Getaway (Old School Technology ????)

hattack

The sit-down dining room is always less crowded than the buffet area. You can order off the menu and will be served by the wait-staff. The dailies will let you know which dining room and what days it is open.

Edited by nets33

are there dining venues that are less crowded for breakfast..would like to avoid the long line places...thanks

I love room service breakfast!! You can order it the night before, and in our experience, it came right on time. This is especially good on excursion days. We were in the Haven, so no charges, but anywhere else, I think it is $7.95. Even if I was not in the Haven, I would have ordered it some days.

There is a Spanish style buffet directly above the lido deck buffet that is really, really good! It is where the old Flamingo Grill was - it's half air-conditioned and half open air. I think it's deck 15, not sure. But they have a omelette station w generally no waiting and several goodies not found on the regular buffet. The guava cheese pastries are great and so is the flan at lunch time!I haven't been on the Getaway since May 2016 so this space may have changed but it's still a great place to escape the crowds!

There is a Spanish style buffet directly above the lido deck buffet that is really, really good! It is where the old Flamingo Grill was - it's half air-conditioned and half open air. I think it's deck 15, not sure. But they have a omelette station w generally no waiting and several goodies not found on the regular buffet. The guava cheese pastries are great and so is the flan at lunch time!I haven't been on the Getaway since May 2016 so this space may have changed but it's still a great place to escape the crowds!

In June 2016 it was still called Flamingo Grill on the dailies and such. It's deck 16. There's no a/c and I don't remember ever seeing an omelette station. (Are we talking about the Getaway?)

Edited by AdoraBelle

are there dining venues that are less crowded for breakfast..would like to avoid the long line places...thanks

Never had a line for breakfast on any ship. Just get up and go to eat early.

In June 2016 it was still called Flamingo Grill on the dailies and such. It's deck 16. There's no a/c and I don't remember ever seeing an omelette station. (Are we talking about the Getaway?)

Yes! The Getaway- nobody (staff) called it the Flamingo Grill though When I asked staff where the Flamingo Grill was, nobody knew what I was talking about! And now that you mention it, the ac flowed in from the door by the bar but it was mostly just covered/open air.. I wasn't sure about the deck number ;) Great place though! I am sorry to hear they are converting it. :eek:

good point about lunch...lol...for the past 6 years the Jazz Charter were on Carnival "Conquest"size ships (Freedom, Liberty, Valor) which was very easy to navigate with 3500 Jazz fans...this is our first sailing on NCL and the Getaway and it will be fully birthed at 4500+, so any tips regarding dining would be greatly appreciated

good point about lunch...lol...for the past 6 years the Jazz Charter were on Carnival "Conquest"size ships (Freedom, Liberty, Valor) which was very easy to navigate with 3500 Jazz fans...this is our first sailing on NCL and the Getaway and it will be fully birthed at 4500+, so any tips regarding dining would be greatly appreciated

We enjoy meeting our family and sitting in a quiet spot where breakfast was served and we could talk about the day. Don't remember if it was Savor or Taste that was open (same thing anyhow). We always had a good breakfast, it wasn't crowded and we didn't have to run around finding our food and a table. Nothing against the buffet. We actually liked it and used it a lot in the past, but this last cruise we totally enjoyed this. Tried Flamingo once, way too hot up there for us.