First Cruise - Sept 17 - Venice

slivers86

Hey everyone, my wife and I are doing the cruise on Vision of the Seas out of Venice on the 17th as part of our honeymoon.

Wondering,

We aren't huge drinkers, what is your recommendations of bev. packages? seems incredibly steep to pay top dollar for a booze package when we'd maybe enjoy a bottle of wine on fancy dinner nights.

I cruised with another cruise line where I could get drinks (coke, juice) at the buffet style eating area during all hours without an additional package, is this the same on these ships?

Last question, I promise!

We are staying about a block from the train station in Venice. Where is the pier, and is it walkable from the train station? We check out of our hotel at 11:30am , so just trying to set a game plan. Nowhere in our information tells us where we need to go to board the ship! Confused!

Thanks so much for your help, and hopefully see some of you onboard :)

Edited by slivers86

You don't need a package to have wine and soda. You can buy glasses and/or bottles of wine singly whenever you want. Glasses of wine start around $8.

Soda is not free at any time. A can of soda runs $3.

These beverages are part of your basic cruise fare, no extra cost: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade (not carbonated), milk, and juices at breakfast.

We are staying about a block from the train station in Venice. Where is the pier, and is it walkable from the train station? We check out of our hotel at 11:30am , so just trying to set a game plan. Nowhere in our information tells us where we need to go to board the ship! Confused!

Standing with your back to the train station, and the canal in front of you, turn right and walk over the "glass" bridge. This will take you to Piazzale Roma, the huge square. Straight ahead you will see the carparks and next to these is the People Mover mono rail which for €1.50pp will take you directly to the cruise terminal. This is the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to get there.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

Hey everyone, my wife and I are doing the cruise on Vision of the Seas out of Venice on the 17th as part of our honeymoon.

Wondering,

We aren't huge drinkers, what is your recommendations of bev. packages? seems incredibly steep to pay top dollar for a booze package when we'd maybe enjoy a bottle of wine on fancy dinner nights.

I cruised with another cruise line where I could get drinks (coke, juice) at the buffet style eating area during all hours without an additional package, is this the same on these ships?

Last question, I promise!

You can hop on the people mover from the square just down from the train station for about 1 euro when we where there a couple of years ago you could check your luggage in at the train station for your cruise for a few euros then make your way at your leisure via the people mover later in the day

Straight ahead you will see the carparks and next to these is the People Mover mono rail which for €1.50pp will take you directly to the cruise terminal. This is the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to get there.

Just to be clear for the OP, there is some walking involved with this, including about 400 yards from the people mover to the pier. If you can handle your luggage easily, this is a good option.

Nowhere in our information tells us where we need to go to board the ship!

The directions to the pier are in your cruise docs.

BTW, not too late to join the Meet and Mingle for your sailing - you can "meet" others before you board and ask specific questions over there.