Oasis class balcony preference- Higher or Lower deck?

adamnoone

I am sailing on the Allure Nov 27th and I am in a D4, room 6284. I usually get a balcony on higher decks and also mid-ship. My question is what if everyone's preference who has sailed on an Oasis class ship? I haven't been on Royal since 2001, so I'd like to get peoples opinions before I switch/upgrade rooms.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Edited by adamnoone

Boardwalk and Central Park each ave their own qualities and issues so that it boils down to personal preference. We prefer Boardwalk but are really happy in both. Be aware that Central Park balconies close to the stern may well be subject to the large fan circulation noise and wind on the balcony. Other cabins there a re probably the quietest. Cabins on the boardwalk and toward the aft give an ocean view, ocean breeze and fantastic view of the water shows. As to decks, we prefer decks 8 through 12. There is no 13 and Deck 14 is a sports deck that can result in cabin noise round the clock.

I am sailing on the Allure Nov 27th and I am in a D4, room 6284. I usually get a balcony on higher decks and also mid-ship. My question is what if everyone's preference who has sailed on an Oasis class ship? I haven't been on Royal since 2001, so I'd like to get peoples opinions before I switch/upgrade rooms.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

We were on deck 6 on Oasis and loved it so much, we booked the same cabin on Allure for this coming May. We liked that it was close to Royal Promenade and Boardwalk and just two up to Central Park. We also liked being close to the elevators, which I never thought I would ever say since we love at cabins. We just got off Anthem and had the last balcony from the aft of the ship and I am not sure I will book an aft again, really missed being midship.

We are going on the Allure and are so confused as to what cabin to choose since we have never been on anything larger than Voyager class.

I normally need an accessible room, however, I'm willing to get a normal room if location and new experience warrants.

The 12727 BW balcony is available if that might be a good choice. It's not 12729 at the very end, but right next to it.

There are several CP cabins on different decks too, so that's confusing.

Or, if desired, they do have accessible BW cabins on deck 14 that some say is not a good floor because of noise above.

Or, there are accessible Ocean View balcony cabins on deck 6 near the Schooner Bar area that some have said they like and prefer.

Pricing for any of these is very close, so, with many people having positive and not so positive comments on all of these cabin and deck possibilities, how does one know what to do?

Just go for it, try something and know for next time????

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app