Emerald 28 day-Int.R403 or OBV E631-$856 difference - THOUGHTS??

FlorenceItaly

This is for a 28 day March Hawaii/Tahiti cruise on the Emerald. I am conflicted because I do like the location of the Interior on the Riviera deck, and it is rumored to be a bit bigger than your typical inside. I think it is due to the layout. The size, location, and price appeals to me.

The obstructed view cabin is one of the better obstructed views with only a slight obstruction which looks like cables hanging. The window/natural light appeals to me.

The price difference is $856 TOTAL. Also, I am wondering if perhaps being in an obstruction view I MAY have an opportunity for an UPSELL to a balcony? This is PURE speculation, that I am NOT counting on.

Any feedback on Riviera Deck mid verus Emerald Deck AFT. We are walkers so that is not a concern.

We have traveled in insides/outsides/balconies. For this sailing, an inside or an obstructed view is what is in our price point. Thank you for any feedback you can give. I currently have R403 booked, and E631 on hold. E631 and E630 are the only ones available that are not really obstructed or slight obstruction is what I would consider E630/E631.

THANKS AGAIN!

Marie

There is no good way to predict the chance of an upgrade or upsell. That will depend on how full the ship ultimately becomes.

My thinking is that for a 28 night cruise, you MIGHT appreciate the natural light. But then, I just did 20 nights in an inside. It really depends on how much time you spend in your cabin. We didn't have an issue with the inside.

Keep the inside and use your savings for the grats...unless this sailing is one of the ones on the Three for Free. :D

It is. Free grats! It is on your sailing :). It IS a lot of cocktail money, lol. Another consideration is Emerald Deck VS Riviera Deck.

Thanks, ALL. Keep it coming!

You are aware that Riviera deck is just below the Lido deck, so there is a possibility of Noise. My recommendation is for the natural light of the OV. Cabin E631 is a nice location IMHO. For me 28 days is too long to be "in that darkness" of an inside.

I am repeating this cruise I did in Oct 2014 in Oct 2017 and have booked an OV. On my 2014 cruise there were upsells to be had, but not much, if any in the way of "Free" upgrades. I did an upsell and I was soooooooo happy I did. This is a very popular cruise.

BTW, This is a fantastic cruise!!!!

• 2 years later...

Hi FlorenceItaly. We are looking at Booking the E631 cabin on Emerald Princess for a cruise of the med in Sept 2019

Are you able to tell us how obstructed the view was ? 

We found this online, but just want to confirm that its the same cabin.
https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Emerald-Princess&cabin=E631

Thanks

2 hours ago, RHNZ1 said:

Hi FlorenceItaly. We are looking at Booking the E631 cabin on Emerald Princess for a cruise of the med in Sept 2019

Are you able to tell us how obstructed the view was ? 

We found this online, but just want to confirm that its the same cabin.
https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Emerald-Princess&cabin=E631

Thanks

You do realize this is a thread from 2016 and the OP is hardly likely to see your post? Obstructed view pictures are available on Renmar's Site. Here is a picture of the view out the window of E631 on Emerald Princess.

image.png.7205b5167b192104e4b924e92f38a0f4.png

Thanks for the heads up and the link . Im a noob on this site.

I realised afterwards what you just said, and contacted FlorenceItaly direct.

She repied, and said she didnt end up going on this cruise / that cabin

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. Cruise critic is great. And cruising !!!

Bon Voyage 😉

On 9/6/2016 at 5:34 PM, FlorenceItaly said:

This is for a 28 day March Hawaii/Tahiti cruise on the Emerald. I am conflicted because I do like the location of the Interior on the Riviera deck, and it is rumored to be a bit bigger than your typical inside. I think it is due to the layout. The size, location, and price appeals to me.

The obstructed view cabin is one of the better obstructed views with only a slight obstruction which looks like cables hanging. The window/natural light appeals to me.

The price difference is $856 TOTAL. Also, I am wondering if perhaps being in an obstruction view I MAY have an opportunity for an UPSELL to a balcony? This is PURE speculation, that I am NOT counting on.

Any feedback on Riviera Deck mid verus Emerald Deck AFT. We are walkers so that is not a concern.

We have traveled in insides/outsides/balconies. For this sailing, an inside or an obstructed view is what is in our price point. Thank you for any feedback you can give. I currently have R403 booked, and E631 on hold. E631 and E630 are the only ones available that are not really obstructed or slight obstruction is what I would consider E630/E631.

THANKS AGAIN!

Marie

We have done that cruise in an ocean view obstructed and it was excellent. Nice to have the sunlight and to be able to see a bit of view from the window. We spent most of our time on deck. 

The second time we did that cruise we had a balcony and to be honest I would have been fine without it. We have never done an inside, but I imagine it would be fine too. You just spend more time on deck and use your room for sleeping and dressing. I wouldn’t care if having either room meant we could take that cruise as it wasn’t fantastic and worth every penny! 

ENJOY, whichever you chose.

Edited by Cruisa Loosa