How do I get new luggage tags for a changed cabin number?

reedl

I am going on the Majesty on 26Sep, and changed my cabin last week. The cruise documentation has already been issued, so the luggage tag I can print has the old cabin number.

Does anyone know how to get RCCL to 're-issue' the documentation with the new cabin number? I like to put the tags into the cruise critic sleeves so they do not fall off.

Thoughts?

Just cross out the old number and write in the NEW one!

The location is different, so the pictogram of where we are on the ship is different. They will sort the luggage incorrectly.

I will call my agent and have them reissued.

I called the agent, and now the status of the document says 'not issued'. But it was said to me that it will take 24 hours which is fine since I have two weeks.

I like having the real tags instead of the porter's handwritten tags.

Thanks all.

My last cruise I was told to cross out the old info and the new info. My luggage was lost we ended up finding in the hall at original stateroom.

You were the victim of incorrect information. ALWAYS have the cruise documents reissued. If there is not enough time obtain tags from the porters at the pier. Otherwise good luck finding your luggage.

The luggage tags which are printed not only have the cabin number, but the deck number and location on the tag for quicker sorting. So if you use the old tags and were in area A of deck 9, and now are in area D of Deck 10, your luggage will be delayed because they pre sorted the luggage incorrectly.

As to the handwritten porter tags, the one time I did that, they were completely illegible. They somehow got to our cabin, but I was amazed that anyone was able to make out the numbers.

I use the Cruise Critic luggage tags and they work well. I put one in the plastic holder, and also attach one to the handle. This way there are two tags on the bag to pretty much guarantee that at least one tag will remain.