Any hope of adding folks to my Dynamic Choice Reservations?

ThePNVT

Wah! I'm feeling whiney. I booked my family of 5 (in two rooms, so a total PITA) for all of our Dynamic Dining Choice dinner reservations when reservations opened a few months ago. (Sailing on Anthem in Nov 2016.) I decided last week to bring my parents on the cruise with us (woohoo!!! :D ) It sounds like it's going to be impossible to add them to our dining reservations which is a complete and total bummer.

Can this really be? I had them added by our TA to our trip's "group booking" so I can plan activities with them in the Cruise Planner. But it seems impossible in the planner to add them to my existing reservations... so I called RCCL and they said there is no availability to add them at this time.

Eating dinner together each night is a really important part of our vacation!

The representative at RCCL said I can ask that they be added to our table when we get onboard. That sounds like leaving an AWFUL lot up to chance to me when this feels really important.

Am I just SOL? (I'll get over it if I am, but it will be hard for me to let go of this one.) Is this really hopeless? Is there actually a chance they might be added to our table once we're on board? (That sounds SO doubtful to me...)

I feel your pain...I was trying to modify reservations for my group of 8 once entertainment started opening up :eek:, I couldn't find a time before 9 or 9:30 for a group my size.

What I would suggest you do is book a separate reservation for the remainder of your party at the same time as yours. Once you board, immediately go to the dining room and explain what is going on and ask to be placed at the same or adjacent tables (read they can be shoved together;)). I think that may be your best shot.

HTH

The issue likely is finding a table that seats at least 7 - that will be tough, but work with the host of the venue to get something. Get creative, like a table for 6 with a two top next to it - close enough. Your chances will also improve if you go real early (5:30) or late (after 8).

I feel your pain...I was trying to modify reservations for my group of 8 once entertainment started opening up :eek:, I couldn't find a time before 9 or 9:30 for a group my size.

What I would suggest you do is book a separate reservation for the remainder of your party at the same time as yours. Once you board, immediately go to the dining room and explain what is going on and ask to be placed at the same or adjacent tables (read they can be shoved together;)). I think that may be your best shot.

HTH

Good idea. If they are able to get a reservation for the same time, that will make it much easier to get them at least beside each other in the restaurant. They should book now though if the reservations they need are early because those seem to go first.

Seven doesn't seem like a big table compared to what I've seen and been seated at in the past on cruises...We had a ten top on a Disney (with smaller dining rooms) and we had an 8 top on Freedom (where half of our party didn't show once, so we had this giant table with 4 of us.) Bigger tables is what I think of as the norm (that said, I've never been on a Quantum class!)

I think the idea to have them try for same time/place reservations sounds like a best worst case scenario right now, I'll try today. I do feel like it might be hopeless though (half of our dining times are really late, though half are 5:45 and a 6...)

Wish me luck and thanks for the input!

So we can't get reservations at the same time for them. I would love input from anyone else who might see this and have suggestions. The options as I see them:

1. I cancel all of my existing reservations and re-reserve, basically all at 9pm which is late for my parents. This sounds like a great option to me, but I don't want my parents to feel like I'm swashbuckling them into a miserable late dinner just cause I took them on vacation all hostage-like. :p

2. I leave our reservations as is and beg them to add my parents to our table at the desk when we get on the ship which seems like a total crap shoot.

3. I banish the kids from dinner, send them to the windjammer (they're teens), and enjoy a quiet dinner each night with my husband and parents. I present this SORT OF tongue-in-cheek...but then again....(will they allow us to substitute guests at the table on the fly?)

4. I just have some more patience and hope reservations open back up?

So we can't get reservations at the same time for them. I would love input from anyone else who might see this and have suggestions. The options as I see them:

1. I cancel all of my existing reservations and re-reserve, basically all at 9pm which is late for my parents. This sounds like a great option to me, but I don't want my parents to feel like I'm swashbuckling them into a miserable late dinner just cause I took them on vacation all hostage-like. :p

2. I leave our reservations as is and beg them to add my parents to our table at the desk when we get on the ship which seems like a total crap shoot.

3. I banish the kids from dinner, send them to the windjammer (they're teens), and enjoy a quiet dinner each night with my husband and parents. I present this SORT OF tongue-in-cheek...but then again....(will they allow us to substitute guests at the table on the fly?)

4. I just have some more patience and hope reservations open back up?

I suggest taking your chance at Option 2. If it doesn't work out, take Option 3.

On the Anthem now and several times noticed the larger tables available compared to smaller tables, especially at the specialty restaurants. I think you will be okay. Get here early and connect with someone in guest services or one of the restaurants to revisit the various reservations. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

One more note to add.... If you can scoop up the specialty dining packages (great deal when purchased ahead of time if offered on your sailing), you can get open reservations for sure once you board the boat. Immediately go to one of the specialty restaurants, and they can setup your reservations upon boarding. We did this for our family of 3, as by the time we booked, most reservations were late in the evening. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app