carnival conquest steakhouse???

pugclickytoes

Anyone recently go on the conquest and eat at the steakhouse on one of the first two nights and get a free bottle of wine? I had seen some info online stating this but they said its not on every cruise though, also how was the food???? thanks for any info!

We did in January. And yes, we received the free bottle. Since we had Cheers we asked if we could have it unopened and take it with us. They did not seem to have an issue with it. :p

The food was very good. Double cut lamb chops for me and lobster for DH.

I was on the Conquest in April and then June of this year and ate in the Steakhouse each time.

I usually ordered 2 appetizers (escargots, ahi tuna, beef carpaccio or shrimp cocktail) and my entree(9 oz filet mignon or double lamb chops med. rare).

If I want to eat dessert there, I can only manage the fruit assortment. Sometimes I'll bring that humungous slice of cheesecake back to my cabin for a midnight treat.

Service is usually much superior to the MDR.

We loved our 30th anniversary dinner at the steakhouse in July. They even gave us a 25 dollar gift card for wine (among other things). Here's my big Shrimp cocktail - it was delicious:

1z3m1oo.jpg

as was the steak (hers was butterflied because she likes it a touch more well-done than I do)

2iqls1d.jpg

ojje5j.jpg

the whole experience was delightful and about what we expect from places like Del Frisco's or our* little locally owned steakhouse in Orlando (Backroom Steakhouse if you ever get to Orlando - it's a great steak). And much less money than either of those would be. The cheesecake for dessert was huge and they also gave us a little chocolate tart thing for our anniversary.

*I don't mean we own it - it's just our steakhouse of choice for special occasions. (when we aren;t on a cruise)

Edited by originalgeek

Just a small FYI. If you like a good steak, but don't want to go to the steakhouse for whatever reason, be sure to go to your sea day brunch in the MDR. We were on Conquest in June. They served filet mignon at brunch. Great way to have steak & eggs for breakfast. It tasted great and, best of all, it was free.

We went to the Steakhouse the first night and got the free bottle of wine. But you can also, as an alternative, order any bottle of wine off the menu at 50% off. I've had both the white and red freebies on various ships and they are fair at best. The 50% off is a great deal if you enjoy fine wines.

The service is excellent as is the food. Plan on a good 2 hours or so for your dinner experience, but it is a very pleasant evening.

We loved our 30th anniversary dinner at the steakhouse in July. They even gave us a 25 dollar gift card for wine (among other things). Here's my big Shrimp cocktail - it was delicious:

as was the steak (hers was butterflied because she likes it a touch more well-done than I do)

the whole experience was delightful and about what we expect from places like Del Frisco's or our* little locally owned steakhouse in Orlando (Backroom Steakhouse if you ever get to Orlando - it's a great steak). And much less money than either of those would be. The cheesecake for dessert was huge and they also gave us a little chocolate tart thing for our anniversary.

*I don't mean we own it - it's just our steakhouse of choice for special occasions. (when we aren;t on a cruise)

With those pictures, I believe every word you wrote:)

Just a small FYI. If you like a good steak, but don't want to go to the steakhouse for whatever reason, be sure to go to your sea day brunch in the MDR. We were on Conquest in June. They served filet mignon at brunch. Great way to have steak & eggs for breakfast. It tasted great and, best of all, it was free.

There is indeed a tiny 3 oz filet at the seafood brunch. To call it a good steak comparable to the 9 or 10 oz that is served in the Steakhouse is like comparing a fast food burger patty to an Angus or Kobe burger.

True, the seabrunch steak is free, but if it wasn't, I wouldn't pay for it. The fliet mignon in the Steakhouse is similar to a triple trimmed Omaha filet.

Edited by evandbob

There is indeed a tiny 3 oz filet at the seafood brunch. To call it a good steak comparable to the 9 or 10 oz that is served in the Steakhouse is like comparing a fast food burger patty to an Angus or Kobe burger.

True, the seabrunch steak is free, but if it wasn't, I wouldn't pay for it. The fliet mignon in the Steakhouse is similar to a triple trimmed Omaha filet.

At no point did I compare it to any item on the steakhouse menu. I was simply giving the OP more information. Another option. Nothing wrong with that. I said it tasted great, and it did. If the size of that particular steak is an issue to anyone, order two or three. I say give someone whatever information is available and let them make their own decision.

Forgive me if that has been answered, with the lamb chops (upright in dish) what is meat on same plate?

It is lamb. :p

It is basically two different cuts of lamb thus 'double cut' lamb chops. You definitely do not go hungry! It is the one and only dish where I have carried out leftovers back to my cabin.:o

nope im not going to waiver bookbug53 we booked it today... thank you for taking the time to post those pics so awesome!! my problem is going to be choosing an entree I love steak ..I love lamb.. I love lobster...going to be hard.. I understand they do let you order more than one appetizer and side though...:eek: