FTTF price rising

nchikk

For some, it is a waste of money, for others it is part of their vacation. While I do not like to see the increase, I am not surprised or even upset by it. I love the people that get upset when a "For Profit" business raises prices due to demand. If people are willing to spend money on something, there is a chance they will spend even more money on the same exact service/item. If that is the case, why not increase the price and claim the profit? Of course there will be those that do not agree, and hey, that is ok.

Being disabled is what a person can do not what they can't do, now if I had my scooter I would have 0 problem being the last person on board. I don't care to exploit a disability and demand I must get on board now! Where others would in a heart beat, if I buy a FTTF sticker I paid for the service to not be in pain or pass out. I bought one for my friend as well she has her own power chair but it would not be nice to make her wait while I am on board for hours. Again we both could have played the oh-woe is me card but why? I am not that kind of person.

Now if I was unable to obtain one, it would be me that would pay the $1009 for one if it meant I did not pass out on my way to the front of the line. Just the way I am and I know my pain tolerance.

On my last cruise, never did I think I was entitled to special perks or privileges, even on elevators, if a family was there first I will not just speed ahead of them to get on. I will wait, its not like I am going to starve or have no seat for a show lol.

I was told there was only 15 FTTF being sold for that cruise, now its 35. How much more? 100? 2k? Just feel like it was cheapened with more money. The money is not even the issue, its the perk. To increase it is one thing, but to raise the price and add more is no longer exclusive privilege.

They base the number offered on how many plats and diamonds are on the cruise; this number fluctuates, and so does the FTTF number. If a cruise is heavy with plats and diamonds, they may not offer ANY.

ANd the converse is true.

So either way you should end up in the same place.

On our next cruise (8 nights), they opened up 15-20 (can't remember now) FTTF on May 31st. They were gone in 40 minutes and I got 2 of them for ours and our sister's cabins.

This is our last cruise before becoming platinum, so I won't need it for our cabin anymore. My sister is new to cruising and loves it so will likely still stalk and pay the bit higher price to have it. To us, it is worth it.

This is our last cruise before becoming platinum, so I won't need it for our cabin anymore. My sister is new to cruising and loves it so will likely still stalk and pay the bit higher price to have it. To us, it is worth it.

At least you hope it is your last cruise before becoming platinum. A change in the Loyalty Program might change that. I hope not. I am supposed to become platinum on my next cruise. Will just have to wait and see.

At least you hope it is your last cruise before becoming platinum. A change in the Loyalty Program might change that. I hope not. I am supposed to become platinum on my next cruise. Will just have to wait and see.

Yikes, I hope not. We do 8 night cruises as we live in the midwest and can only go once a year. It's taken us 8 years to get this far, lol. If they change it, I guess I'll just have to obsess to get my FTTF a little longer :D

They already added more, there was 15 released I got 2 of them, now there is 20 more on the same exact cruise. The 15 were sold out with in hours of release. So yes they did add more. They never had 20 on the initial release and since I own 2 of them that leaves 13 IF everyone gave them back which is slim to none that would mean there should only be 13 available.

They always release multiple batches of FTTF at different times. They have done this since they started offering it, and it has nothing to do with the increase. The number available can be low or quite high (so far as I can tell) based on how many wedding parties, Plats, Diamonds, etc are cruising.

We buy FTTF, get to the port early, walk through all lines and onboard easily, have almost always had luggage very fast (one time, one bag was late-ish, around 5, usually luggage comes super fast). We like it. The new prices are a disappointment but not a surprise and I don't think they're selling MORE of them, nor does more being released support that idea. They always release batches periodically.

Yes I am one of those people, I am disabled that can not stand more than 3 minutes without being on the verge of passing out in pain. I have a mobility scooter that is waiting for me in my cabin that I need to function on a huge ship. I could not even make it to my cabin without a wheel chair. I have only half of my lungs left, bad hips, bad legs from the massive amounts of steroids I was on for 3 years to keep my lungs functioning.

Yes all I can say is nan-nan I got one and you did not to all the schmucks who can stand, walk and talk at the same time. How selfish can I be right?

Now I have to bloody stand in line to be in the FTTF row. Yes I am very selfish and self centered.

I fail to see what your health has to do with anything. It makes zero difference.

It is well known that they release them in batches and that it wasn't limited to some magically number. It has always fluctuated from one sailing to the next.

And if standing in line is such an issue don't arrive to the port so early. We arrived around 1:30pm and walked right on. No lines to check in and no lines to board. Simple. But people act like its the end of the world if they can't board first thing in the morning. You make a choice to get there early so if you have to wait in line that's your choice.

Actually no, we paid less for our last 10 cruise in a premium balcony on a new ship then we are paying for our 8 day in an aft wrap on an old ship on Carnival. Just got to watch the sales.

Your right . Some of those sails are wonderful. But some of the new ships like Royal or Regal Princess the boarding times are 1. We just did Regal in April. But it wasn't bad at all. You will love the buffet on either of those ships if that is the one you are doing. Happy sailing.

Pilot to ATC....

Princess is more upscale to Carnival. Price aside, they might love it or hate it.

Or, if they love Princess, the now-retired Bob Dickinson would love it. They are moving up the food chain of cruise lines, as more new cruiser "plankton" is fed into Carnival, and others move up the ladder.

Of course you and every other experienced Carnival cruiser knows who Bob Dickinson is?

My point was that people come on here and bash CCL and say "I can go on Princess on a newer ship for cheaper", etc. Well then they should just do it; if raising the FTTF price by $30 makes that much of a difference, go ahead and leave CCL. I follow the CCL and NCL forums and it is the same way on NCL since FDR took over. Everyone bashing them, but then they still go on them.

P.S. Do you know Stu Morse? He flies N5TU (get it, Stu?), an AA5. He used to work at ZNY.

They base the number offered on how many plats and diamonds are on the cruise; this number fluctuates, and so does the FTTF number. If a cruise is heavy with plats and diamonds, they may not offer ANY.

ANd the converse is true.

So either way you should end up in the same place.

I do not think that it is true that they may not issue any if there are a lot of Plata, etc. We went on a Journeys cruise where at the party they announced that there were over 600 Plats & D'd, however a week before the cruise they opened up another batch of FTTF for sale (our daughter purchased one so that she could board with us.

Ever since they started releasing FTTF they have had multiple releases on every cruise I've seen. It may be 2 releases or may be 4 or 5 releases but I've never seen just one. So just because it said there were 15 available when you bought yours meant absolutely nothing. There could be 200-300 available by cruise time.

You wanted FTTF, you bought it, now let everyone else that wants it, buy it when it's available.

If anyone is mad that more people can buy it now it's very simple to cancel your FTTF purchase, just go into your online cruise manager, find FTTF in your shore excursion and click cancel this excursion. It will refund to your credit/debit card within a few days. Then you won't feel like you wasted your money.

I don't like it, but I can't blame them. It's a popular item, so why not try to get as much as they can for it. If we were in their shoes, I'm sure we'd do the same. I'm NOT sure, though, if I'd buy it at these prices.

From the Brand Ambassador:

$49.95 USD 2 day and 3 day cruises

$49.95 USD 4 day cruises (excluding Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Victory)

$59.95 USD 4 day cruises (Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Victory)

$69.95 USD 5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory)

$59.95 USD 5 day cruises (Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory)

$69.95 USD 6 day and 7 day cruises

$79.95 USD 8 day and longer cruises

People keep buying it so the prices will go up and up!