Carnival Ships - inside room

beshears

Dream

Breeze

Freedom

Glory (I believe a couple of you have been on this ship)

Magic

Splendor

I have been on the Dream, Magic and Freedom recently. The Magic is a ship that I will do again when I sail with my kids. Fun CD, lots of kid/family things to do. The Dream is fabulous as well but has less of the "kid" stuff. I love the spa pass on the Dream and Magic, but its not a deal breaker for me to not have it. All things considered, I would have to recommend the Freedom, especially if you are a group of adults. The Freedom is beautiful and the only thing missing from it is the cloud 9 spa. It does have an inside hot tub and those who are successful in finding it will be rewarded;) The CD on the Freedom as well as the staff and crew are amazing. Also, for me, it's the closest port with only a day's drive.

While I LOVE a balcony cabin, I prefer to cruise more often rather than pay much more for the balcony. I am willing to spend about $300 more from inside to balcony, which does happen at times. I am perfectly happy with an inside but only book them on decks where I can be a few steps from fresh air. My next cruise is an inside on the Freedom on deck 10 fwd.

Here is a cool graphic that shows the ships by class.

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk351/falkcor/carnival/carnival-ship-classes_zps4f39ed6a.png

My sister and I cruise together and frequently will book an inside room. The dark and lack of scenery doesn't bother either of us. I find I sleep like a rock in the dark space. We are up early and out and about the entire cruise, spending little time in our cabin. On our last cruise we were on the Breeze, deck 9 towards the front. We were able to walk down the hall just little ways and found a large area to the front of the ship that not many other people knew about. We spent time out there at night watching the stars and the waves....it is at the very front of the ship and could be breezy. I am not sure how many of the ships have areas like this but we were so happy to discover it. Anyways, keep that in mind when selecting your ship and cabin.

Deb

My sister and I cruise together and frequently will book an inside room. The dark and lack of scenery doesn't bother either of us. I find I sleep like a rock in the dark space. We are up early and out and about the entire cruise, spending little time in our cabin. On our last cruise we were on the Breeze, deck 9 towards the front. We were able to walk down the hall just little ways and found a large area to the front of the ship that not many other people knew about. We spent time out there at night watching the stars and the waves....it is at the very front of the ship and could be breezy. I am not sure how many of the ships have areas like this but we were so happy to discover it. Anyways, keep that in mind when selecting your ship and cabin.

Deb

I'm in an interior on deck 9 of Triumph now. Just a few steps from that deck.

Edited by Saint Greg

Hello, in regard to the inside rooms.

Maybe you book on your own, but I go through a TA.

How can I know if the inner room has a port hole, larger than some of the rest, or what?

if you had a inner room, did they ever offer to upgrade you?

I don't think you get a porthole cabin by accident by booking an inside. The category is called PT.

I was in an inside room on the Triumph in July. This was my first time in an inside room and I actually really liked it. I thought not having a window would bother me, but it didn't. The inside rooms with windows that you are talking about are the porthole rooms. If I remember correctly, you book them at an inside price, plus a few more dollars a day. These rooms have two porthole windows instead of the one big window that the ocean view rooms have. I've had several porthole rooms on the Fantasy and the Elation and I love them.

:D

I've cruised with an ex. We were cruise compatable. His girlfriend wasn't too happy, but she hated cruising. What was cute was asking our steward to separate the beds. Of course with the same last name, he didn't know.:D

Been divorced for over 16 years, but have remained close friends through the whole mess. Ironically, she changed her name when we got divorced back to her maiden name, but soon regretted it as she was a realtor and all her expensive wood signs had to be changed over time. So, the beds will be separated upon boarding. :D

I booked this next upcoming cruise, BREEZE Oct.23, solo to be with a friend who also booked his own cabin. When she found out, I got those "puppy-dog-eyes", so I welcomed her on board (it's really not all that noble, the price is the same;)). She's smart, a looker, 12 years younger than me; I'm surprised someone hasn't gobbled that up by now, but, Oh well. :rolleyes: I'm sure we'll have a great time. We've cruised divorced before. In a couple of years we'll be taking our Grandchildren with us probably.

