loss of FCD?

mrobstad

The NCL agent Ive used for years apparently left the company without cancelling a reservation I made in March and thought i cancelled shortly thereafter. Now I may lose my future cruise deposit! The agent I spoke to today is sending his supervisor an email.....hope this works!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The NCL agent Ive used for years apparently left the company without cancelling a reservation I made in March and thought i cancelled shortly thereafter. Now I may lose my future cruise deposit! The agent I spoke to today is sending his supervisor an email.....hope this works

Kinda sounds like you are trying to get out of a cruise you decided not to take. Otherwise, with at least $250 on the line, I don't understand why YOU didn't escalate this and speaks to a supervisor.

Good luck.

If you have records of e-mail or phone exchanges with the former PCC where you say you want to cancel and they say they will take care of it, I suppose they will refund your deposit. Although it was really your responsibility (and in your best interest) to make sure to get an official confirmation of the cancellation from NCL before the penalty period.

And have you really not logged into your NCL account since March? (Don't worry, they know if you've logged in or not.) Did you not notice that your reservation was still there, months after it should have disappeared?

Did you receive the e-mail at the beginning of July about the change in the beverage policy? That should also have been an indication to you that your booking had not been cancelled.

I think BirdTravels is on to something in suggesting that you actually decided much more recently to cancel this cruise…

No, i decided in April when my DIL told me she was expecting their first child in October.

My bad not knowing theres a penalty period. Despite the numerous emails, I assumed Alex, the NCL agent who left, took care of it. I also assumed that if you didnt make payments, you lose the reservation, like a courtesy hold.

Though deleted, Im sure I can retrieve the sent emails. Hope it doesnt come to that.....lesson learned.

No, i decided in April when my DIL told me she was expecting their first child in October.

My bad not knowing theres a penalty period. Despite the numerous emails, I assumed Alex, the NCL agent who left, took care of it. I also assumed that if you didnt make payments, you lose the reservation, like a courtesy hold.

Though deleted, Im sure I can retrieve the sent emails. Hope it doesnt come to that.....lesson learned.

Yes you do lose the reservation when you don't make payment as well as your deposit.

I think with NCL it will definitely come to that so I think you had better start digging up those emails.

Sounds like this is your first cruise since you said you didn't know there was a penalty period. Good luck with getting it resolved to your satisfaction but I don't think you will.

Bill

As hawkeyetlse noted, your email may save the day for you. Don't lose hope in finding it.

I also assumed that if you didnt make payments, you lose the reservation, like a courtesy hold.
A deposit is a payment, and a deposit paid by FCD is subject to the same refund/cancellation policy as if you paid your deposit by credit card. A lot of people don't realize this; hopefully your post will help them avoid making the same mistake.

The fact that your PCC left the company contributed to the problem, so they might decide to reinstate your FCD for that reason. Fingers crossed for you!

Sounds like this is your first cruise since you said you didn't know there was a penalty period. ...

Bill

You evidently have signatures turned off. The OP has SIXTEEN cruises listed in their signature, including four on NCL, so it boggles my mind that they didn't know about penalty periods, that if final payment isn't made on time, the cruise is cancelled AND the deposit is lost.

Edited by NMLady

If you have records of e-mail or phone exchanges with the former PCC where you say you want to cancel and they say they will take care of it, I suppose they will refund your deposit. Although it was really your responsibility (and in your best interest) to make sure to get an official confirmation of the cancellation from NCL before the penalty period.

And have you really not logged into your NCL account since March? (Don't worry, they know if you've logged in or not.) Did you not notice that your reservation was still there, months after it should have disappeared?

Did you receive the e-mail at the beginning of July about the change in the beverage policy? That should also have been an indication to you that your booking had not been cancelled.

I think BirdTravels is on to something in suggesting that you actually decided much more recently to cancel this cruise…

FYI, I have a cruise in October and have yet to receive any email regarding the beverage policy. 4 on our reservation have emails provided and none of us have gotten a letter. So I dont think I would use that as a reason for not realizing their reservation was active. Though it is entirely possible they didn't log in. However if they cancel it usually immediately they should have checked and verified that day.

Also I don't think NCL would cancel someone's deposited reservation without attempting to contact them (for example right after final payment to say "last chance to pay in full and avoid losing your booking (and your deposit), please call us right now"). But I have not been in that situation.

Yes, I just received a letter causing me to think my PCC did not cancel the cruise back in April. He was always so efficient, I had no reason to go to myncl and check. As someone noted, Im a frequent cruiser and have used NCL often, but penalty periods etc are all new to me. If I lose my deposit, its an expensive lesson to learn, but I wish , when Alex left, that I had been assigned soneone new and they sent an introduction.....RCCL did that.....

FYI, I have a cruise in October and have yet to receive any email regarding the beverage policy. 4 on our reservation have emails provided and none of us have gotten a letter. So I dont think I would use that as a reason for not realizing their reservation was active.

Same here. I have three NCL cruises booked and have not received notification. It's on my edocs though.

OP, as you said, it's an expensive lesson to learn. I put a little less trust in others and would have been checking on it myself--I've been told many times by various customer service reps they would do something but then never followed through. Good luck finding an email trail; I would think that's your best hope!

A NCL cruise consultant i called after i got the last letter forwarded my story to his supervisor. Today he called and asked for the sent emails, which i often delete.....fortunately, i have emails going back to April asking Alex to cancel cruise due to grandchilds impending birth. I must have contacted my former PCC at least ten times! Hope this works!

A NCL cruise consultant i called after i got the last letter forwarded my story to his supervisor. Today he called and asked for the sent emails, which i often delete.....fortunately, i have emails going back to April asking Alex to cancel cruise due to grandchilds impending birth. I must have contacted my former PCC at least ten times! Hope this works!

10 emails with none in reply confirming the cancellation since April? I would have been suspicious long before despite not being aware of a penalty period.

I hope they work it out for you.

Just wanted to let you know that, after forwarding several emails, my cruise deposit/reward was returned! Happy ending! The bonus is I have a new PCC who seems great!

Thanks fir your support, fellow CC members!

Great news! Glad this worked out for you!