Weather on New England/Canada cruise

happy77

Just wondering if anyone is currently on a New England/Canada cruise and what the weather is. Wondering if in Newfoundland it will be jeans or capris. We are leaving on the Rotterdam this Sat, the 10th out of Boston. I think I'm going to have to pack for warm and chilly both. Any responses would be great.

I think you would be best advised to plan for both, but err on the side of lighter clothes.

I have done this cruise twice, both in early September and later. Additionally, lived in Maine for 8 years. The weather can be quite tricky this time of year. Be prepared for chilly rains AND for pleasant, warm, sunny weather.

Umbrella, warm (but not really) jacket, both slacks/chinos etc. Warm sweaters are essential if going outside the skin of the ship for a stroll.

Don't ANALhaze over it, just be prepared.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. :D

What I do is look at the various weather sites and plug-in the different cities's future forecast that will be on your cruise. Last year when we did our eastbound cruise late September, the weather in Quebec was in the 70's and mid 50's by Bar Harbor.

We have done this cruise several time and the weather is all over the board. We have had wonderful sunny days, stormy warm days when we skip a port, very cold raining days, and then just plain cold days - all in October.

As previously mentioned, best advice is pack for both unfortunately.

harry

Just wondering if anyone is currently on a New England/Canada cruise and what the weather is. Wondering if in Newfoundland it will be jeans or capris. We are leaving on the Rotterdam this Sat, the 10th out of Boston. I think I'm going to have to pack for warm and chilly both. Any responses would be great.

As this cruise doesn't visit Newfoundland, I wouldn't be overly concerned with the weather there. :)

We did the same cruise last year on the Maasdam. Some days I wore shorts and a t-shirt, other days jeans, long-sleeved shirt and a sweater. Plus rain gear in Bar Harbor! Dress in layers and be prepared for a mix of weather conditions.

What I do is look at the various weather sites and plug-in the different cities's future forecast that will be on your cruise. Last year when we did our eastbound cruise late September, the weather in Quebec was in the 70's and mid 50's by Bar Harbor.

That's what we do too. Aside from the temps, we check the probability of rain. Almost always, actual was near forecast.

It is hot and efry humid in Bostdon toay and presdierctedf to dgtay hotyy. rttinhb otyhn jeran ns and a capri, IMO. I have done that cruise many times this time period and work cvapris and long co tton pantr fof days.

Edited by sail7seas

For what it's worth, it is unusually hot here in New Brunswick. It could be summer :) and a hot one at that. Unseasonably hot.

Do pack for everything, but if this weather holds, it will be very pleasant and too humid, possibly.