Did FTTF go up, AGAIN?

KPfromCT

They can raise it as much as they want to. I'm not buying it. Allowing people to buy what loyal customers have worked hard for is an insult to loyal customers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's a valid point

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Fun reading in this thread.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you're unhappy because they sell more than sufficient for your own needs, well that's life. If you think others shouldn't enjoy it because it holds no value for you, that's true of all optional excursions.

As with everything else in life, buy it if it's a good value for you. Why worry about what other people value?

They can raise it as much as they want to. I'm not buying it. Allowing people to buy what loyal customers have worked hard for is an insult to loyal customers.

I disagree. I am 20 days away from platinum so I will continue to buy it until then. When I become platinum, I am not going to care if anyone else buys it or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't see that Carnival lists if it is a tender port.

But here is what is the usual for a port:

Amber Cove-I believe it Docks

St Thomas-Dock

San Juan-Dock

Grand Turk-Dock

Cozumel-Dock

Belize-Tender

Mahogany-Dock

Costa Maya-Dock

amber cove is a docked port.

Can you clearly state what I will be missing out on, during the 2 hours that I will relaxing in Fort Lauderdale?

Take note, we dont bother with beds by the pool, or stuffing our faces when there's unlimited available food for the nearly 200 hour duration of our cruise.

again, if the two hours before the cruise is the only thing you associate with fttf, then you clearly don't understand the product or the benefits. fttf and it's benefits last the entire cruise, not just the first two hours.

That's a valid point

another valid point is if anyone, for any reason, is unhappy with the the way a business is run by the business owners, they can take their money elsewhere and no longer use said business that they are unhappy with. ;)

Edited by Computer Nerd

. fttf and it's benefits last the entire cruise, not just the first two hours.

Cmon then let us know what the other great benefits are?

I dont want to be the first off the ship when we get to the end of the cruise - sort of defeats the object of missing out on the first 2 hours at the start, so we will be the last ones off, to get our monies worth!

We are doing the 8 night Eastern Caribbean so no tendered ports.

Cmon then let us know what the other great benefits are?

I dont want to be the first off the ship when we get to the end of the cruise - sort of defeats the object of missing out on the first 2 hours at the start, so we will be the last ones off, to get our monies worth!

We are doing the 8 night Eastern Caribbean so no tendered ports.

for tendered ports, priority transit to the port.

access to the diamond/plat gs line.

access to the cabin on boarding.

if waitlisted or wanting to change dinner reservation, priority after diamond/plat.

receive luggage early......usually within 2 hours of boarding.

as stated, priority embarkation after diamond/plat. also priority disembarkation.

as for whether it is worth it to you, that is a personal decision. for some it is, others not. but whether you like fttf or not, at least be accurate in your statements about fttf.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

It appears they opened more FTTF slots up because it's been sold out on many cruises and now today when price increases its available.

Not necessarily....each cruise goes through cycles since spots are held back to accomodate Diamond/Platinum. D/P booking slow means more slots released, D/P booking fast means open slots could be eliminated. This process continues to the sail date.

The last morning is so hectic I don't know how anyone could enjoy staying on the ship.

Since we check in at 1pm we do not wait in line for check in.

Since we check in at 1pm we can go immediately to our cabins.

Since we check in at 1pm lunch is still being served and we aren't encumbered with our carry-on.

Since we check in at 1pm it is easier to handle more carry-on since we can go to our cabin immediately and that means we have our swim wear, a change of clothes for dinner, and our absolutely necessities with us. If we are the last to get our luggage, who cares.

Since we check in at 1pm the crowds have disappeared from the buffet since they and their carry-on are now heading to their cabins.

We have never had to wait in line at guest services...timing is everything.

We have never been late for a shore excursion in upteen cruises and have time for a leisurely breakfast before heading to the tenders where we have encountered no lines.

We don't choose a cruise that ports at a private island so no worries about getting on board early to get a prime cabana. We'd rather port at a real town on a real island and see how people "live".

We always book early enough to get our dining preference...no need to worry about changing things once on board.

We could care less about loyalty perks...to many cruise lines to limit ourselves to just one.

We always book late afternoon air transport home so we are always among the last to disembark the ship.

Guess FTTF has no value for us...no matter the cost.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

another valid point is if anyone, for any reason, is unhappy with the the way a business is run by the business owners, they can take their money elsewhere and no longer use said business that they are unhappy with. ;)

Dude, chill....the poster I commented "valid point" too basically said Carnival is selling off their loyalty perks....I didn't say they shouldn't, I just said it was a valid point of view

Edited by First and Ten

amber cove is a docked port.

Thank you. I thought it was but wasn't a hundred percent sure. Now I know. Hopefully I will remember if we ever get to Amber Cove. That was the only port he/she was going to that I haven't been to.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

We are going to Amber Cove in April. I haven't been to that one yet either.

Can't believe how upset some people get over others buying FTTF. I mean really how does it effect your life? It's like I hate broccoli and you should hate it too. Everyone should hate it because I hate it. It should be banned and never sold to anyone ever again. It's so silly.

Now personally I do hate broccoli but if you want to eat it, here you can have mine :p

Worked hard for? Really? :rolleyes:

No one worked hard for free perks. You paid for a cruise and that's what you got. If the cruise line chooses to throw in some free stuff that's just an added bonus.

I personally think they would be better off to get rid of the loyalty programs. Creates a bunch of complainers that feel they are owed stuff. People can't be greatful for what they do get and instead complain about what they should be getting. I was raised to be thankful for anything given to me for free but these boards show many don't feel the same.

Worked hard for? Really? :rolleyes:

No one worked hard for free perks. You paid for a cruise and that's what you got. If the cruise line chooses to throw in some free stuff that's just an added bonus.

I personally think they would be better off to get rid of the loyalty programs. Creates a bunch of complainers that feel they are owed stuff. People can't be greatful for what they do get and instead complain about what they should be getting. I was raised to be thankful for anything given to me for free but these boards show many don't feel the same.

completely agree. i pay for cruises, not perks. getting rid of the loyalty programs would save carnival, and other cruise lines, millions of dollars. also, people would have one less thing to try and shove in other's faces in an attempt to prove they are better than someone else.

Maybe "worked hard " was a poor word choice. But the perks were earned with passenger loyalty. Having someone buy them outright cheapens the loyalty concept.

only to those who think they 'earned' such perks. i would sail carnival with or without said perks because i believe they are the best cruise line out there for the money spent.

Maybe "worked hard " was a poor word choice. But the perks were earned with passenger loyalty. Having someone buy them outright cheapens the loyalty concept.

Doesn't it just put a dollar amount on (the portion of perks that match up...there are more loyalty perks) the perks you get so you understand their value?

I mean, I never see complaints that people can purchase laundry service, water, or the yummy tray that come with the perks... Most loyalty perks are going to be things that can also be purchased but you are getting gratis.

Exactly how does it cheapen it? You still get those things for free that someone else now has to pay for.

To me it's more of people wanting to have something someone else doesn't and that's why people get so upset. You want to be able to say you got xyz perk and no one else is special enough to have it.

Maybe try appreciating that no cruise line has to give anything away for free. They make the choice to do so and you should be thankful for anything they chose to give. Instead of complaining that someone else has access to something you didn't pay for in the first place.