Did FTTF go up, AGAIN?

KPfromCT

My comfort is worth way more than $60 or $70 and having a room ready when I get there ensures my comfort. No matter how hot and humid it is on the Lido I can ditch my bags. Grab my food and start my vaca on my balcony. When I get to hot I can pop into the AC in my room. Awwwwwwwww lol

Now if my room isn't ready like a few of the FTTF reviews state then yes you will see my cranky butt down at the GS desk complaining because that is the reason I buy FTTF. But I'll be doing it politely. Worked CS too many years to take it out on them.

Board at 1 pm, room is ready, save $60 or $70....problem solved

unless of course you are one of those with the 8 yr old on Christmas morning mentalities...."WE HAVE TO BE ON FIRST"

I have noticed that many of the FTTF "CRAZIES" are also "FIRSTIES"....they have a fear they may miss something if they aren't on board as soon as the velvet rope drops :D

Edited by First and Ten

We missed out on purchasing FTTF when it was first available for our upcoming cruise on the Vista. I'm pretty sure it was still $59.95 at that time. And now, $79.95! Since Carnival recently made a huge donation to Louisiana for the flood victims, and a huge donation to Italy for the earthquake victims, maybe this is their way of refilling the Donations Fund. In any case, this is probably the last time we'll purchase FTTF.

Too rich for my blood. Did it once at $59 and did not find it worth it. But bless those willing to pay the higher rates. All that ancillary revenue helps keep fares low.

What low fares are you talking about? lol I think their peripheral revenue continues to go up as does the base cruise fare.

We missed out on purchasing FTTF when it was first available for our upcoming cruise on the Vista. I'm pretty sure it was still $59.95 at that time. And now, $79.95! Since Carnival recently made a huge donation to Louisiana for the flood victims, and a huge donation to Italy for the earthquake victims, maybe this is their way of refilling the Donations Fund. In any case, this is probably the last time we'll purchase FTTF.

It has been $60 my last cruise and since I booked my current cruise for sept 2017, but opened back up today for $80. I bet they couldve opened it for $60 weeks ago and decided to hold off for this increase.

Board at 1 pm, room is ready, save $60 or $70....problem solved

unless of course you are one of those with the 8 yr old on Christmas morning mentalities...."WE HAVE TO BE ON FIRST"

I have noticed that many of the FTTF "CRAZIES" are also "FIRSTIES"....they have a fear they may miss something if they aren't on board as soon as the velvet rope drops :D

I drive to port and usually stay over night so check out around 10am or get in early morning around that time. No I do not want to wander around town until afternoon just waiting until a room is ready. I'd much rather pay a little extra and start my vacation. By the time I make it to port I'm pretty dang tired (a 14 hr drive usually) and want to relax, not bum around town killing time to save a few bucks.

Eh, I'll pay it. It makes things smoother for me. I don't drink a lot, I rarely buy myself things on the trip. So if this inexpensive lil thing makes my trip better, I'll gladly pay it.

If it goes above $100, I probably would rethink it..or only get it on cruises with more than one tender.

I drive to port and usually stay over night so check out around 10am or get in early morning around that time. No I do not want to wander around town until afternoon just waiting until a room is ready. I'd much rather pay a little extra and start my vacation. By the time I make it to port I'm pretty dang tired (a 14 hr drive usually) and want to relax, not bum around town killing time to save a few bucks.

Just commenting on your own words....you drive in the night before, so I am guessing you sleep in a hotel close to the port. probably wake up refreshed if you got a good night sleep

I was just presenting alternatives to the "Firstie" attitude....request a late checkout, enjoy the port city, nice lunch and board the ship later as the crowds would have subsided. That $60-$70 saved on FTTF could be used for a nice lunch in the port city

Again, just a different perspective....no thanks needed for the advice :)

Edited by First and Ten

Carnival is a business and have the right to charge what they want for a product. As others said, they will just increase the cost till sales start to fall off, and then adjust downward, or not, who knows. I purchase FttF, the last two cruises, and my upcoming cruise. My next cruise, next year is on a different cruise line, so I will have to do without. I will see how I do, if I manage ok, then I likely will not purchase it again on my next Carnival cruise, but that is just me and my personal choice. For those who are two or more in a room, I don't see the big deal in the increase. For a solo, well, that might bear more thought at least for me. The wifi has also gone up recently I believe and neither increase is extreme IMHO.

