Sorry confused about the new beverage package eff 9-6-16?

shelby2002

Hi there.

It seems that there’s been some chatter about our enhanced Beverage Packages. Here are the highlights:

Our new offerings have been simplified into the Deluxe Beverage Package, the Refreshment Package, and the Classic Soda Package. These packages were launched onboard as of September 06, 2016. Please use the link below for more info on what each packages includes.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

We’ll be grandfathering in our guests that have already purchased the Select Package, or that have the package included in their cruise. Please review the points below:

- Guests with a Select Package will have the opportunity to upgrade onboard to the Deluxe Package at the special rate of $10pp per day, plus 18% gratuities

- Guests with the Premium and Ultimate Packages will be automatically upgraded to the new Deluxe Package at no extra cost

- Replenish Package is being replaced by the Refreshment Package and our Evian Water Package remains unchanged

We hope this answers many of the questions out there.

Nice to see an official, public confirmation. Thank you :)

Now exactly why could you have not done this and posted information that we can count on earlier. :eek:

Hi there.

It seems that there’s been some chatter about our enhanced Beverage Packages. Here are the highlights:

Our new offerings have been simplified into the Deluxe Beverage Package, the Refreshment Package, and the Classic Soda Package. These packages were launched onboard as of September 06, 2016. Please use the link below for more info on what each packages includes.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

We’ll be grandfathering in our guests that have already purchased the Select Package, or that have the package included in their cruise. Please review the points below:

- Guests with a Select Package will have the opportunity to upgrade onboard to the Deluxe Package at the special rate of $10pp per day, plus 18% gratuities

- Guests with the Premium and Ultimate Packages will be automatically upgraded to the new Deluxe Package at no extra cost

- Replenish Package is being replaced by the Refreshment Package and our Evian Water Package remains unchanged

Is there any difference between the former Ultimate package and the new Deluxe package other than the inclusion of Starbucks? The Ultimate and Deluxe are the same price for my sailing so I'm thinking of cancelling the Ultimate and booking the Deluxe rather than waiting for Royal to make the change (I like certainty). I don't know if any downsides have been raised. If this has already been covered in this thread then sorry (but still want to know the answer).

best just ignore her and she may go away (a bit like we ignore tanturms in children so as not to pander to them) lol

I told you not to feed the troll :D. She has zero skin in the game so why she's got her panties in a wad about this is beyond me.

I do have a question tho, I keep reading about the "Brits" but I got the select package with my cruise and I am in Texas. Was the promotion I got primarily targeted for the UK? Just curious.

And also, I sent emails to 3 different entities one being Bayley (thanks to you) and made several phone calls netting different answers including 2 people at Royal who told me I couldn't even upgrade to the new package from select since select would no longer exist and that's what really had me upset because if I outright bought the new package, I'd lose the benefit of the select one which was a big reason we booked this cruise - The package and the OBC.

I lost some sleep over the weekend over this so I am very glad that they did the right thing. Whether it was a legal issue or not, for customer service it was the right thing to do especially since the people who had the premium package were getting a free upgrade. I slept better last night :)

Is there any difference between the former Ultimate package and the new Deluxe package other than the inclusion of Starbucks? The Ultimate and Deluxe are the same price for my sailing so I'm thinking of cancelling the Ultimate and booking the Deluxe rather than waiting for Royal to make the change (I like certainty). I don't know if any downsides have been raised. If this has already been covered in this thread then sorry (but still want to know the answer).

Fresh squeezed juice too. Sparkling water, was that on the old package? They'll upgrade your ultimate to deluxe so don't bother. I'm actually happy about the coffee because I wouldn't have paid more for the package that included it but wouldn't mind having an occasional espresso.

I told you not to feed the troll :D. She has zero skin in the game so why she's got her panties in a wad about this is beyond me.

I do have a question tho, I keep reading about the "Brits" but I got the select package with my cruise and I am in Texas. Was the promotion I got primarily targeted for the UK? Just curious.

And also, I sent emails to 3 different entities one being Bayley (thanks to you) and made several phone calls netting different answers including 2 people at Royal who told me I couldn't even upgrade to the new package from select since select would no longer exist and that's what really had me upset because if I outright bought the new package, I'd lose the benefit of the select one which was a big reason we booked this cruise - The package and the OBC.

I lost some sleep over the weekend over this so I am very glad that they did the right thing. Whether it was a legal issue or not, for customer service it was the right thing to do especially since the people who had the premium package were getting a free upgrade. I slept better last night :)

I love how you keep saying you booked this cruise because of the free drinks package even though I've already proven you didn't even know you got it when you booked (check your old posts where you started your own thread about it back in February). [emoji57]

But you're right, I have no dog in this "fight," and am actually glad that for once Royal actually stepped up and made things clear. Seems with the beverage package changes, their PR is on the upswing, as everyone who purchased (or wants to purchase) an alcohol package is getting a better deal and more value out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I got this reply from royal about the upgrade if you have premium. By the way, not complaining, just playing the game. So "what does it matter" does not come into play here. Just planning and seeing if I need to make changes. Someone else had the same question. I hope this reaches them.

