Regal princess anytime dining

Siora7777

It depends on your itinerary and when you choose to eat. Too if you will join others at any size open table, it will be better for you. There are busy times, usually 6:30-7:30. Can be later if there are lots of Europeans who tend to eat later.

We avoid anytime on Princess because they allow traditional diners to switch back and forth, so they can add to lines when they don't want to hurry to dinner at 6 or wait till their assigned late seating. In the meantime their traditional tables sits empty.

After a couple days you'll figure out when the best time to go is.;)

For those of you that have sailed Regal, how was your experience with anytime dining? I've read several reviews saying it was chaotic with long waits.

We've experienced 6 weeks of ATD on the Royal & Regal and most days arrived when the Symphony opened at 5:30 and had no waits for a table for two.

You've read reviews from passengers who had different experiences but if we wanted to dine between 6:30-7:30 there would probably be such long waits. We either arrive when the ATD room opens or after about 7:30 when the other ATD is finished with it's early traditional seating. I never had a delay when arriving early or late so if you want to improve your odds of not having chaotic with long waits experiences then avoid the crowds & dine either early or late.

There are variables to ATD but if too many people want to eat at the same time on any ship there'll be waits. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We usually go to the MDR around 7:30-8pm when MDRs on decks 5 & 6 are both ATD. We very seldom encounter long lines. If ever, we were handed out a beeper to avoid standing in line and were seated in about 15 minutes. We always ask for a table for 2. It will be faster to be seated if you share a table.

We've experienced 6 weeks of ATD on the Royal & Regal and most days arrived when the Symphony opened at 5:30 and had no waits for a table for two.

You've read reviews from passengers who had different experiences but if we wanted to dine between 6:30-7:30 there would probably be such long waits. We either arrive when the ATD room opens or after about 7:30 when the other ATD is finished with it's early traditional seating. I never had a delay when arriving early or late so if you want to improve your odds of not having chaotic with long waits experiences then avoid the crowds & dine either early or late.

There are variables to ATD but if too many people want to eat at the same time on any ship there'll be waits. ;)

Frank.....thats Del Boca Vista dining times. Did you have a $2 off coupon? :eek:

We have sailed on the Regal three times and always do ATD. We dine between 8-8:30 and never had any issues. We always take a table for two . On the first evening we introduce ourselves to the Maitre D and ask if we can reserve the same table for the remainder of our cruise. Works for us ! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on Regal in the Baltic, July into August. Anytime dining was the best ever experience of any cruise. We never had to wait, even for a table for two. Normally we dined about 8pm but sometimes it was earlier. The dining room was never too busy.

We have sailed on the Regal three times and always do ATD. We dine between 8-8:30 and never had any issues. We always take a table for two . On the first evening we introduce ourselves to the Maitre D and ask if we can reserve the same table for the remainder of our cruise. Works for us ! [emoji4]]

How is this different from booking late traditional dining at a table for two? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just interested in what the difference may be.

Oh yes! I would like feedback on this too. However, we eat pretty late. 8-9pm. Hoping we won't have an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Very easy to get seated around the times you mention. Starting at 7:30 a second DR opens up and there are lots of tables available.

For those of you that have sailed Regal, how was your experience with anytime dining? I've read several reviews saying it was chaotic with long waits.

Haven't been on the Regal, but on the Royal we had no problems getting seated if we arrived around 5:45 or 6. Also no problems after 7:30. Tables to share are easier to get during busy times then tables for two.

How is this different from booking late traditional dining at a table for two? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just interested in what the difference may be.

The difference for us is not having to wait in the crowded area with everyone trying to be seated at the same time. So we basically end up with a more or less set dining time in a much more relaxed setting [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The difference for us is not having to wait in the crowded area with everyone trying to be seated at the same time. So we basically end up with a more or less set dining time in a much more relaxed setting [emoji5]]

I completely understand that! It is a bit of a cattle call down there. Thank you!

We've found the exact same thing on the Regal/Royal and most other ships as well. It's only the middle period that really gets crowded.

My husband and I cruised on the regal August 8 to the Baltic we found MDR chaotic especially around 7-7:30 very busy and usually had to wait as everyone is wanting to go to the show in the the Princess theatre. I found the comment that traditional diners were able to swap between the dining rooms! Anytime diners could not!! and another gripe is large group of Chinese with bad manners took over the dining room with their drinking games, not acceptable PRINCESS ....

Just off the Regal and only ate in MDR 2x, once for breakfast and once for dinner. For dinner, we arrived around 7p and there was no wait at all. I noticed signs on each side when we walked into the Symphony dining room. The left side said "anytime reservations" and the other said "walk-ups".

We were just on Regal Princess for the recent Baltic cruise. (Fantastic, BTW.) We like to go to dinner around 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. On Regal Princess, the Symphony dining room is always Anytime. Concerto is scheduled to be Anytime after 8:15 p.m., but it would often open for Anytime earlier than that. (Sometimes we were sent, along with others, from the Symphony queue to Concerto only to be told to go back to Symphony. Finally a Maitre d' went along and told Concerto to seat all of us who had been sent there.)

At times, the Symphony line was long, at other times not that bad. One can make a reservation for a specified time. Usually it will be faster if you agree to share, but not always.

Dining later gives you more options between Symphony and Concerto after the latter has opened for Anytime. Also note that Alfredo's is a great alternative if you are in the mood for pizza or pasta for dinner.

We like to go to dinner around 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. On Regal Princess, the Symphony dining room is always Anytime. Concerto is scheduled to be Anytime after 8:15 p.m., but it would often open for Anytime earlier than that. (Sometimes we were sent, along with others, from the Symphony queue to Concerto only to be told to go back to Symphony. Finally a Maitre d' went along and told Concerto to seat all of us who had been sent there.)

We also experience that at times. But we were always accompanied by a reception staff to Concerto, and not turned back to Symphony.

Haven't been on the Regal, but on the Royal we had no problems getting seated if we arrived around 5:45 or 6. Also no problems after 7:30. Tables to share are easier to get during busy times then tables for two.

It was the same for my wife and I. :)

Tony

It depends on your itinerary and when you choose to eat. Too if you will join others at any size open table, it will be better for you. There are busy times, usually 6:30-7:30. Can be later if there are lots of Europeans who tend to eat later.

We avoid anytime on Princess because they allow traditional diners to switch back and forth, so they can add to lines when they don't want to hurry to dinner at 6 or wait till their assigned late seating. In the meantime their traditional tables sits empty.

After a couple days you'll figure out when the best time to go is.;)

I didn't know traditional were allowed to change. This is ridiculous, defeats the whole purpose.