New to NCL and ALASKA

naenae324

Hey Guys and Gals, I just got a few questions to ask. I hope you guys can answer and don't mind. This is our first NCL cruise and our first cruise to Alaska. We are sailing Sept 10th. So if anyone has a checklist of what to pack and must haves PLEASE help. It's me and my hubby. We are 49 and 55 yr young (on certain days)

Also anything you can let us know about NCL would be great- we have always been on Carnival. Also we are staying in 11082 mini suite mid ship...

Thank so much I love how Cruise Critics Help each other!

We got off the Jewel on Saturday.

Expect:

Warm in Seattle and Victoria (Shorts and T-shirts)

Icy Cold at the glacier (Coat, Head covering)

Cool and Rain at other ports (Light weight jacket, something to layer if it is cold, something waterproof if it is raining)

Hot Tubs, pools, spa? Bring swimwear

Pack

Camera

Binoculars for whale watching as you sale between ports

Power Strip (no surge protect) to charge the cameras and phones

Last week, we were in shorts and t-shirts on sea days. Dressed up just a little for the evenings.

We are also doing our first Alaska cruise and have been struggling a bit with what to pack. We're going for layers and bringing a little of everything :)

Just off the 8/7 sailing of the Pearl. Packing multi layers is your best bet. The coldest/rainiest weather we hit was in Seattle prior to the cruise, after the cruise it was beautiful sunny days. Glacier bay is always cold, it was misty the morning we were there, but cleared into a great day. Juneau was cold, warm, then cold in within a few hours depending on how the sun hit). Alaska is so beautiful-Mother Nature at her finest, but you can never predict mother nature either, so best to be prepared for any weather with layers. Binoculars were very helpful too.

Enjoy ( I know you will) and safe sailling

Edited by spidybabe

I beg to differ on previous posters thoughts on weather. Here's my take - expect the unexpected. Weather was supposed to be beautiful in Seattle. It wasn't. It was HOT. It was supposed to be in the 60's and raining in our Alaska ports. It only rained for about 30 minutes in Ketchikan. I even had to take my jacket off in Glacier Bay. Anyway, bring layers... bring a raincoat and umbrella and bring lots of cold weather clothes especially gloves. BTW, they have really nice jackets at the store beside the port in Ketchikan for low prices.