I just check my sailing on the Conquest for next April. It was sold out before ( I already have mine) and now it's available! I wonder if they are now increasing the number available......if they are we may have to have to wait in lines anyway :D

Here are the details:

$49.95 2-3 day cruises

$49.95 4 day cruises excluding Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph, and Carnival Victory

$59.95 4 day cruises for Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph, and Carnival Victory

$59.95 5 day cruises excluding Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory

$69.95 5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory

$69.95 6-7 day cruises

$79.95 8 day cruises and longer

Here are the details:

$49.95 2-3 day cruises

$49.95 4 day cruises excluding Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph, and Carnival Victory

$59.95 4 day cruises for Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph, and Carnival Victory

$59.95 5 day cruises excluding Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory

$69.95 5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory

$69.95 6-7 day cruises

$79.95 8 day cruises and longer

well that would explain my 3-day.

I wonder what about those particular ships determines the different price. More popular/higher demand?

My son is autistic and it's worth it because of that. With tender posts if we have an excursion, and we have several coming up on our next cruise, we can go right to guest services and get off right away rather then standing in the line. It may not be much to some, but for us it really helps.

I just check my sailing on the Conquest for next April. It was sold out before ( I already have mine) and now it's available! I wonder if they are now increasing the number available......if they are we may have to have to wait in lines anyway :D

I just looked and saw that they are available again for our cruise. It looks like there are 20 available now. Our last cruise there were way to many FTTF made available. They were for sale 3 different times. And the last time they made 82 available. Things were pretty crazy in the terminal since we were late in boarding.

I would not pay $79.95 for it especially since we don't even have a tender port. So if they make a change in the Loyalty Program and I no longer am Platinum I will just come later to the port. I don't go to Guest Services much, hardly ever, and with no tendering it just is not worth it.

Just commenting on your own words....you drive in the night before, so I am guessing you sleep in a hotel close to the port. probably wake up refreshed if you got a good night sleep

I was just presenting alternatives to the "Firstie" attitude....request a late checkout, enjoy the port city, nice lunch and board the ship later as the crowds would have subsided. That $60-$70 saved on FTTF could be used for a nice lunch in the port city

Again, just a different perspective....no thanks needed for the advice :)

Like I said I don't want to bum around town waiting for a room to be ready when I easy pay for a room to be ready. The money I spend on lunch, something for everyone to drink while we are out walking around and something to do will more than cover my FTTF, heck with 4 people lunch and drinks will pay for most of FTTF. I've been to all our port cities more than once they aren't new to me, if they were I'd go in a few days early and check them out and do them right.

But you keep doing what you do and I'll keep doing what I do and we'll all be happy. You're welcome :).

Like I said I don't want to bum around town waiting for a room to be ready when I easy pay for a room to be ready. The money I spend on lunch, something for everyone to drink while we are out walking around and something to do will more than cover my FTTF, heck with 4 people lunch and drinks will pay for most of FTTF. I've been to all our port cities more than once they aren't new to me, if they were I'd go in a few days early and check them out and do them right.

But you keep doing what you do and I'll keep doing what I do and we'll all be happy. You're welcome :).

I totally agree! I'm not stopping for lunch when our cruise fare includes all that food. NO WAY! Last cruise my son and I didn't even grab breakfast ... he was ready for the burgers when we boarded.

Just scored FTTF for our Magic cruise, next June.:D:D

8 night Eastern.

$79.95?

Seriously?:mad:

Love the benefits, but DAMN!!!!!!!

Actually this means that it will probably be much easier to "snag!" I am sure that demand will fall off a little , and those who say they will never cruise without will be able to cruise more often on Carnival.

in seriousness, what others have said is a simple law of economics. if demand continues, prices will rise to match it.

Actually this means that it will probably be much easier to "snag!" I am sure that demand will fall off a little , and those who say they will never cruise without will be able to cruise more often on Carnival.

in seriousness, what others have said is a simple law of economics. if demand continues, prices will rise to match it.

The money is not an issue for us. We like being able to go directly to the cabin to drop the bags and the short line at Guest services.

I was just shocked that it jumped 20.00 since our last Breeze cruise, which was also 8 nights.

We booked about 3 weeks ago and it has been sold out. Just happened to check again, and it was there.

We got it! We're happy!!!

To each their own!:D:D