2 hours early is the only benefit then you certainly don't know the product or you're just ignoring some of the benefits to justify your sarcasm.

Edited by Computer Nerd

We solved the problem of no FTTF on our March cruise.

We booked a back to back. HA

No rushing on the ship for us, because we will get two weeks in the same room, same ship, same tropical weather and different amazing ports of call.

#bestofbothworlds

I admit I was anxious to get FTTF when we booked the cruise December of last year, seeing as we were 15 months out I figured for sure I would get it, BUT when it opened up 7 months later I was at work and missed it.

I was bothered at first but now I figure this way we (family of 4 with two of them teens) can sleep in at our hotel, swim and relax at a place for lunch (having flown in the day before and being at air ports all day will be tiring no doubt) then head over to the pier at 1 or later and get ready for 2 weeks of fun and sun.

I can very much understand why people want to make the most of their 7 days. It goes by fast. That's why we now try to do a cruise every two years and stay on board for two weeks instead....

Seeing as we are paying more for the airfare from Canada then we are for a whole week of the cruise it works for us.

I do have a question, are tender ports listed as such? We haven't sailed Carnival in 17 years, RCCL, X and the others all list tender on the itinerary but Carnival doesn't seem to.

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Safe Travels everyone

Chass

We solved the problem of no FTTF on our March cruise.

We booked a back to back. HA

No rushing on the ship for us, because we will get two weeks in the same room, same ship, same tropical weather and different amazing ports of call.

#bestofbothworlds

I admit I was anxious to get FTTF when we booked the cruise December of last year, seeing as we were 15 months out I figured for sure I would get it, BUT when it opened up 7 months later I was at work and missed it.

I was bothered at first but now I figure this way we (family of 4 with two of them teens) can sleep in at our hotel, swim and relax at a place for lunch (having flown in the day before and being at air ports all day will be tiring no doubt) then head over to the pier at 1 or later and get ready for 2 weeks of fun and sun.

I can very much understand why people want to make the most of their 7 days. It goes by fast. That's why we now try to do a cruise every two years and stay on board for two weeks instead....

Seeing as we are paying more for the airfare from Canada then we are for a whole week of the cruise it works for us.

I do have a question, are tender ports listed as such? We haven't sailed Carnival in 17 years, RCCL, X and the others all list tender on the itinerary but Carnival doesn't seem to.

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Safe Travels everyone

Chass

I don't see that Carnival lists if it is a tender port.

But here is what is the usual for a port:

Amber Cove-I believe it Docks

St Thomas-Dock

San Juan-Dock

Grand Turk-Dock

Cozumel-Dock

Belize-Tender

Mahogany-Dock

Costa Maya-Dock

if you think getting on board 2 hours early is the only benefit then you certainly don't know the product or you're just ignoring some of the benefits to justify your sarcasm.

Can you clearly state what I will be missing out on, during the 2 hours that I will relaxing in Fort Lauderdale?

Take note, we dont bother with beds by the pool, or stuffing our faces when there's unlimited available food for the nearly 200 hour duration of our cruise.

Can you clearly state what I will be missing out on, during the 2 hours that I will relaxing in Fort Lauderdale?

Take note, we dont bother with beds by the pool, or stuffing our faces when there's unlimited available food for the nearly 200 hour duration of our cruise.

You won't get the first drink of the day, and you won't be one of the FIRST online for the buffet. If you don't get to your cabin right away, Carnival may move it :D....What the "FIRSTIES" will also do, is check back to their cabin once every 12 mins because they need their luggage to unpack. You really aren't on vacation until you unpack....The luggage still isn't there, I need to complain to GS....I want to unpack and I was promised expedited luggage delivery and in my mind, that means I will have my luggage NOW, because I am not on vacation until I unpack....let me go ask GS again and complain....as I go up to the GS desk, can someone wait in the cabin for the luggage, because we are still not on vacation until we unpack. Carnival is ruining my vacation because I should be up on deck, looking down at the lines of people waiting to board. I want to have my perverse pleasure time as people wait on lines as I sip my DOD

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten