Tipping

Mary49

auto tips. i don't pre-pay, they will post to your account while onboard automatically (i don't need something else to do up front). i've never touched them.

i pay additional tips to those deserving depending. i tend to leave room steward a few 'extra' especially with notes (like please make sure to keep ice, etc.) or give it to them when i make any requests, give bar servers tips at the point of service, and extra to dining room servers etc. during the course of the cruise too.

Do you guys pay tips before your cruise or wait until the last day of your cruise? Thanks for info. Mary49

We've done it both ways, but it didn't seem to make any difference in the service we've received. If you don't want to prepay the gratuities, and don't want to leave it on your S&S bill, pay it off with gift cards on the last night of your cruise. Then the charge won't be on your credit card bill. ;)

I don't prepay. I feel like that defeats the purpose of it being a tip for good service, which comes after the service is rendered. It needs to be earned. So far, they have always more than earned it, so I have also tipped extra in cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Upfront and add more in cash at end for exceptional service.

Karen - I love to Travel

12/2016 ~ Carnival Splendor So. Caribbean

9/2016 ~ Gate 1 Russian River Cruise

7/2015 ~ Carnival Legends Alaska

Edited by kbs19

How do you pre-pay the tips for only one passenger before the ailing? Do not want to end up paying for both of us!

MARAPRINCE

I just checked my upcoming cruise. I'm alone in a balcony. My tips are $77.70. I don't even know what the rate is per day for each person.

Just checked, only for one person.

Edited by Melozone