Luggage tags

Starlaker

We were recently upgraded for our cruise that starts on 27 September. Our luggage tags are still for the previous cabin. Will we get new luggage tags before we go?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I want to assure there won't be a problem if you're only in possession of the old tags. You can make a simple fix that will get your luggage to the right place: Paste a small piece of paper over the place on your tags where the stateroom number is now printed and write the new number on that paper. I've even attached a photograph of an Oceania luggage tag.

Yes, you can get a replacement tag at the pier, but you'll likely have to wait until the one luggage handler who has the replacement tags can be located and, even then, he'll only write the information in pen on the tags. Dealing with this at home will let you write the numbers in bold marker.

Plenty of cruisers have been without tags entirely and they've made perfectly functional substitutes by writing their name, ship name, sail date, and stateroom number on their home made version.

1272724690_OceaniaLuggageTags.jpg.0c29dc01733a6c9018cf2ddd00093163.jpg

You may. It looks like there could be enough time.

We downgraded about a month out before our June 25th cruise from CPH. We'd received our original luggage tags some time earlier.

What we did receive was BLANK luggage tags so that we could write in the new room number. They weren't pre-printed as the first one had been.

If you have a TA, ask him/her to see that you get new tags.

Otherwise, you can just arrive at the ship and tell them your new room. Many people with guarantees have arrived at the ship without luggage tags.

(Pet Nit Noy, I have to admit I never thought of just covering over the old number! We should have done that ... it would be much clearer than handwriting in the new info on a blank luggage tag!)

Mura