Is something wrong with site?

taffy62

It seems to be the Android app on my phone.

I can read the posts on my phone through chrone .

I have deleted and re installed the app but it still isn't working.

Any suggestions on how to fix this please.

As using chrome version on a mobile is a pain as have to keep zooming in and moving page around :(

Having the exact same issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help. Only way to view on my phone is though Chrome version.

What is really weird is say if I go to other forums that are not the Aus/Nz forums the ads change.

Aus/nz forums Trip advisor/e bay

Princess.ncl/carnival etc etc /Cruise and overseas ads,mainly just cruise ads.

Spooky.

Clearing your cookies will help with that.

Clearing your cookies will help with that.

How do I clear cookies?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage

scroll down ,near bottom of page.

It's on the General Forum Usage page. Seems you just have to log out , instead of Automatic Log In (Remember Me). I have just tried it so I hope that will work.:)

If you clear the cookies, when you log back in, you will have to re-password and set remember me again.

That will clear all the little nasties for a while.

Ive found that even clicking on links, that people have posted here, that somehow a nasty will invade your P.C.

I'm very wary of clinking on posters links.

If you clear the cookies, when you log back in, you will have to re-password and set remember me again.

That will clear all the little nasties for a while.

Ive found that even clicking on links, that people have posted here, that somehow a nasty will invade your P.C.

I'm very wary of clinking on posters links.

That is correct, same with opening emails from an untrusted source, be wary.

• Administrators

So many different issues being discussed in this thread; I'll attempt to touch base on most:

• There is an issue with the FORUM APP for ANDROID users only. IPad and iPhone users are fine. We are working with the developer to fix this issue; no ETA at this time unfortunately.
  • We use a service that provides advertising feeds on the forums. This is a great article that explains why you are seeing the types of ads, that we haven't specifically said "show this to our users". http://techwelkin.com/why-do-i-see-same-ads-on-all-the-websites-all-the-time
  • Clearing all cookies is NOT a good idea. Many websites use cookies in a good way. For example, not showing you content you have already seen (like here on the forums when you revisit a thread) or timestamping information. If you must clear cookies, you need to learn how to clear the specific cookie in question for a website -- find instructions for the browser you are using.

Edited by LauraS

Thanks Laura.

My wife and I are going crazy....Android phones and tablets won't show posts. Heading out on Vista Med cruise 13th with dozens of CC thread friends - M&G's, CC&M, thread tours set up...and no Cruise Critic access.

We're going crazy!!!!

Bob

PS...This laptop works, but isn't going.

Edited by largoman
Add Stuff

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success. I have mini iPad and Galaxy 3. I can not look at roll calls from my phone. Comes up error....thread deleted by administration. What to do now. Everyone seems to have fixed it but me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success. I have mini iPad and Galaxy 3. I can not look at roll calls from my phone. Comes up error....thread deleted by administration. What to do now. Everyone seems to have fixed it but me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me. I logged in and it worked OK.:)