@RoyalCaribbean If Premium package is upgraded to Deluxe, will that change show up in our cruse planner history for verification? Thanks!

Royal Caribbean ‏@RoyalCaribbean 15m15 minutes ago

@gibby937 Hi Brian, it will not show on Cruise Planners as Deluxe. Premium packages will automatically be honored onboard as Deluxe.

I'd suggest checking your cruise planner to see how much the Deluxe is being sold for on your particular cruise. If it's cheaper it would be worth cancelling and rebooking (or calling to ask for the difference in a refund). Some people have reported the deluxe price is cheaper than they paid for the ultimate. On my cruise it is listed for $46 (not including the 18% and mine is not on sale for 20% off, but it is still cheaper than the $55+ some were paying for the ultimate).

I love how you keep saying you booked this cruise because of the free drinks package even though I've already proven you didn't even know you got it when you booked (check your old posts where you started your own thread about it back in February). [emoji57]

Wrong again, I knew I got it. What I didn't know was what the cost to upgrade it was. I did book it based on the select package and the OBC. But thanks for stalking me anyway, makes me feel special!

I'd suggest checking your cruise planner to see how much the Deluxe is being sold for on your particular cruise. If it's cheaper it would be worth cancelling and rebooking (or calling to ask for the difference in a refund). Some people have reported the deluxe price is cheaper than they paid for the ultimate. On my cruise it is listed for $46 (not including the 18% and mine is not on sale for 20% off, but it is still cheaper than the $55+ some were paying for the ultimate).

Check your pricing, especially Canadians!

We are booked in December on the Ovation's inaugural cruise from Sydney to New Zealand (15 nights). Yesterday I cancelled 2 Premium packages I had purchased in June at AUD73pp/day (including grats and 20% Discount). The Deluxe package is now AUD69.05 pp/day (including grats and 20% Discount). I have saved $225. :)

Possibly some fluctuation in the drink price cap with the new package. Someone in a Periscope recently (maybe 2-3 weeks ago) showed the sheet for the drink package and it indicated a $13 cap on drink price (which was an increase from recent cruises). This package has it back at $12. But then maybe that cruise was a test to see what that change would do to the bottom line before they officially rolled out these new packages.

I got this reply from royal about the upgrade if you have premium. By the way, not complaining, just playing the game. So "what does it matter" does not come into play here. Just planning and seeing if I need to make changes. Someone else had the same question. I hope this reaches them.

@RoyalCaribbean If Premium package is upgraded to Deluxe, will that change show up in our cruse planner history for verification? Thanks!

Royal Caribbean ‏@RoyalCaribbean 15m15 minutes ago

@gibby937 Hi Brian, it will not show on Cruise Planners as Deluxe. Premium packages will automatically be honored onboard as Deluxe.

In response to this, I just signed into my cruise planner and miraculously the deluxe drinks package is showing up as purchased. We originally paid for the premium package and that never showed up on the cruise planner, only on travel agent invoice, but Im delighted to see the deluxe package now showing up on our booking :D so they are definitely upgrading premium to deluxe at no extra charge

In response to this, I just signed into my cruise planner and miraculously the deluxe drinks package is showing up as purchased. We originally paid for the premium package and that never showed up on the cruise planner, only on travel agent invoice, but Im delighted to see the deluxe package now showing up on our booking :D so they are definitely upgrading premium to deluxe at no extra charge

As I've said elsewhere it's not really an "upgrade" as far as price since I believe the undiscounted price of the premium was $57 a day and the undiscounted price of the new Deluxe is $55. But an upgrade in what you get with the package indeed.

That's what I did. Saved just under $12...not a big difference, but I'll take it!

Hi there.

You titled your post 'enhanced beverage package' ... can you please explain what has been 'enhanced' with the change from replenish to refreshment? Except for the price. Because they look identical to me except the new one is more than $10 a day more expensive.

You titled your post 'enhanced beverage package' ... can you please explain what has been 'enhanced' with the change from replenish to refreshment? Except for the price. Because they look identical to me except the new one is more than $10 a day more expensive.

Agreed, I usually get this package but it's now $41 (Australian dollars) per day and I don't really see value in that

Hi there.

The price hike on the Refreshment package is a bit much and for my cruise 12nt Baltic a 24 pack of water is $82!!!! Really? That is insane.

From the link from RCCL post above, when you go to it and then click on more information on any of the packages it takes you to this link. Interesting that no prices are listed on this one.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/new-beverage-flyer-general.pdf

Looks like they removed the prices for the US version of the flyer.

Edited by clarea

Do you have to get the package for the whole trip ?

If you purchase pre-cruise, it will be for the entire trip.

If you purchase onboard, there must be at least 4 days left in the cruise and it must last until the end of the cruise.