Corkage fee proof

Cabernetlover

Just be aware that in many cases, the wine check-in desk at embarkation doesn't have the stamp. (Lost maybe?).

So they usually try and write on the label in those cases.

It's a very good idea to bring your receipt to the MDR if this is the case, as the writing is not always easy to see and questioned by the waiter.

Just be aware that in many cases, the wine check-in desk at embarkation doesn't have the stamp. (Lost maybe?).

It's a very good idea to bring your receipt to the MDR if this is the case, as the writing is not always easy to see and questioned by the waiter.

That is really disappointing to read. I get so aggravated when "simple things" get messed up.

I am a bit curious, Scott, do you recall at which ports this has happened?

My guess, and, of course, this is only a guess, is that Princess knows that a lot of people are going to bring their own wine on California departures. I've departed from San Pedro and San Francisco, and they have always been prepared with the stickers. I see that you are located in Northern California, CabernetLover. So, if I assume you are departing from a California port, then I think your risk of Princess being unprepared at the wine desk is minimal.

Also, CabernetLover, after your cruise, please post your tasting notes here--bonus points if you post pics of the bottle(s). ;)

Our last half-dozen cruises were out of San Pedro, where they are always set up and stickers ready. If you ask, they will hand you the stickers so you can decide later what bottles are for consumption outside of your room.

Happened to us once in Southampton. Didn't know why since we were in a hurry to board. But it was resolved.

On our cruise out of San Pedro last December we were among the first through security and we had to wait at the wine check in table until someone found the stamp. On several dark labels the stamp couldn't be seen so they wrote on the label with a magic marker. Had no problem in the DR. In San Francisco a couple of years ago they used labels like those used for excursions. We had 8 bottles and they just gave us six labels to put on the bottles of our choice. That was convenient.

I have never been charged a corkage fee in the mdr or specialty restaurants, we only bring 2 bottles on a cruise. Just lucky I guess. I'm sure it will happen.

If you only bring two bottles (assuming you are double occupancy in your cabin), there would be no corkage fee, as each person of drinking age sailing gets to bring one bottle without charge of corkage.

If you only bring two bottles (assuming you are double occupancy in your cabin), there would be no corkage fee, as each person of drinking age sailing gets to bring one bottle without charge of corkage.

I'm talking about the mdr. your 2 bottles are subject to a charge when brought to the dinning room. If you drink in the room no charge.