I usually book last minute (3-5 days before the cruise) so there normally isn't enough time for her to find out about it. :D I've never booked a cruise 5 months in advance which is killing me to wait.

Have been on 3 different Carnival Ships in the last 6yrs, all in different inside staterooms.

Fantasy 2010, regular inside. Decent size, nice enough room. Most of the time we had 3 in there because my son who was sharing a room with his uncle would come over and visit with me and his sis. So even with 2 beds there was still plenty of room for 3 to lounge around in the beds.

Freedom 2014, porthole inside. Smaller room but the floorplan works for 2. I had the room with 1 twin and the couch bed. I actually took the couch bed because it was a little shorter and the boy is 6'1"(plus he really liked to look out at the ocean). What I did like about this room was the added storage space you get having the porthole sill to put stuff on. Alot of Anchor noise when putting down or pulling up the anchor.

Magic 2015, inside window w/walkway view. This room was BIG, I had 602(or maybe it was 2602?). Front of the ship again like the porthole room but this time the anchor noise was not as bad but the 1st night out of Galveston the pitching was so bad I had a hard time and got a little sea sick. I do love this room though. There were 2 twins and another couch/twin that remained a couch so it was nice and roomy. We actually had eveyone(all 7 of us) in my room 1 night discussing what we wanted to do and there was plenty of room. If you really like to stretch out this would be a fabulous room for it. Family in 604, next door did not have the couch so I think just 601 and 602 had them.

All in all insides are a great value and I do prefer to have it pretty dark, but do like having a window. Actually going on Fantasy again in Oct 17 but have a window at the boys request since he does like looking out. I like having the sill so he can put all his crap(chargers and stuff) up there when not in use.

Sorry I could not get back with those that have continued to responds, as I just got back from vacation, and trying to "catch up," again.

I am going to try to keep all your suggestions in mind, and if you have anything else to comment, please feel free to do so.

I believe someone ask where we would be leaving from, or flying to? It will probably be from Florida or Texas, coming from Kansas City, flying to Florida or Texas, then cruising.

I went with four in an Riviera inside cabin on Fascination. There wasn't a lot of walking room but it as bearable. I also did an inside cabin on lido deck on Sunshine for two and it was great. We did not request or need it but they gave us a handicap accessible room and the bathroom and shower were HUGE!

Just came off Splendor. Had inside cabins 7408. Even though I sailed solo I had the steward separate the beds. That gave me tons of floor space. The 2nd bed was used for all the towel animals I got during the week. This cabin will only accommodate 2 people. There are no upper bunks or a sofa. The refrigerator worked great.

Hope ya left 7408 in good shape for me. My girlfriend and I have that cabin for our B2B starting 11/28. It's actually my first inside. I've always had balconies but found after the ban on balcony smoking, I didn't spend near as much time out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only ever had an inside cabin & have one again of my upcoming cruise. I rarely spend time in the room so it suits me just fine. Most travelling has been with a friend or partner & there's no space issue with 2 in a room.

I now cruise with my kids, so 3 of us in a room & they both INSIST on having a top bunk. It did get a little cramped in there with 3 people & 2 bunks pulled down. They got a lot of enjoyment out of watching me duck under beds & dodge suitcases though :rolleyes: I cant justify the extra $$ for a balcony that I'll spend every moment on yelling to my son "stop that", "Do not climb that", or "Get off you're not a monkey".

Plus, I like the darkness for sleeping. Ive been scared of portholes & oceanview because I tend towards motion sickness. I'm fine out in the open, but watching the waves through small windows makes me a little ill. In the dining room I'm always torn between wanting that lovely view & wanting to not be dizzy.

Edited by Drose716