How much to add guests to HMC cabana ?

Kel040

Can we invite 2 guests to join the 4 of us already booked in a cabana ??

I've been searching through the different HMC threads and can't seem to find anything.

We do not need extra pop snacks or water, what comes for the 4 is plenty for the 6 of us, but I was wondering if there is any rules (or charge) regarding additional people in the cabana ??

Thanks in advance

Kelly :)

Edited by Kel040

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/half-moon-cay/cabana-rental-420026

Specifically:

Price listed is per cabana, (not per person) and good for up to 4 persons, therefore only one person needs to book. For groups with more than 4 guests, an 'extra person surcharge' for the Cabana rental must be purchased for guests 5 & 6 (a maximum of 6 guests per cabana). Housekeeping will begin cleaning 1.5 hours before departure.

It cost us $50 to add 2 extra people at the end of August. I recommend not "adding" any additional guests. I accidentally mentioned my extra guests when choosing my cabana and they added the extra fees. Nobody is going to count the people in your cabana...u just won't have snorkle gear for them and a few less sodas (which we didn't even come close to finishing). The only perk would be that they can get off on either the first or second tender. I would all be careful to not mention extra guests in the future. Total waste of money for us.

I know they use to come and count how many were in the cabanas off and on during the day, they did the day we were there, not sure if they still do that or not. But if you have 6 in there for the day don't be surprised if you see a charge on your account. If some pop in and out you shouldn't see it. It's designed to keep the cabana area from getting over crowded and lets face it, Carnival wants their money if people are going to be there. Why wouldn't they.

Shouldn't honesty and integrity mean something? Especially in DC

If the only charge is $50,,, WTH? $50 is chump change if you vacation of choice is a cruise.

You know, you're right. I guess I'm just bitter because Carnival caught all my smuggled liquor.

Fyi- DC is not known for it's honesty or integrity.

Thanks everyone for you input.

The cabana is rented under my name, it was $ 229.00 (I've read in other threads that the price has gone up). Since we will be splitting the cost 6 ways, an extra $ 50.00 is not that bad.

The cabanas are made for four people. It would be kind of crowded if all six of you decided to be in the cabana at the same time. However, if two or three of you were in lounge chairs in front of the cabana, no one would know you're sharing it. ;)

Thanks everyone for you input.

The cabana is rented under my name, it was $ 229.00 (I've read in other threads that the price has gone up). Since we will be splitting the cost 6 ways, an extra $ 50.00 is not that bad.

Splitting cost 6 ways means each one had a savings. Well done!:)

It cost us $50 to add 2 extra people at the end of August. I recommend not "adding" any additional guests. I accidentally mentioned my extra guests when choosing my cabana and they added the extra fees. Nobody is going to count the people in your cabana...u just won't have snorkle gear for them and a few less sodas (which we didn't even come close to finishing). The only perk would be that they can get off on either the first or second tender. I would all be careful to not mention extra guests in the future. Total waste of money for us.

so, to make sure i understand this correctly, your recommendation is to steal. :confused: :eek:

The cabanas are made for four people. It would be kind of crowded if all six of you decided to be in the cabana at the same time. However, if two or three of you were in lounge chairs in front of the cabana, no one would know you're sharing it. ;)

are you sure you don't live in the dc area as well. :p

Yes, we plan on claiming the lounge chairs in front of cabana and I'm sure we will be in and out of water too, throughout the day. :)

Last time we were at HMC we had a cabana too but it was just DH and I and my teenage DD and her BFF who spent most of the time either in the water or in a lounge chair on the beach. This cruise, no kids ! :cool:

I find this such an odd policy. It wouldn't even occur to me that Carnival would impose any restriction on the amount of people that could hang out in the cabana, so long as the supplies are kept at a finite amount. I mean, is there really anyone who uses the interior of the cabana other than to fix a drink? It always seems to me that folks who rent them spend the majority of their time hanging out in lounge chairs in front. I could even understand if they had bathrooms, but seriously, it's almost as silly as restricting the number of people that can share a clamshell. It's a good thing that I never rented one, because if DH and I were chatting with another couple and chose to share the overhang and then received an adjustment to our Sign and Sail, I'd be pretty annoyed.