Packing your own beach towels

Buckimion

I realize that Carnival supplies towels to each room for use at the pool and HMC, but does anyone pack their own beach towels for whatever reason, simply because it is theirs or not to have to keep track of Carnival's towels?

Yes we pack a couple.

Your choice... Carnival has very nice towels; if you lose them though they will charge you FYI :(

That is the primary reason I'm considering packing our own. :cool: I'm already a type "A" and one less thing to actually be paranoid about is just what the doctor ordered.

Yes I take my own. I buy the cheap $4 beach towels, they are thin, don't take up much room at all and I toss them in the bag that has the soda in it. That way if they get stolen at the beach it's no big deal. I am not going to the spend the day keeping an eye on my towel and yes people will steal a carnival towel, no they aren't going around stealing all of them but it happens and I'm not getting stuck paying for their over priced towels if someone loses theirs and takes mine as a replacement or someone just wants a pretty blue Carnival towel.

Heck for $4 if it gets filthy it can be tossed. If it gets stolen, no big deal either.

Edited by poobears

I take a couple of the Walmart 3.88 ones...they are so thin anyway I can take up very little space rolling them up and taking them with. With what Carnival charges for one of their "special" blue towels I can bring and lose 7 of the walmart towels. I just don't feel like paying for an overpriced towel ...

I realize that Carnival supplies towels to each room for use at the pool and HMC, but does anyone pack their own beach towels for whatever reason, simply because it is theirs or not to have to keep track of Carnival's towels?

I have been on 4 cruises, have been on beach excursions, kayaking, jet skiing, snorkeling, etc and have never taken or used even one beach towel. But it was during the summer and you dry off very quickly. On the ship I go to the Spa a lot, and they have more than enough towels to use that you are not responsible for.

Edited by Badfinger

hi there

We have vacationed around the world for many years, including many cruises, not to mention local beaches and pools, and have never lost a towel.

I guess there might be someone out there that has their eye on our towel but that would be very low on my concerns at the beach. Cruise lines and hotels provide a very nice service by supplying clean towels for our daily use and I just can't imagine packing them.

have a great cruise

Last time we took our own cuz I didn't want to worry someone else would loose theirs and take one of our blue ones. This time, I'm thinking, since there are unlimited white towels available at the gym/spa, why not just take these to the beach and leave the overpriced blue towel in the room? Won't have to pack my own , and won't need to keep an eye on the blue one.

Never even thought of packing my own towel. On the last cruise I just came off, they had a bin for dirty towels and a bin for clean ones. No one was watching to see if you took the same number you put in the dirty bin. I'm sure if you really lost one it would have been easy enough to get a replacement without anyone knowing.

Hubby and I bought a couple microfiber towels at REI. They're solid color and I put them into our carry-ons that we stow under the plane seats in front of us. They provide lightweight cover on chilly flights (and I know they are clean and unused by others). They are great beach towels, sand shakes right out easily. Fast drying and resistant to smells. (I've actually washed them in the shower and let them drip dry overnight.) The ones we bought can be rolled up and stored in the accompanying case that came with them.

I've always taken the same old towel with me. It's old and thin so packing it is not a problem. I do it mostly to make it easy to find my chair on a crowded beach or around the pool. My old towel is getting ready to go on its 14th cruise in a few weeks..... but is going to have to retire soon :eek:

I'm going to bring a couple of cheap, thin beach towels next time. The Carnival ones are great, and I'm not that worried about them being lost or stolen, but....they're very thick, and take up a lot of room in my beach bag. I'll use the Carnival towels while onboard, but I'll take my thin ones ashore with me.

Edited by terri-eddie

No never, we use the ships towels.