Liberty Voom sucks

I'm sure they don't guarantee a thing. Nothing was going to satisfy this man however. It was quite over the top.

I believe there are a lot of passengers like this giving crew lectures on every topic from bed making, to food prep, to ship operations. When you encounter a crew member who may be a little short, don't discount the fact they may have just been subjected to a passenger lecture.

Hi everyone,

Also, and maybe I'm the only idiot out there who did NOT know this, but I thought that if I disabled my phones 4G data capabilities, so that it would only work when connected to WiFi, that I had covered my bases regarding having any additional charges. I was VERY wrong. I just received a bill from AT&T with $115 in text message charges ($0.50/text sent). Apparently only iphones use WiFi to imessage and my phone was still using towers (what towers? Where were they? I don't understand!).

It seems that if I had connected to Facebook and messaged within that app, I wouldn't have had a problem. Or I could have added an international cruising texting package to my AT&T account prior to sailing that would have cost me $60/100 messages. But since I did neither of those things I ended up with a texting bill of $115 - in addition to the $140 I gave to RCCL for their subpar internet service in the first place. :mad::mad::(

Oh well, lessons learned. I've booked on Harmony of the seas for October 2017 and I'll go on that cruise a little older and a little wiser :cool:

If you plead ignorance with AT&T they might allow you to purchase the international cruise texting plan after the fact for the time period you were on the cruise. It never hurts to ask but don't be too disappointed if they refuse.

If you plead ignorance with AT&T they might allow you to purchase the international cruise texting plan after the fact for the time period you were on the cruise.

:confused: how would that lower the bill? I thought 50 cents/text from the ship is the price regardless of what plan you have.

:confused: how would that lower the bill? I thought 50 cents/text from the ship is the price regardless of what plan you have.

AT&T used to have a cruise ship plan (not sure if it's still offered) that included some number of texts for a flat rate.