Alaska cruise in September

FANOFEQUINE

I am thinking about a carnival cruise on Sept 2, 2017. I am a little bit worried about the rain fall amount during this time in Alaska. Would someone enlighten me to stop worrying and book it. It leaves out of Los Angeles and returns there with 14 days all together. Is it too cold then?

I am thinking about a carnival cruise on Sept 2, 2017. I am a little bit worried about the rain fall amount during this time in Alaska. Would someone enlighten me to stop worrying and book it. It leaves out of Los Angeles and returns there with 14 days all together. Is it too cold then?

Our first cruise in Alaska was Sep 18. Only for 7 nights, so a bit later than you'll be there.

We found the weather on our Sept cruise was very comparable with our early June cruise. High 50s to low 60s in temperature, and overcast most days. But not cold, really. Glacier bay and Juneau we had drizzly rain.

That being said, the common comment on Alaska weather is "if you don't like it wait 15 minutes". Yes, it's that variable. Could be sunny and warm or cold and icy, pretty much at any time.

Dress in layers. Add layers if cold, remove if warm.

No one can really predict the weather, but we chose September to go to Alaska and the weather was fine. It was cooler than if we had gone in the middle of summer, but I think the only thing that was a problem was the fog which delayed a flight to Mt. McKinley by a couple of hours. We did go prepared for any temperature.

Edited by SPacificbound

Book it then decide, she seems to be filling up fast. Except for the HI cruises Carnival has rarely repeated these longer cruises.

Weather.com can give you historical data but cannot predict how it's going to be.

Check the weather starting two weeks out.

Edited by SadieN

We were in Alaska in July 2016. We wee there a total of 15 days. It rained on 12 of them. You simply put on a rain jacket and go about your business.

Ass far as cold, it will be cooler in September than in July but it is not going to be cold. Take and wear layers. It's no colder than sitting out at a football game in late fall in the southeast.

An added bonus to cruise Alaska in September - cheaper fare and lots of end-of-season sales in shops.

This 14 day cruise is just under double the price of a week long cruise. As a one-off Journey's cruise doubt the price will go any lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We left September 8 for 2 weeks. I don't remember rain the first week (land portion) but we did have rain every day for the cruise portion. Not all day just maybe an hour or two. Need layers, I lived in a sweatshirt the whole time. Didn't let it ruin the trip still fun.

We were in Alaska in July 2016. We wee there a total of 15 days. It rained on 12 of them. You simply put on a rain jacket and go about your business.

Ass far as cold, it will be cooler in September than in July but it is not going to be cold. Take and wear layers. It's no colder than sitting out at a football game in late fall in the southeast.

Sorry about the typo. It was supposed to say As far as.

We have cruised to Alaska in September and had sunny weather and low to high 70s the whole time...cruised last month (July) back to Alaska and it was cool, windy, and drizzled most of the time. I enjoyed cruising in September most because it was less crowded on the ship and in the ports.