New things and old things

the english lady

We have been informed that from r615 suites and mini suites on Aurora are getting a paid for mini bar..is that fleet wide or just Aurora.

Also it's 11.14 and we are looking at a full car park with cars pouring in...hope they are all very early boarders or they may have a while to wait.

The fridge now has a selection of small bottles in. If you do not want them you steward will take them away. You need the room for your own booze. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just about to board Arcadia (in the car queue), am I getting a free bar [emoji102] ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not a free bar, you have to pay for it. I spoke to the hotel services hod at the pen do and said are you stopping people bringing stuff on board for the cabin. He said no. You can still do that. So we will see how long the bean counters allow that to continue.

My fridge was empty. Good job I've filled it! Feeling squiffy now after 3 glasses of champagne. Apologies to Dai, I said last time there were no refills and he begged to differ. I can confirm it's flowing today.

Edited by Florry

My fridge was empty. Good job I've filled it! Feeling squiffy now after 3 glasses of champagne. Apologies to Dai, I said last time there were no refills and he begged to differ. I can confirm it's flowing today.

:) :) :) :)

Have a wonderful cruise Florry! Not really jealous.....:D I did similar to your itinerary in 2011.:)

Of course I could be looking at the wrong carpark. I was looking at the one that emptied this morning.. me thinks I am looking at the wrong carpark.

I foresee problems with people getting a fridge full of alcoholic drinks as soon as they board. Did you make the muster drill?

Lol John

Edited by john watson

I foresee problems with people getting a fridge full of alcoholic drinks as soon as they board. Did you make the muster drill?

Lol John

John what are you insinuating.

:) :) :) :)

John what are you insinuating?

Well Dai I am struggling to get the gist of this. After reading post #1 I was thinking EL has unloaded her car and parked it in the car park, boarded and found a mini-bar in the cabin. Then I read post#2 and am thinking EL has unloaded the mini-bar and disembarked, waited in the car park for it to empty to identify her car more easily under the circumstances but has stood in the wrong car park for some reason. It's easily done.

Lol John

Edited by john watson

Well Dai I am struggling to get the gist of this. After reading post #1 I was thinking EL has unloaded her car and parked it in the car park, boarded and found a mini-bar in the cabin. Then I read post#2 and am thinking EL has unloaded the mini-bar and disembarked, waited in the car park for it to empty to identify her car more easily under the circumstances but has stood in the wrong car park for some reason. It's easily done.

Lol John

This made me laugh :D:D (sorry EL!)

Happy cruise to all of you today .... whether the fridge is full or empty !

Can't imagine having a fridge full of free drinks when we board ..... would be plastered by the time the beeps and whistle went for Muster :D:D:D As our box of wine has to last us a few weeks (and we have a bottle of champagne waiting ;)) we usually pace ourselves on day one ;)....:)

We are back.

Steward left the drinks in a bag under the table in case we partook, but we didn't.

My winebox lasted me 18 days just.

OH got his whiskey as and when we stopped at ports.

Why does Pando think that people will pay them money to have a drink in the cabin, when it is cheaper to take your own onboard.

They said they had tried it on other ships and some people used it.. I haven't heard of it elsewhere.

Have to say when we disembarked this time it was our fastest ever.

Had to be in masquerades at 8.45am. We got there just before that and they were going out of the door the other side, onto the prom deck and straight onto the air bridge...took us..oh 2 minutes and we were off the ship...

The fridge on Azura had a minibar set up in July on Azura but when we asked the steward to remove the contents he said that they had been told to tell passengers that the contents had to remain in the fridge. Fortunately we only wanted to put 2 bottles of wine in and we managed to squeeze them in. I was not impressed and spoke to reception who reiterated that the contents should not be removed.

The fridge on Azura had a minibar set up in July on Azura but when we asked the steward to remove the contents he said that they had been told to tell passengers that the contents had to remain in the fridge. Fortunately we only wanted to put 2 bottles of wine in and we managed to squeeze them in. I was not impressed and spoke to reception who reiterated that the contents should not be removed.

On Azura we were asked if we wanted them removed. :) That was July.

Edited by daiB