For those with early flights out of FLL

briternik

Just wanted to let you know that we did early departure this morning. Got in the line on the Allure at 6 and was at our gate at 6:50. In plenty of time to make our 9:45 flight. 😀

We have done the same exact thing twice. Don't you just love the port of FL? :) How was your cruise? Did you like the Allure?

Just wanted to let you know that we did early departure this morning. Got in the line on the Allure at 6 and was at our gate at 6:50. In plenty of time to make our 9:45 flight. 😀

Did you have many people ahead of you in the self-assist line at 6am?

Just wanted to let you know that we did early departure this morning. Got in the line on the Allure at 6 and was at our gate at 6:50. In plenty of time to make our 9:45 flight. [emoji3]

Yes. It can be done. However, any issue related to the ship or customs could stop you in your tracks. Not a good way to end a cruise. I get off the ship early too , but like the cushion of a 10;45am flight.

Not everyone has the choice of a 10:45am vs 9:45am flight. Sometimes it is 9:45am or 1:30pm, and the 1:30pm can cost two or three times as much. Then you are left with 9:45am or 5:00pm, and I'll take the gamble on book the 9:45, especially on Oasis class which docks first.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I love to take advantage of the luggage valet so I have to have a flight that is after 11:30 out of fort Lauderdale. My next trip is in Dec and I have a 11:40 Southwest flight. We will take our time getting off the ship, take our last walk around the ship and then walk off without much of a line and the best part No Luggage :)

Steve

I love to take advantage of the luggage valet so I have to have a flight that is after 11:30 out of fort Lauderdale. My next trip is in Dec and I have a 11:40 Southwest flight. We will take our time getting off the ship, take our last walk around the ship and then walk off without much of a line and the best part No Luggage :)

Steve

What is the fee for luggage valet on SWA, and how do you set it up? Does it include a shuttle to FLL airport, or can you get one, or must you take a taxi?

I'm asking specificly for the Serenade.

What is the fee for luggage valet on SWA, and how do you set it up? Does it include a shuttle to FLL airport, or can you get one, or must you take a taxi?

I'm asking specificly for the Serenade.

The fee is $20 per person. It only covers luggage transportation, you have to arrange the human part of the transportation. A taxi is quickest, easiest, and cheapest at less than $20.

Set up Luggage Valet by filling out the form you will receive in your stateroom a few days before the end of the cruise.

It definitely tends to work out but is by no means a guarantee. I had a 9:45 flight out my last Oasis cruise as well and, like you, made it to the airport by 7.

PS ... for anyone interested not on an Oasis-class ship, don't be tempted by super-early flights. ;)

Agree!!!!

I was on Oasis 2 weeks ago. The price for luggage valet had gone up to $25 per person. I decided to skip it, printed our boarding passes at rc online for free and rolled our one checked bag off ourselves (no stairs required on this departure).

We left our room at 7:15 and were at the airport gate at 8:00. We had no wait for an elevator, exiting deck 5 or at customs.

I'll be disembarking Oasis on 9-24-16, flight on United out of FLL 12:15pm

Haven't gone out of FLL in years, never sailed on a mega ship, so need advice on what approach to take when disembarking

Thanks ..L:)ri

You have loads of time. I'd tell Guest Services you want luggage tags that will let you leave no later than 9:30am.

We departed allure this morning and was at the airport before 7:00 am for a 9:20 a.m. We were up at 5 am though [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]. Not sure how would take a

flight before 10 a.m. For anything other than oasis class ships.

Why specifically do you say "oasis class ship"? I booked a 10:35 AM flight home thru SWA. A 9ish one was available but didn't want to risk it. Perusing CC, many would say even my 10:35 is pushing it but I'm keeping it. Now, while using a diff cruise app, I see FIVE ships arrive the same morning as us. We have global entry and will be in line at 6 am. Watched the Allure return this morning at 5:30

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why specifically do you say "oasis class ship"? ...

Because Oasis class typically arrives before 6am, and uses terminal 18, which is probably the most efficient terminal at Port Everglades for embarkation/disembarkation.

You have loads of time. I'd tell Guest Services you want luggage tags that will let you leave no later than 9:30am.

Because Oasis class typically arrives before 6am, and uses terminal 18, which is probably the most efficient terminal at Port Everglades for embarkation/disembarkation.

Thanks...answered another question I was wondering about but did not ask.

I assume there is a taxi line for the airport?

[/color]

Thanks...answered another question I was wondering about but did not ask.

I assume there is a taxi line for the airport?

Yes, taxis are plentiful at Port Eveglades. The most we have ever waited was 10 minutes, because we wanted a minivan taxi.

The reason why people are able to book early flights after Oasis class sailings is that due to their size (and need for more time to offload luggage and load luggage and other supplies), they arrive earlier than other ships. 10:35am is probably fine for another ship, but just make sure you are in line to be off ASAP.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app