What was your favorite itinerary?

Reader0108598

Do you really base your selection of a cruise based on other people's likes & dislikes?

Sometimes, if enough people absolutely hated a place ,why would I want to go there?

Most of the time No, I do not. After 26 cruises I can make up my own mind.

I would like to branch out and am interested in others travels .

This is a forum to discuss cruises ,correct?

Reader

Wow, that was kind of uncalled for....I don't think you were trying to be mean but that is how it came across. At least for me.

I personally love hearing about other peoples travels, it's why people write and read reviews. I thought I would love a British Isles cruise, but after reading tons of reviews I now realize that that would not be a cruise for me while I am still working. Way too port intensive and I would need another vacation after I get back just to relax.

:D That's all just:D

I agree with geoherb about the Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale. I posted above that my very favorite Nov. cruise was Venice to Ft. Lauderdale. My 2nd favorite was a 12 day Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale that began Oct. 22 and ended Nov. 2. We saw beautiful ports, lots of history, changing foliage, mansions, ate Maine lobster,and lots more. We actually enjoy lots of sea days, but if you don't particularly like them, this cruise is a good one. Mostly port days. Good luck and have fun deciding. :)

Thank you everyone you are wonderful, I have so much to research thanks to most of you :)

Reader

I see somebody is being grumpy again. Ignore.

I love a transatlantic cruise. Southampton to NYC. Then again I like every cruise I've ever been on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with geoherb about the Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale. I posted above that my very favorite Nov. cruise was Venice to Ft. Lauderdale. My 2nd favorite was a 12 day Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale that began Oct. 22 and ended Nov. 2. We saw beautiful ports, lots of history, changing foliage, mansions, ate Maine lobster,and lots more. We actually enjoy lots of sea days, but if you don't particularly like them, this cruise is a good one. Mostly port days. Good luck and have fun deciding. :)

Great suggestion geoherb &1965,

While I love sea days, hubby not so much...lol

Since this cruise is all about him ,I will look into this one :D

Reader

How about a fall Europe or transatlantic cruise? It would be super romantic and fun. Now that I have read the whole thread, I would say a trans Atlantic would not be a good option for your husband, since he doesn't like CDs. Princess usually still has at least one ship in Europe in November though. Don't be intimidated by planning travel to Europe. Take it as an opportunity to have an awesome next year planning and researching. It's so fun and worth every minute. I prefer to book flex airfare through princess until final payment. At that time if princess still has the best price, I go with them. If I can book independently at a better rate, I will do that. There is security and booking through princess in case of delays. Princess has an excellent flight program.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How about a fall Europe or transatlantic cruise? It would be super romantic and fun. Now that I have read the whole thread, I would say a trans Atlantic would not be a good option for your husband, since he doesn't like CDs. Princess usually still has at least one ship in Europe in November though. Don't be intimidated by planning travel to Europe. Take it as an opportunity to have an awesome next year planning and researching. It's so fun and worth every minute. I prefer to book flex airfare through princess until final payment. At that time if princess still has the best price, I go with them. If I can book independently at a better rate, I will do that. There is security and booking through princess in case of delays. Princess has an excellent flight program.

Thank you, cruisequeen4ever, Very helpful post:)

Reader

I definitely agree with cruisequeen4ever about using Princess EZair, flexible flight. I find them to be consistently cheaper than booking flights on my own, and as she wrote, if the airfare gets cheaper, you are able to rebook without any fee or penalty. For our last cruise the airfare went down 3 times I believe. I was able to take advantage each time through the EZair program.

There have been some good suggestions. As most have stated, November is a hard month regarding cruises. I realize you were looking at staying with Princess, but have you thought about trying a river cruise? We did a European river cruise to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Like you, I wanted something different and special, and as our anniversary is in December I was struggling finding the something "special." I had thought about the Tahiti cruise, but the airfare was astronomical, and DH didn't relish the thought of a 12 hour flight. We did a Christmas Markets cruise on the Danube, and it was truly magical and special.

If all else fails you could stay with the Caribbean, and "Upgrade" the experience. DH's 60th birthday is actually in January, but we are going on a cruise in December to the Caribbean. To make it special I booked a suite, upgraded us to business class for our air, and we are staying at a nicer hotel then we would normally in Miami. I am even planning on having a limo pick us up to take us to the airport.

Whatever you decide I am sure you will enjoy yourself. Happy Planning!

Our favorite Nov. cruise so far-Venice to Ft. Lauderdale. It was a 19 day cruise. There were 8 ports and 6 days crossing the Atlantic at end of cruise. Venice, Dubrovnik, Salerno, Civitavecchia(Rome), Liverno(Florence/Pisa), Toulon, Barcelona, the Azores, then a 6 day crossing. :)

I agree, love a TA cruise in the fall... we are doing the Royal from Barcelona, one of my favorite cities, to Ft Lauderdale in oct 2017.

There have been some good suggestions. As most have stated, November is a hard month regarding cruises. I realize you were looking at staying with Princess, but have you thought about trying a river cruise? We did a European river cruise to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Like you, I wanted something different and special, and as our anniversary is in December I was struggling finding the something "special." I had thought about the Tahiti cruise, but the airfare was astronomical, and DH didn't relish the thought of a 12 hour flight. We did a Christmas Markets cruise on the Danube, and it was truly magical and special.

If all else fails you could stay with the Caribbean, and "Upgrade" the experience. DH's 60th birthday is actually in January, but we are going on a cruise in December to the Caribbean. To make it special I booked a suite, upgraded us to business class for our air, and we are staying at a nicer hotel then we would normally in Miami. I am even planning on having a limo pick us up to take us to the airport.

Whatever you decide I am sure you will enjoy yourself. Happy Planning!

Rosethorn40

Thank you for your in depth post! WOW :) You have given me choices, I so appreciate :)

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

I definitely agree with cruisequeen4ever about using Princess EZair, flexible flight. I find them to be consistently cheaper than booking flights on my own, and as she wrote, if the airfare gets cheaper, you are able to rebook without any fee or penalty. For our last cruise the airfare went down 3 times I believe. I was able to take advantage each time through the EZair program.

I did not know that 1965...thanks :D

So frustrating when you book your air and then it goes down:(

Reader